Author Topic: 2011 running reminder for top primitives  (Read 4302 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2011 running reminder for top primitives
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:42:44 AM »
A long-time and greatly-esteemed member of conservativecave wrote me, reminding me that the top primitives of any given year tend to be those primitives who made their biggest splashes, their most impressive appearances, in autumn, just before nominations are started for the top primitives of that year.....meaning that other primitives who shone just as brightly earlier in the same year, are overlooked, or discounted.

The "bobbolink" primitive, for example, probably would've ranked higher in the top primitives of 2010, if she had only waited until autumn 2010 to get the Bostonian Drunkard (temporarily) banned from Skins's island, instead of doing the deed in spring 2010, meaning that by the time nominations and voting had started, what had been a 300,000 megaton explosion had faded, in the memories of those nominating and voting, into a mere 20,000 kiloton explosion.

It's human; one remembers more clearly recent events and personages better than one remembers long-ago ones.

It's inevitable that the nadinostradamus primitive, who has kept decent and civilized people rolling on the floor laughing their posteriors off these past few months, late winter 2011, must fade as the year wends on, and it's a strong possibility that by the time nominations and voting are done at the end of the year, few will have recalled her.  Surely she will have deserved something within the top five primitives of 2011, but she might not get it, being passe and nearly forgotten by late November this year.

And so the purpose of this "stickied" thread, as proposed by one of our most-beloved members--to be a parking lot where one mentions and describes any particular primitive who's been outstanding, but who also might have diminished in the memory by Thanksgiving 2011.....and then just before nominations get underway, one consults it, to check it for notable but old and stale primitives of the year, whom one might have forgotten.

There are no "rules" for this thread, other than the name of the primitive and, ideally, at least half a paragraph of description of why the particular primitive needs to be remembered come late November.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: 2011 running reminder for top primitives
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:40:43 AM »
Reminder to self: the Horse with no Name primitive, who's been a runner-up, or even in the top ten, a couple of times the past six years, but who never really got the recognition she deserved.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:08:30 AM »
Note to self, because the end of November's still a long time away, and it'll be forgotten long before nominations are considered for top primitives: the sister-in-law.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »
I am going to have to second the vote for the Nadin primitive as well. She has been going pretty strong in the last month or so.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
I am going to have to second the vote for the Nadin primitive as well. She has been going pretty strong in the last month or so.

Same here. Nadin looks to be the winner.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
frank, I can't believe anyone but Nadin would finish 1st this year, although Stinky is trying his best.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
frank, I can't believe anyone but Nadin would finish 1st this year, although Stinky is trying his best.

Stinky is going for quantity not quality. DUmmie nadin is way ahead of him on quality of stooooopid.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 02:58:52 PM »
Stinky is going for quantity not quality. DUmmie nadin is way ahead of him on quality of stooooopid.

It would seem that the DOTY will be quantity v. quality, then.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
It would seem that the DOTY will be quantity v. quality, then.

All the DUmmies seem to go for it their own "special" way. :shortbus:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »
There is no way Nadin is losing it this year, and I am afraid that the other misfits know this and won't even try anymore.

She really is ruining this for me this year.   :bawl:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
And so far, it looks like a consensus. We seem to be of one mind, because I too wish to let it be known: Nadabrain has my vote for Top Primitive of 2011!

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
Reminder to self: Nominate "Fire Walk With Me" for the Top 10 list.

He's been climbing the ladder steadly, IMHO.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!