Author Topic: greedy thorn primitive gets siphoned  (Read 1519 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
greedy thorn primitive gets siphoned
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2993796

Oh my.

I'll have to check the legendary herb primitive's comments, to see where this came from.

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:18 PM
Original message

New crime because of gas prices... Someone syphoned my tank

I filled up my car 59 dollars

then went to visit hubbys gma in hospital

came back out after about an hour and started my car to have the low tank beep

WTF???

this will happen more as the higher gas becomes

In April 2006, six months before the mid-term elections, the Democrats promised us that if given control of Congress, they'd bring down gasoline prices.

Well, it's been fourteen months now, since the Democrats took control of Congress.

What's up with that?

Richard D  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:21 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. By September . . . 

. . . it'll probably be felony grand theft.

ben_meyers (903 posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:23 PM
Response to Original message

3. During the "Arab oil embargo" of the 70's you couldn't find a locking gas cap to save your life. Or an "emergency" siphon hose either for that matter.

Iggo (730 posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:32 PM
Response to Reply #3

12. That's when I learned how to siphon gas.

Suck, don't swallow.

At least, I thought that's what I was learning....HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Fridays Child  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:24 PM

4. Repukes see this as an investment oportunity: the locking gas cap market.

eShirl  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:25 PM

5. I'm surprised we haven't been hearing more about this lately, considering the prices

Back during the Arab Oil Embargo days ('73-74 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis ) there were stories in the newspapers all the time about gas siphoning.

Some people even died from accidental gasoline ingestion (iirc, swallowing as little as a quarter teaspoon is lethal).

Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:25 PM

6. We went through this during the 70s oil embargo. There are anti-siphon gadgets. 

We'll all be getting them soon.

MessiahRp  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:27 PM

7. Not a new crime by any means...

Had it happen to me last year... though I admit mine was funnier because I only had a quarter tank and it was freezing the day they did it.

margotb822  (422 posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:30 PM

10. I'm thankful for technology

My gas tank locks when the car is locked. I always wondered why. Now I know!

Lint Head (1000+ posts)     Tue Mar-11-08 08:32 PM

11. More than that is going to happen. People get desperate when funds get low. As prices rise on stuff, more stuff will be stolen. More people will be killed to steal things.

The result of Republican tactics, no matter how noble, is always DEATH! The answer to everything for a Republican is to kill or to let people die one way or the other. A person that doesn't believe that will be the next victim.

spanone  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:35 PM

14. happened a lot in the 70's...locking gas cap

FSogol  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:39 PM

17. This happed all the time in the 70s. Buy yourself a locking gas cap.

Arctic Dave  (183 posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:40 PM

18. Unfortonately I think stealing gas will be the least of our problems if things start to really get desperate.

Hmmmm.

I thought things had really gotten desperate since January 20, 2001.

They haven't gotten really desperate yet?

Possumpoint (276 posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:41 PM

19. I bought locking gas caps when prices climbed after hurricane Katrina. Learned my lesson after the gas crisis in 1973. A few days later, my neighbor had his gas siphoned in his driveway.

The only problem is there's those that are and will be so desperate that they resort to puncturing the tank to steal gas. History repeats itself.

Mojambo  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:50 PM

20. I never have more than a quarter of a tank in my truck nowadays

So I'm not a real juicy target.

KharmaTrain  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:56 PM

21. Shades Of 1974...

Siphon hoses were the rage...I remember seeing ads for them in magazines. Also I would imagine "drive-offs" are up at the few remaining stations that haven't gone pay first.

This brings to mind the funny National Lampoon bit...John Belushi plays a dealing...but instead of Panama Red, he was dealing high grade Royal Dutch Gold and Marathon Superb...and only "a buck a bucket". Wouldn't ya know it, they find out it's not really Royal Dutch Gold, but Spic 'n Span...

In a very seroius vein...please be careful, as money gets tight, people will find ways to take or do whatever to get ahead.

I dunno how it is in other places, but a couple of weeks ago, a convenience store clerk told me how they had caught a "drive-off," someone who had put in forty bucks of gasoline and then left without paying.

The clerk couldn't catch the license-plate number.

However, the clerk could catch the CLINTON bumper-sticker, and so the perpetrator was caught.

Thus proving the obvious; that most thefts are done by Democrats, liberals, and primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: greedy thorn primitive gets siphoned
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:52:42 PM »
Fridays Child  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 08:24 PM

4. Repukes see this as an investment oportunity: the locking gas cap market.

Yes, that is how the market usually works.  Sorry you missed school that day.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:00:56 PM »
Lint Head (1000+ posts)     Tue Mar-11-08 08:32 PM

11. More than that is going to happen. People get desperate when funds get low. As prices rise on stuff, more stuff will be stolen. More people will be killed to steal things.

The result of Republican tactics, no matter how noble, is always DEATH! The answer to everything for a Republican is to kill or to let people die one way or the other. A person that doesn't believe that will be the next victim.

Funny how it is the wacko liberals who don't want the USA drilling for oil or mining high grade oil shale.  To do so sure would lower the price of gasoline.

It seems it is the liberal wackos who will have blood on their hands.

And BTW, honest people don't turn to crime no matter how "desperate" they become.  That is a trait of liberals and hippies and other degenerates.  You peeps in the "blue areas" better start parking in the garage.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:11 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 08:18 PM
Original message

New crime because of gas prices... Someone syphoned my tank

I filled up my car 59 dollars

then went to visit hubbys gma in hospital

came back out after about an hour and started my car to have the low tank beep

WTF???

this will happen more as the higher gas becomes

WTF? $59 to fill up your Yugo? Guess those former Eastern Bloc countries aren't making them like they used to.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »

WTF? $59 to fill up your Yugo? Guess those former Eastern Bloc countries aren't making them like they used to.

Indeed -- even if you assume she paid $4 a gallon, thats still a 15 gallon tank. That sounds like a non Moonbat-approved vehicle. She needs to be tombstoned post-haste, as she is a rabid freeper troll !!

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
Surprise, surprise the democrat congress let us down.  Things have not been this bad sinc 93, when they were last in control.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »

Indeed -- even if you assume she paid $4 a gallon, thats still a 15 gallon tank. That sounds like a non Moonbat-approved vehicle. She needs to be tombstoned post-haste, as she is a rabid freeper troll !!

For a 15 gallon tank, she's gotta be driving an Explorer or some other SUV. From what I understand, most regular sized cars have a gas tank of between 10-13 gallons.

TROLL!!!!!  :angryvillagers:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »
Now wait a minute.....how come no one mentioned who was president during the 70's gas crisis????
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle