Author Topic: Columbus Day Dummy Style  (Read 1782 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Columbus Day Dummy Style
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:40:40 PM »
Loaded up with white guilt, first we bash Columbus, then in November we kick a little Pilgrim ass.  Dummies are so predictable.

Orwellian_Ghost  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-12-09 10:44 AM
Original message
WANTED: CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS: GRAND THEFT, GENOCIDE, RACISM

"One who has gold," observed Christopher Columbus in his travel log, "does as he wills in the world, and it even sends souls to Paradise."

Columbus, The Indians, and Human Progress

by Howard Zinn

The treatment of heroes (Columbus) and their victims (the Arawaks)-the quiet acceptance of conquest and murder in the name of progress-is only one aspect of a certain approach to history, in which the past is told from the point of view of governments, conquerors, diplomats, leaders. It is as if they, like Columbus, deserve universal acceptance, as if they-the Founding Fathers, Jackson, Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt, Kennedy, the leading members of Congress, the famous Justices of the Supreme Court-represent the nation as a whole. The pretense is that there really is such a thing as "the United States," subject to occasional conflicts and quarrels, but fundamentally a community of people with common interests. It is as if there really is a "national interest" represented in the Constitution, in territorial expansion, in the laws passed by Congress, the decisions of the courts, the development of capitalism, the culture of education and the mass media.
{snip}

This is just one of the many bash Columbus threads available at the dump today.  Poor dummies, so much guilt. :fuelfire:

Buzz Clik  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-12-09 11:05 AM
Response to Original message
1. Oh, yeah. Columbus Day. Always a fun holiday at DU.

Well, at least there are some honest whores at this bitch fest.

Thickasabrick  (1000+ posts)      Mon Oct-12-09 03:49 PM
Response to Original message
37. Columbus sucked. We should switch him for somebody worthy - I don't
 want to give up the day

:thatsright:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Columbus Day Dummy Style
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »
Your self inflicted misery gives me great pleasure DUmmies. :cheersmate:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
It's not exactly like the native Americans were peaceful and weren't trying to commit genocide against the other tribes now is it? 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
Buzz Clik nailed it.  They do this every year at the DUmp.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:33:10 PM »
The only holidays that don't outrage democrats are MLK and Labor Day.

It would not be surprising if they push to make the commie May 1 a holiday.

And Ramadan, the only holiday period in the world that celebrates a motel chain.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »
Buzz Clik nailed it.  They do this every year at the DUmp.

Their Columbus Day threads write themselves.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 03:21:49 AM »
It's not exactly like the native Americans were peaceful and weren't trying to commit genocide against the other tribes now is it?

Mari Sandoz, the greatest author to come out of Nebraska, was known to be a remarkable scholar of the Native Americans.

Mari Sandoz was sympathetic to their plight.

But at the same time, Mari Sandoz pointed out that Native Americans were notoriously cruel, sadistic, homocidal, genocidal, towards both their own, and other Native Americans.  It's not a pretty story.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:25:15 AM »
[ notoriously cruel, sadistic, homocidal, genocidal, towards both their own,/quote]Frank not to be argumentative but couldn't you pretty much say that about "man" period at different times throughout history? The same adjectives you used above could also be used to describe The British Empire at one time and European Americans during Slavery and The Indian Wars. I don't necessarily agree that it's just an Indian thing but a human thing! Sorry if i may have a red ass about this topic as I myself am part Native.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
[ notoriously cruel, sadistic, homocidal, genocidal, towards both their own,/quote]Frank not to be argumentative but couldn't you pretty much say that about "man" period at different times throughout history? The same adjectives you used above could also be used to describe The British Empire at one time and European Americans during Slavery and The Indian Wars. I don't necessarily agree that it's just an Indian thing but a human thing! Sorry if i may have a red ass about this topic as I myself am part Native.

I think the main point that Frank was making and that I also had implied, was that this continent was no Garden of Eden before the Europeans landed.  The indian tribes were no less violent towards one another than other nations were.  Many of the "anti-Columbus" types try to pretend that there was some sort of Utopian lifestyle being practiced in the New World until the White Devils showed up.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:06:49 AM »
Looks like the poster one of my high school classmates and FB friends put up.  Amazing--here was a guy who spent two years in Tibet with the Peace Corps, probably saw as much crap as I did vis-a-vis the evils of Communism, yet he's as dyed-in-the-wool leftist as you'll find.  I'm still wrapping my head around that one.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
author=thundley4 link=topic=35035.msg370791#msg370791 date=1255437100]
I think the main point that Frank was making and that I also had implied, was that this continent was no Garden of Eden before the Europeans landed.  The indian tribes were no less violent towards one another than other nations were.  Many of the "anti-Columbus" types try to pretend that there was some sort of Utopian lifestyle being practiced in the New World until the White Devils showed up.

Yes, that is what I meant, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »
LOLZ! The DUmmies are really DUmb. Here's a kids report on good old Chris:

Columbus actually landed on a small island in the Bahamas which Columbus named San Salvador.
Columbus thought he had landed on the Spice Islands near India. This is why he named the people he met Indians.

Columbus died in 1506 still believing that he had found a new route to the East Indies.

http://www.kidport.com/REFLIB/UsaHistory/Columbus/Columbus.htm
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
Their Columbus Day threads write themselves.

Haven't seen that in quite a while, thanks for the chuckle, Chris. :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
Mari Sandoz, the greatest author to come out of Nebraska, was known to be a remarkable scholar of the Native Americans.

The Jets' quarterback?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »
Papa Bunny was 1/2 Carib indian...from which the Carribean Islands draw their name.

They were cannibals.

I wonder if the DUmmies endorse cannibalism and lament its being extinguished in the islands by Christians who found such practices abhorrent?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
Well, Columbus just landed in America. He did not kill anyone.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 01:53:10 AM »
Papa Bunny was 1/2 Carib indian...from which the Carribean Islands draw their name.

They were cannibals.

I wonder if the DUmmies endorse cannibalism and lament its being extinguished in the islands by Christians who found such practices abhorrent?

Of course they would.  It was the Christians forcing their religious views and values on the poor Indians.... :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

They were cannibals.

Well, here in the 21st century the DUmmies worship Kong. How primitive is that?