Author Topic: OMG! I think SNL punked Palin bigtime!  (Read 1684 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
OMG! I think SNL punked Palin bigtime!
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:44:57 AM »
The poor, deluded fools actually believe Sarah went on SNL without knowing she would be made light of, and was in fact mortified by it. :rotf:

Phoebe Loosinhouse  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-18-08 11:43 PM
Original message
OMG! I think SNL punked Palin bigtime! 

This will live in the annals of all time, mark my words. Tina Fey has the fake "no questions and don't write anything down" press conference while Palin has to actually watch it and comment with Lorne Michaels and Alec Baldwin.

HA! HA! HA!     

She got NOTHING from this appearance except looking like the nincompoop she is!

She "had to watch it"? Like she was caught unawares by the whole thing and trapped? :mental:

Heather MC  (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-19-08 12:36 AM
Response to Reply #22
33. did you notice
 the way she sucked on her bottom lip when they did the Bridge Line, I don't think that was in the rehearsal, Failin looked surprized

and they straight clowned her husband

Yeah. Right. It was all extemporaneous. She knew nothing of what was coming. :whatever:

Phoebe Loosinhouse  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-18-08 11:54 PM
Response to Reply #11
13. Well, believe me, Palin did herself no benefit by appearing. 
 They skewered her bigtime "to her face" as the saying goes.

illuminaughty (643 posts)      Sun Oct-19-08 12:32 AM
Response to Reply #11
30. I wasn't going to watch either
 But, it was like watching her being gagged and tied to a chair while they insulted her on every level. AMAZING. I don't think she had any idea what was coming.

Umm, okay, so she thought she was heading to a late-night taping of Meet The Press and took a wrong turn. Have they never seen a celebrity roast? My God how disconnected from reality are these morons? Nevermind, rhetorical question.

deminks  (1000+ posts)       Sat Oct-18-08 11:54 PM
Response to Original message
12. She did have to acknowledge that peeps call her "Caribou Barbie"
 That had to hurt.

Yeah, I'm sure she was just devastated. The dour, self-important DUmbasses can only laugh at others and are congenitally unable to laugh at themselves self-deprecatingly or appreciate that ability in others.

frogcycle (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-19-08 12:06 AM
Response to Reply #16
17. and because its a cameo, little or no rehearsal 
 she probably had not seen what fey was going to do...

they had her endure that, thengo say "live, from ny..." and I bet she beat feet right after that, snarling like an alley cat

Wrong again, dumbshit. She was in a skit later.

Tarc  (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-19-08 12:12 AM
Response to Original message
21. The Highlights of the FReeper "analysis"; she nailed it, the crowd went wild, etc...
 Their knuckle-dragging commentary primarily focuses on discussions about Palin's "good looks" and slagging on Fey's perceived "ugliness". It is hilarious that Caribou Barbie just got slagged to her face and had to roll with it, and their Neanderthal brains cannot even process it.

Those are some deeply delusional, retarded people over there.

The "FReeper analysis" was spot on. Again they demostrate that, because they are unable to laugh at themselves, they believe no one else is able to either. Talk about not being able to process something.

I think her being there and being part of the same tired, juvenile jokes that have been circulating the moonbat blogosphere (only with more maliciousness intended than humor on the net) put a fresh face on it. A "skewering of the skewering" if you will. It came across to me as surprisingly goodnatured and she took it goodnaturedly and the audience loved it and her. I also thought the rap song and Sarah rocking in her seat to it was cute.

Too bad, DUmmies. Big Fail for you.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4264529#4264758

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
Re: OMG! I think SNL punked Palin bigtime!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:51:29 AM »
DUmmies are just trying to convince themselves of what they so desperately want to believe. Mental masturbation, nothing less.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »
If SNL had done the same to the Obama it would be.... wait.... get ready.... RACIST!!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »
I haven`t seen it so don`t know if she did a good job or not.

The fact remains that she went to the show knowing it would be hostile to her,knowing that it was going to make fun of her,knowing that the people involved dislike-hate her.

It seems from what has been said that she had fun with it and didn`t let it influence her.

These are all things that are unknown to a DUmmy so all the more reason for them to hate her.
She has class and a sense of humor and doesn`t let political differences rule or ruin her life.

They cannot comprehend what decent humanity is so they are revolted by it.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »
Even if their interpretations are true, there is a huge differance between Palin and the DUmmies.  Where Palin will take it in stride, and show true class and character, we all know the DUmmies would be reduced to snivelling whiners about how cruel they where, had they been in her shoes.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Would be fun watching Obama go into the same kind of situation. 

