Author Topic: Everybody Gets A Car.  (Read 993 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Everybody Gets A Car.
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
DU's idolatry of the liberal elite is beginning to fade.   :popcorn:  Those who thought their faux liberalism would spare them from infidels at the gate may want to rethink their safe room strategies.   :whistling: 

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210742900

guillaumeb (24,405 posts)

How Can World's Richest Man Jeff Bezos Give Back?
From the article:

How Can World's Richest Man Jeff Bezos Give Back? Staffers at the Washington Post Think Decent Wages and Benefits Would Be Good Start....

Amazon CEO, Washington Post owner, and world's richest man Jeff Bezos is notorious for raking in enormous profits on the back of his overstrained and dramatically undercompensated workforce—all the while doing everything he can to avoid paying taxes.

To read more:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/06/14/how-can-worlds-richest-man-jeff-bezos-give-back-staffers-washington-post-think?

Bezos is a 19th century planation owner masquerading as a 21st century citizen.

And who didn't see this coming?

kwassa (22,822 posts)
3. Bezos more resembles the robber barons of the late 1800s.

:runaway:  They have begun resorting to robber baron cartoons.   This is Series and Hugh!!

kwassa (22,822 posts)
6. Like the robber barons, he leverages the power that he has.

It will take another resurgence of unionization to combat the exploitation. I don't know if this is possible.

Some of the tech billionaires have consciences. Some have none,i.e. Bezos and Jobs. Usually libertarian.

I can't believe all the cities groveling to be the east coast headquarters for Amazon. They are willing to give away everything.

Someone sending out for Pizza?  This cuts against the grain!!

A HERETIC I AM (17,754 posts)
16. It should be noted that Bezos, like Zuckerburg, Gates, Buffet et al....

don't have their billions in stacks of hundred dollar bills sitting in a bank vault somewhere.

Their net worth is directly tied to and a reflection of the share price of the stock they own in the companies they founded.

I am not saying this to defend their positions, not by any means. Bezos is clearly a guy who believes he should not have to pay one red cent more than he has to for anything, from labor to taxes and on, but again, it isn't as if this guy is sitting on a mountain of gold coins like some modern day Scrooge McDuck.

The market, and at the end of the day, that is you and me, could bankrupt Bezos TOMORROW if everyone collectively decided they weren't going to do business with him any longer

And the bottom line? 

trof (51,083 posts)
26. EVERYBODY GETS A CAR...AND...

He pays off my mortgage.
:cheersmate: :lmao:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Everybody Gets A Car.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:54 PM »
:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotf::lmao::lmao:  @ trof's comment :lmao::rotf::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotf:

If it weren't up to its post count, pizza would have been served.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »
>Bezos is a 19th century planation owner masquerading as a 21st century citizen.

And you are a freeloading POS. 90mph is the speed I drive when filth like you jump in front of my car.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Bezos is a limousine liberal, a business owner/manager made lazy-liberal by high Silicon Valley profit margins that insulate him from the need to manage expenses carefully (which tends to incline business owner to be conservative).

The WashPost is in an industry whose marketplace has been rocked by New Media that don't have expenses like paper, ink, printing, and distribution. If newspapers aren't dying, slowly, outright, they definitely are having to reinvent themselves while slashing costs. And have reporters and other staff who refuse to recognize that and are trained by their unions to view owners as exploiters.

So Bezos is stuck between the Scylla of a shrinking money-losing business and the Charybdis of staff who see belt-tightening moves as exploitation. IOW, for Bezos the WashPost is lose-lose and the reporters and other union idiots are unwittingly killing their own jobs. And as a cherry on top, the reporters are alienating subscribers and potential subscribers with their partisan stupidity. :muahaha:  :tongue: Which suits me just fine. :tongue:  :muahaha:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
C'mon -- this many posts without:

???

Jeeze!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »
Amazon CEO, Washington Post owner, and world's richest man Jeff Bezos is notorious for raking in enormous profits on the back of his overstrained and dramatically undercompensated workforce—all the while doing everything he can to avoid paying taxes.
He is a limou :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:sine liberal, one of you guys own it!!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!