Author Topic: Taverner: Intercourse the Corporation!  (Read 1227 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Taverner: Intercourse the Corporation!
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
Taverner  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-14-10 07:41 PM
Original message
**** you Corporate America

**** you for laying me off to get a quick stock fix

**** you for not hiring me, instead stringing me along until you get your golden boy to sign

**** you for using your cash to hire politicans who try to **** me over even worse

**** you for having the gall to say I'm lazy when I spend EVERY ****ING DAY trying to get a job

**** you for raising prices at a time when no one can afford shit at the prices they already are

**** you for keeping MY Unemployment Insurance from me when I need it the most

I hope you ****ing rot, Corporate America and ever other CorpoRAT out there

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9464030

Hm-m-m-m-m...

Methinks somebody got fired for cause because they cannot withhold UI if you get laid-off.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Taverner: Intercourse the Corporation!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
Let's parse this, shall we?

Taverner  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-14-10 07:41 PM
Original message

Standard DUmor fare.  Nothing remarkable here.

**** you for laying me off to get a quick stock fix

If laying off this DUmor made the company stock price edge higher, this DUmor must not have been a good employee, were they?

**** you for not hiring me, instead stringing me along until you get your golden boy to sign

The "golden boy" was probably a known quantity.  You, OTOH, . . . maybe you were, too, . . . but in a bad way.

**** you for using your cash to hire politicans who try to **** me over even worse

The rub is, the "politicians who try to ****" you over were probably Democrats. :tongue:

**** you for having the gall to say I'm lazy when I spend EVERY ****ING DAY trying to get a job

Your past caught up with ya, eh?

**** you for raising prices at a time when no one can afford shit at the prices they already are

Someone obviously can, DUmor.

So you can sit on your ****ing ass for 99 weeks?  Go **** yourself.

EOM
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »
Hey Dummy. How's that Hope & Change thingy workin' out fer ya?

Under Bush, unemployment was about 5%. In less than 2 years of Dinglebarry and 4 years of a democRAT congress they have more than doubled that figure and almost quadrupeled the deficit.  :tongue: :rotf:

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:52:22 PM »

Someone enlighten me. Did unemployment funding get cut off? I thought there were extensions after extensions.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »
Someone enlighten me. Did unemployment funding get cut off? I thought there were extensions after extensions.
More like he was fired.

But if you get fired for no-fault reasons you can still collect.

If you get caught dipping your hand in the till or something equally unethical then, yes, you can be denied.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
More like he was fired.

But if you get fired for no-fault reasons you can still collect.

If you get caught dipping your hand in the till or something equally unethical then, yes, you can be denied.

I realize that. The DUmmy in the OP makes it sound like the Government stopped paying benefits. It has more extensions than a midget in a stag flick.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »
HA HA!! All I had to read was this nonsense;

NO,.... Go **** yourself you DUmmie!! :loser: :bird:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »
Funny, it's usually the state that makes the decision to award unemployment benefits, not the previous employer.  Someone ****ed up at work.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
Quote from:
Taverner

You mean you weren't the golden boy?  Wow, hard to imagine them passing up an articulate, mild-mannered gem like you. 

:loser:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 04:21:44 AM »
Funny, it's usually the state that makes the decision to award unemployment benefits, not the previous employer.  Someone ****ed up at work.

The employer can fight the filing and cause a delay while the overworked state employees  investigate.

I have a low rent, lazy, useless stepson-in-law who finds employment to be beneath him despite having a wife and 3 children. He'd rather play around with his buddies and hunt, fish and pick up the rare dollar or 2 doing odd jobs anywhere but home.

Year before last, after years of bitching his wife got him to get a real job. He worked for a hair over a year at it and then got fired for being, well, himself. He did his buddy hang for a few months and then someone told her he could file for unemployment. This fired her all up so she got on his ass and he did. The employer disputed and the state denied. He appealed at wife's insistance and it stopped there.

Out of the blue, back in June the state decided they'd goofed and paid him for the weeks from initial filing and final State decision. Manna fell from heaven in their ****ed up  lil world. Now the appeal has been appealed due to the fact it just stopped with no decision made and it's looking like they may pay out for the entire first part of this year. He's talking all puffed up billy badass because he thinks he's somebody now and she's just thrilled to see some light for a change. She of course won't listen to any advise to take some money and divorce his lazy ass because well, she's to lazy to get a job herself.  ::)

Offline djones520

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 05:41:28 AM »
Maybe Taverner can start sticking it to the Corporations by throwing away his corporate built computer.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 05:50:12 AM »
Maybe Taverner can start sticking it to the Corporations by throwing away his corporate built computer.   :whatever:

Yeah...wonder how all the things they claim are "rights" (food,housing,medical care,broadband) are supposed to be provided and delivered without corporations?

Of course they just think it should be the government and the thought process stops at that point.

Offline djones520

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 05:52:40 AM »
Yeah...wonder how all the things they claim are "rights" (food,housing,medical care,broadband) are supposed to be provided and delivered without corporations?

Of course they just think it should be the government and the thought process stops at that point.

Maybe we should just go back to the pre-industrialized days when this was all done in mom and pop shops.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Tucker

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 06:06:48 AM »
stepson-in-law

OT: I'm trying to envision this relationship link. Did your second wife's biological son marry your daughter?

Sorry to pry. You can tell me to STFU.

Offline djones520

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 06:13:05 AM »
OT: I'm trying to envision this relationship link. Did your second wife's biological son marry your daughter?

Sorry to pry. You can tell me to STFU.

I would guess it would be a second wifes daughters (from a previous marriage) husband.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:07:30 AM »
My wifes daughters deadbeat husband. Me being the step daddy.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 08:02:40 AM »
You know shit heads like Taverner will tell you that anything corporations can do government can do just as well if not better.

All you have to do is take all that money the rich would use to invest and tax it away from them and give it to the government which would--with Manhattan Project-like alacrity and efficiency--conjure whatever we dream of.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 08:11:26 AM »
Someone needs to sit these liberals down, engrave a very simple concept on a sledgehammer, and beat them over their heads with this:

Corporations react to the rules and regulations which are placed upon them.  If government places more taxes, rules, and regulations on a business, they will adjust their business to do what they need to do in order to survive.

So called "corporate tyranny" is merely reflected government tyranny.  "Corporate greed" is an extension of government's greed.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline true_blood

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
You mean you weren't the golden boy?  Wow, hard to imagine them passing up an articulate, mild-mannered gem like you. 

:loser:

HA HA!! :hi5: :cheersmate:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 01:16:16 PM »
Here ya go DUmmie!

I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Tucker

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »
My wifes daughters deadbeat husband. Me being the step daddy.

Ah, thanks.

Offline Karin

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
I remember when he was fired.  It was for cause.  Therefore, the UI would probably be denied, depending on state.  After getting fired, he immediately went on a big bender, committing PUI in the process. 

Now he's in a vicious cycle.  He loathes the faceless corporation, yet needs a job.  His hatred will shine on through during any interview, and hiring managers wouldn't want to touch him with a ten-foot pole. 

Randy, sorry about your DUmmy relative.  I have a relative in-law who was like that, too.  But recently, he hit a little success in life, and found he liked it.  He appears to be maybe turning around.