What would also be fun would be the conversation between Tina Fey and Palin after the show was over.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
I've wondered for a couple of years now, what morons watch SNL.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
By all accounts it went pretty well for both Sarah and SNL.  I flipped through it (didn't see her) and saw an all-too-rare McCain campaign commercial, an extremely tough one about the economic crisis, which was a huge surprise. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 04:11:04 PM »
I've watched both segments on YouTube...she did great.  They did "punk" her, and she laughed right along with them.  Totally classy. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 04:36:21 PM »

I overheard a group of 20-somethings discussing how badly Sarah was going to get hammered on SNL that night.  I wish
I could have looked them up afterwards.  they were even predicting that the crowd would throw things.  they then went
on to say glowing and worshipful things about The BarackStar!  I asked them where they were registered.  they said they
weren't. :-)

Palin draws big ratings for 'Saturday Night Live'

NEW YORK (AP) — Sarah Palin was a big hit on "Saturday Night Live." NBC scored its highest ratings for the late-night show in 14 years, in an estimate based on the nation's biggest media markets. Nothing has done better since skater Nancy Kerrigan visited after her Olympics drama with Tonya Harding in 1994.

Palin played along as Tina Fey gave another impersonation of the Alaska governor.

Nielsen Media Research won't have a complete count of Saturday's audience until later in the week. It will likely be around 14 million people — and 17 million for the first half hour, when the opening skit happened.

Link

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »
Punked ? If that's what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, that's fine. What SNL did do was soften Palin's image by showing the world that she is actually capable of laughing at herself. though it was all scripted, planned, and nonthreatening,  she confronted Tina Fey head-on, which resulted in Fey 'running away' in the opening skit. It was funny, thats all.

Actually, the Palin bits were the only funny things on the show. SNL sucks ass nowadays.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 12:18:26 AM »
Punked ? If that's what you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, that's fine. What SNL did do was soften Palin's image by showing the world that she is actually capable of laughing at herself. though it was all scripted, planned, and nonthreatening,  she confronted Tina Fey head-on, which resulted in Fey 'running away' in the opening skit. It was funny, thats all.

Actually, the Palin bits were the only funny things on the show. SNL sucks ass nowadays.

From what I've heard, Palin did quite well on the show. It shows something when you can laugh at yourself. SNL though, hasn't really been funny in 20 plus years.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 01:02:51 AM »
Asked about her views on the last presidential debate, Fey said of Mr Obama: "His words are smooth when he's talking, he's like an angel whispering in your ear. He makes John McCain sound like a garbage truck unloading trash at a landfill."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4972525.ece

:jerkit:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 03:32:24 AM »
She did great & the bit with the moose was hilarious. The audience enjoyed it also which was a surprise. 

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »
I overheard a group of 20-somethings discussing how badly Sarah was going to get hammered on SNL that night.  I wish
I could have looked them up afterwards.  they were even predicting that the crowd would throw things.  they then went
on to say glowing and worshipful things about The BarackStar!  I asked them where they were registered.  they said they
weren't. :-)

Well thats a good thing. Let them whine and tell each other how great they are all day long. That just means yours and my vote will count for that much more.

At my work we have a small handful of very liberal types. They go on and on about it just automatically assuming everyone else agrees with them. They are so clueless that our company (were also employee owned) is 99.9% ultra conservative that it is funny. They talk about voting for the Obamessiah and are shocked when someone says no, they are not voting for him. Its like 'Wait...you dont really mean you are voting for McSame do you?'. Clueless. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
Well thats a good thing. Let them whine and tell each other how great they are all day long. That just means yours and my vote will count for that much more.

At my work we have a small handful of very liberal types. They go on and on about it just automatically assuming everyone else agrees with them. They are so clueless that our company (were also employee owned) is 99.9% ultra conservative that it is funny. They talk about voting for the Obamessiah and are shocked when someone says no, they are not voting for him. Its like 'Wait...you dont really mean you are voting for McSame do you?'. Clueless. 

Well, at my job, most could care less about the election, although there are a few Obamunists. I quizzed one of them the other day, ala Babba Booey when he went to the streets of Harlem a week ago to quiz black voters. Same deal there. Either it's just because he's black or well...to one, "he's hoooootttt!" :jerkit:

I wonder if me telling them Republicans vote on Tuesday and liberals vote on Wednesday will work. :lol: But I won't be at that job long (Thank God). Got a new one set up for next month with more pay and benefits.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »
I've watched both segments on YouTube...she did great.  They did "punk" her, and she laughed right along with them.  Totally classy

And that is what the DUmp can't stand.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.