Author Topic: That's it - I'm DONE!!!!! - American Nan has had it (at least a stroke)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
NanceGreggs  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-10-08 08:32 PM
Original message
That's It - I'm DONE!!!

I have been posting here since the fall of 2005, and I have now absolutely had it!

I am sick and tired of the endless fence-sitting, equivocating, and complete lack of commitment my fellow DUers have demonstrated towards the Democratic candidates.

If you have an opinion about Hillary or Obama, it’s time you got up off your virtual ass and said so!

How many threads have I opened only to see comments like, “Excuse me, if I may, I’d like to say something that might be taken as a negative comment about Hillary,” or, “I hesitate to broach the topic, but there was something Obama said recently that causes me concern”?

Jesus H. Christ, people – out with it! And for the sake of all that is holy, if you can’t think of anything negative to say about one of the two remaining candidates, don’t let that stop you!

Where is your creativity? Are we just going to collectively admit that we aren’t as imaginative as the Freepers when it comes to making shit up? Are we going to sit back and allow RW pundits and TV and radio “personalities” to spew absolute garbage about either of our potential nominees without besting them at their own game? Are we going to let things like facts stand in the way of a really good story about one of our own, a completely bogus story we can easily make-up ourselves?

Where is your sense of decency? If you still have one, you are obviously not with the program!

I am particularly pissed-off with people who continue to post OPs about the so-called important issues we should be looking at as we choose who to nominate for the Presidency of the United States – yadda, yadda, big deal position – things like Iraq, the economy, education, foreign policy, and all of that other inconsequential bullshit that is currently clogging our very own internetz tubes.

Don’t you types (and don’t pretend we don’t all know you are!) have more important things to discuss? I don’t want to hear about Hillary’s healthcare program – I want to hear about how she’s a corporate shill in bed with the pharmaceutical industry, and I want details about those ties, no matter how tangential they might be! I am not the least bit interested in Obama’s plans for unifying the nation – I want to savor every last baseless inference about his madrassa years and the significance of his middle name!

So you’re a Hillary supporter, and all you’ve done is phone-banked on her behalf, without dredging up some anti-Obama rumor to post here? You call yourself an Obama supporter, and you’ve contributed money to his campaign without starting a thread about Hillary’s unsubstantiated nefarious dealings with organized crime? Yeah, go tell yourself you’re truly committed to the cause – someone out there will believe you.

But I, for one, am not taken in by your alleged support of someone you supposedly believe in, while you just can't bring yourself to utterly decimate the fellow-Democrat they're running against.

Of course, the posters who have really put me over the edge are the ones who insist on reproducing entire articles about the candidates, instead of just lopping-off the stuff that might reflect negatively on their personal choice.

There should be a special alert button for these “context police”, who demand that verbatim quotes be presented in full, without the addition of their own comments like at least, that’s what I understood her to mean, or I’m sure this is what he really meant, if you read between the lines!

Well, give me a big, ****in’ personal break! What next? Having to stick to facts instead of innuendo? Being forced by the Admins to adhere to things like fairness and even-handedness? Being shut-down by power-hungry mods who have a TS quota to meet, and are lying-in-wait for people who attempt to go over the three-flamebait-threads per-day limit?

Enough is enough, people! If you can’t be bothered to insult not only the candidate who rivals your own choice but his/her supporters as well, if you can’t find the time in your busy schedule to join in the name-calling of your fellow DUers, if you can’t make the effort to find the tiniest soundbyte about your candidate’s rival and turn it into a full-blown scandal-de-jour worthy of intense scrutiny and possibly a Congressional investigation, you obviously just don’t care!

As for me, I’m done. I have seen one too many facts cited, I have heard one too many calls for common sense and reason, I have read one too many admonishments that we should act civilly and responsibly.

And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let common courtesy stand in the way of our God-given right to say the nastiest things we can possibly think of (or make up) about the candidates, and each other.

Let me just add that  thingy for the satire impaired, along with a sincere apology to those who were elated at the thought of my actual departure!

Ain’t going anywhere!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5011068

Roaring campfire that's a mile long. But the first reply is hilarious -

Johnny__Motown (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-10-08 08:34 PM
Response to Original message
1. Pardon me for saying so. I don't mean to be negative, but...
 that was way to long to be effective sarcasm
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I would like to say that Nan is a fine writer of deep thought and intellect....
however I can not say that in good conscience.

So hate me.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Airwolf

The stupid dujur is on sale over at the DUmp.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
MY! She does think highly of herself doesn't she?

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
Where would she go if she did leave?  Whacked out moonbats aren't exactly in high demand these days.


Offline Airwolf

Where would she go if she did leave?  Whacked out moonbats aren't exactly in high demand these days.

Well she could run for the local school board or maybe get a job in either the food service or janitorial sector?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Nan, Just roll yourself a fatty and chill, mmmkay ? You think DU is bad now with the negatives ? - Once the Dem nominee is settled upon, and half of the island gets tombstoned, it will be much more entertaining.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator

Well she could run for the local school board or maybe get a job in either the food service or janitorial sector?
I was thinking she could donate her body to science.  It's about the only profession a libtard in her condition can do that would actually benefit mankind.


Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

I was thinking she could donate her body to science.  It's about the only profession a libtard in her condition can do that would actually benefit mankind.

The researchers would need hazard pay before they "investigated" her, from all of the toxin she's spewed over there.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.