Author Topic: Miscellaneous Dog Pics  (Read 118287 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Miscellaneous Dog Pics
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
She's gorgeous, Eupher! Mattie had one blue eye when she was a puppy but it turned to brown as she grew up.  Looks like Maya is a Tri-color Aussie.  Mattie was a Blue Merle

She's definitely got the copper and the white and black, which actually lightens up in the summer. We have combed unbelievable amounts of hair out of that dog, and the black (largely gone now, in comparison to this photo) tends to disappear with the combing. She also has a bluish tinge, but I don't know if you can call that blue merle or not.

She's a very striking dog and she's incredibly affectionate. That dog ain't happy unless she's right next to someone and she usually follows me all over the house, camping out wherever I am.

Maya should be getting close to six years old now.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 03:33:43 PM »
She's definitely got the copper and the white and black, which actually lightens up in the summer. We have combed unbelievable amounts of hair out of that dog, and the black (largely gone now, in comparison to this photo) tends to disappear with the combing. She also has a bluish tinge, but I don't know if you can call that blue merle or not.

She's a very striking dog and she's incredibly affectionate. That dog ain't happy unless she's right next to someone and she usually follows me all over the house, camping out wherever I am.

Maya should be getting close to six years old now.

Mattie would follow me everywhere as well, unless Mike or Jack were eating something! As I'm usually a floor-sitter, she'd be in my lap mostly. And she had to have a job, which usually meant trying to herd the cat!
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
Mattie would follow me everywhere as well, unless Mike or Jack were eating something! As I'm usually a floor-sitter, she'd be in my lap mostly. And she had to have a job, which usually meant trying to herd the cat!

Maya got into trouble with our alpha female, Lexie, when she momentarily forgot and decided to chow down a little into Lexie bowl. Big fight, blood everywhere. $500 in vet bills on that one, between both dogs.  :whatever:

Maya's job is chasing all the pond critters away from the fence. She can't get to the pond because of the fence, but she'll run up and down the length of the fence to keep the bad guys out.

Here's Mrs E when we picked up Belle, our golden, at age 9 weeks. Belle is 5 now.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
Maya got into trouble with our alpha female, Lexie, when she momentarily forgot and decided to chow down a little into Lexie bowl. Big fight, blood everywhere. $500 in vet bills on that one, between both dogs.  :whatever:

Maya's job is chasing all the pond critters away from the fence. She can't get to the pond because of the fence, but she'll run up and down the length of the fence to keep the bad guys out.

Here's Mrs E when we picked up Belle, our golden, at age 9 weeks. Belle is 5 now.

What an adorable puppy!!!!

Mattie got into a little trouble when we were dogsitting my brother's female alpha German Shepherd, Thistle. She got a little too close to Thistle's dinner bowl . . . ONCE!  Took one very loud growl and a couple of barks and Mattie wouldn't even walk near it again! I'm glad Thistle restrained herself -- she was probably 90 lbs (BIG female) and Mattie was never more than 45 lbs.  :panic:  Otherwise, they got along fine although Thistle kept swiping Mattie's toys and Mattie didn't have the nerve to go claim them again unless Thistle left the room; then that was the first thing she'd do!  :lmao:
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
Here's Lexie in a lazy moment:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »
...We have combed unbelievable amounts of hair out of that dog, and the black (largely gone now, in comparison to this photo) tends to disappear with the combing...

It's pretty much par for the course with Aussies, in my experience.  We have a 4-year old "lethal white", and every time we groom him, we joke with him that we could "knit a whole new dog" from all the hair we comb out of his coat.

Maya sure is a purty girl.  :wink:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 07:21:24 AM »
If we let Mattie's fur grow all the way out, she'd look like this:

She had much more black fur than the gray "merle".  She had a large patch of white fur on her chest in the shape of a heart and white paws.  She had the standard Aussie pink with black splotches skin inside her mouth and her paw pads were pink and black. I always thought it was interesting that if an individual paw pad was pink, she had a white nail on it and if it was black, she had a black nail. She was born with the Aussie short tail -- it wasn't cut
Piney Power!!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
If we let Mattie's fur grow all the way out, she'd look like this:

She had much more black fur than the gray "merle".  She had a large patch of white fur on her chest in the shape of a heart and white paws.  She had the standard Aussie pink with black splotches skin inside her mouth and her paw pads were pink and black. I always thought it was interesting that if an individual paw pad was pink, she had a white nail on it and if it was black, she had a black nail. She was born with the Aussie short tail -- it wasn't cut

The coloring variations are interesting. Maya has an enormous white bib that extends all the way down her chest to the undercoat. The bib extends across her shoulders, but on one side only. Most of the fur on her legs is white and she also has the black splotches inside her mouth and paws -- all of her nails are white. And if I were to guess, I'd also say she has the Aussie short tail, but I have no way of knowing if it had been cut. There certainly isn't any kind of stump, though her butt wiggles big time when she's excited as if she did have a tail.

I'm still trying to figure out what coloring she has besides the white, the copper, and the black. It looks sort of a cross between a gray and a tan, with splotches of black (the black comes out more in the winter). It's definitely not bluish like in this pic.

Another thing that Maya does when she's excited is to pant -- not because of temperature or exercising. Did Mattie do that as well?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
The coloring variations are interesting. Maya has an enormous white bib that extends all the way down her chest to the undercoat. The bib extends across her shoulders, but on one side only. Most of the fur on her legs is white and she also has the black splotches inside her mouth and paws -- all of her nails are white. And if I were to guess, I'd also say she has the Aussie short tail, but I have no way of knowing if it had been cut. There certainly isn't any kind of stump, though her butt wiggles big time when she's excited as if she did have a tail.

I'm still trying to figure out what coloring she has besides the white, the copper, and the black. It looks sort of a cross between a gray and a tan, with splotches of black (the black comes out more in the winter). It's definitely not bluish like in this pic.

Another thing that Maya does when she's excited is to pant -- not because of temperature or exercising. Did Mattie do that as well?

Yes, she would pant when excited/happy! And whenever I came home, I couldn't speak for several minutes because as soon as I'd open my mouth, she'd howl, she was so happy.  I had to let her calm down for a couple of minutes before I said anything to anybody  :-).  She was born on a horse farm nearby (half a mile) and they said none of the puppies' tails were bobbed.
Piney Power!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

Chase her.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18:33 AM »
Thank you to whoever rescued Angel and restored her to good health!  :yahoo:

Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
^How anyone could do that to their dog.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
^How anyone could do that to their dog.

They need to do hard time and to be treated the same way.

Offline Flufferlie

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
My very much loved Logan.
Sable colored Shetland sheepdog.  He is 1 year old in this picture.
His ears were actually floppy, but he was barking at the camera so
his ears would flip up when he would bark.
He passed November 30th 2011. (9 years old- cardiac arrest)
  "It has been said that politics is the
second oldest profession. I have learned that it
bears a striking resemblance to the first."

------------------------------------------

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not
that they are ignorant, but that they know
so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

Offline CG6468

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »

Hope Sarasota Republican sees this post!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
I can't post pictures of my beagle, because my mole posted pictures of her often at the DUmp.  That's how one could pile up posts in the DU Lounge years ago.  Will be happy to share via PM, and those of you that I'm facebook friends with can see a picture there.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline CG6468

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »

Offline CG6468

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »

Offline CG6468

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2013, 07:07:22 AM »

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2013, 07:08:03 AM »

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

Chase her.