Author Topic: Greenbriar - I need to check into going to a food pantry....  (Read 3817 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: Greenbriar - I need to check into going to a food pantry....
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »
WTF would she have done 100 years ago when the ONLY charity doled out was 1--through the church, 2--through neighbors who gave you a job so you could get off your dead lazy ass and WORK your way out of trouble?

There weren't many 'lazy asses' 100 years ago. They either were in fact 'DEAD lazy asses' or that they would be soon if they didn't do something to change their circumstance. Those were days when people got angry because they couldn't work because they knew what was at stake and work is what you did. There were consequences then to not working, albeit they were very harsh, not to mention many employers took full advantage of the harsh realities.

I'm too the point where I say, fine--we will have a role--30 million people can be on welfare--that's it...first come, first serve with limits(you use up your limit, then you've used up our sympathy for your situation too). Limits can be set like a bankruptcy--no further aid for 10 years or something. There are NO cost of living increases. If you want a cost of living increase, you go out and earn it yourself. IThere are no increases when you have another child. You can show your own compassion to your child and give it up for adoption if you are worried about how it will be taken care of--your money woes when another kid comes, much like those of the middle and upper middle class, are not the government or hte general public's concern...as frank says, you accept, adapt, and move on. In return for limiting the rolls, taxpayers will not see tax increases for social programs. It's a--"you've got a net, but not everyone can be on it and nobody will be on it indefinitely.

As for the bogus ssdi injuries...set up something short term instead. You get retrained if it is that bad of a physical injury and get back to work doing something else within 2 years--that's your limit. I'm sorry, but an injury is not license to have the taxpayers support you for the rest of your life. Be glad you still have your mental health and most of your physical capacity when there are severly retarded people who will never be able to do the things you can do in a day, let alone a lifetime.

That's it, rant off. I'm so sick of users in this world. I really am. And it's personal to me when I live with and see a person who truly as a BIOLOGICAL disability that will stay with him his entire life and tha the can't be 'retrained' out of. Yet, I have a feeling my son will still work most of his life because we are working hard to still teach him a work ethic on some level he can understand it. I'm tired of lazy asses who can then take their mob power as voters and vote themselves to be perpetual lazy asses and to extend the lazy ass ethic to everyone else.  :banghead: :censored:

Now, I'm going to figure 'costing out' so I can talk with some knowledge in a few hours with my partner in crime for my school project. :banghead: Not that 'costing out' matters in the Obamaworld since everything is free after all right..it doesn't 'cost' anybody anything.  :hammer: :whatever:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:02:51 PM by jtyangel »

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »
It may get interesting today...

Crickets! :-) She won't answer that! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Wed Oct-15-08 04:30 PM
Response to Original message
32. I want to do the Angel ministry but do not want to take food from someone else

I am still able to go to the store and buy pretty much what I want, but I like the discount price

would I be taking someone's share that really needs it?

OK, I'm seriously pissed! This is SO dishonest. I give to food banks often, the thought they would be used by someone like greenbriar as a "discount" store makes me question whether this is a good program to donate food to. It's not that big of a deal to buy an extra couple cans of tuna, chili, or mac and cheese when it's on sale.

I thought a food bank was for those seriously in need...I didn't think you could go "shopping" or place an "order". I thought you got whatever they put in the bag. She wants a discount she can shop at Costco or something. I just don't even have words...what a selfish, low-life, heartless, classless, disgusting, venal pustule on the ass of American this woman is. And she's a teacher. Gag me. Then again, maybe she can dine there with her Love Boat fantasy man.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
OK, I'm seriously pissed! This is SO dishonest. I give to food banks often, the thought they would be used by someone like greenbriar as a "discount" store makes me question whether this is a good program to donate food to. It's not that big of a deal to buy an extra couple cans of tuna, chili, or mac and cheese when it's on sale.

I thought a food bank was for those seriously in need...I didn't think you could go "shopping" or place an "order". I thought you got whatever they put in the bag. She wants a discount she can shop at Costco or something. I just don't even have words...what a selfish, low-life, heartless, classless, disgusting, venal pustule on the ass of American this woman is. And she's a teacher. Gag me. Then again, maybe she can dine there with her Love Boat fantasy man.

Cindie

I think she's referring to Angel Food Ministries.

I feel that it's still wrong since Angel Food manages to get food out there cheap by buying large lots and then using local churches and volunteers to get the food out to those who are purchasing it.

What's funny is this is a person who probably complained about how self checkout at the grocery store eliminated a paying job but is willing to use what is essentially a store staffed by volunteers.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »

Cindie

Pretty much describes all Dummies.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 12:46:41 PM »
I think she's referring to Angel Food Ministries.

I feel that it's still wrong since Angel Food manages to get food out there cheap by buying large lots and then using local churches and volunteers to get the food out to those who are purchasing it.

What's funny is this is a person who probably complained about how self checkout at the grocery store eliminated a paying job but is willing to use what is essentially a store staffed by volunteers.

yeah, it's a food co-op, not a free food bank....it's like bringing Sam's club to your neighborhood church for a day....but you have to order in advance...I think the church makes a few bucks and the families save money....