Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Prescription Bouncies  (Read 1388 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Prescription Bouncies
« on: September 20, 2009, 01:24:29 AM »
Faygo Kid  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 07:42 PM
Original message
So my significant other went to buy her prescriptions today, without health insurance. 3 = $900.
One for cholesterol, two for blood pressure. One was even generic. They told her at CVS it would be $900. She just lost her job, and is 58. You want to see the nightmare that the health insurance industry, PhRMA, Glenn Beck, Faux News and most of all the Rethuglicans would foist on us? Try buying prescriptions without health insurance. Nine hundred freaking dollars for three one-month prescriptions.

These are their dreams, and goals: Mandatory insurance for all, no teeth in any enforcement about pre-existing conditions, 5-1 age rating, endless patent hoarding for the drug industry, no laws to rein them in, and EVERY law to rein in us citizens to pay them the largest transfer of wealth in history.

Thank you, Sen. Baucus, for making their dreams come true. Meanwhile, what is she to do? What every American does in this era. Go without.

Wish we had an FDR now. I love Obama, but he's Casper Milquetoast, and I for one am sick of it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6588614
Now, I think in DUmmyspeak, the term "significant other" indicates a heterosexual shackup,
as opposed to the more common term "partner", which indicates a pair of queers.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 07:46 PM
1. What will she do? There are programs that some drug companies have, assistance programs.
I don't know much about them, but I see them advertised on TV. Maybe she can get her meds
through them?
Actually, the arrogant and obnoxious DUmmy TLB, who was discovered by coach to have spent
her college years shacked up with Salmon P. Chase, does not know much about anything these days.

Louisiana1976  (347 posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 07:52 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. I get my prescriptions through assistance programs.

A model DUmmy. I wonder if he has a public assistance program to pay for his high-speed
internet service.

The arrogant and obnoxious DUmmy TLB, who was gifted with her very first venereal disease
by Generalissimo Pancho Villa himself, still justifiably claims ignorance:
Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 07:55 PM
7. Can you post here what they are, or PM the OP and tell him about them?
I'm so glad you are able to avail yourself of those programs. Was it very complicated to enroll?
How do they work?I'm sorry for pestering you with questions, but I know nothing about them.
And, thank you.

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 07:57 PM
11. And eyeglasses too.. We have insurance and were complaining
when our co-pay went from $15 to $40 + some extras for bifocals etc..
The cost ended up being about $150 out of pocket for two pairs (hubby and myself)

While we were picking ours up a guy ahead of us was counting out $5's & $1s and
still came up short.. had to leave for home to see if he could scrounge up more money.,. his
glasses cost him over $400..

The lady at the counter said he had been in 3 times already, and was still about $80 short.

This was a working class guy with dirty fingernails and rough-outdoor skin, but he needs to see too 

I may be wrong, but I think this may be the very first vision bouncy tale. A rare genre indeed.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 08:01 PM
15. The stories get harder and harder to hear,
the situations get worse and worse.
I just grieve. This is wrong.
Medicare for everyone, all problems solved.
We're doomed. Our country is, I fear, already gone.

If this is the opinion of the arrogant and obnoxious DUmmy TLB, who was once responsible
for Averell Harriman suffering a nasty infestation of crab lice, it gives me much more optimism
for the future. She is, after all, admittedly ignorant of nearly everything.

DUmmy Hepburn checks in with a secondary bouncy, this one of the far more common variety,
the "uninsured dead DUmmy" genre:
Hepburn  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 07:54 PM
6. This summer, a friend of mine died because of lack of health insurance. She was about the same
age as your SO ~~ she would have been 60 this coming February. She had high blood pressure and
could no longer afford the RX for the problem. So, she went without. She stroked out and was put
on life support which was later removed by her family. She was brain dead. She had been in real
estate and when the market collapsed, she could no longer afford her insurance and could not pay
for her RX out of pocket.

What I discussed with a mutal friend of mine was that if there had been some govt option
available to her, the cost of the RX and monitoring most certainly would have been far, far less
than the cost of a week in the ICU on life support while they located family for her to give consent
to remove life support. She had never married and had no children. Both of her parents and her
one sibling, a brother, had predeceased her. So, they had to hunt down a niece and nephew and
get court approval, etc.

But for what everyone deserves ~~ simply their rights as a person ~~ medical care and necessary
RXs, this lovely lady would be alive today. What a horrible result and a tragedy that could of
and should have been avoided.

So, you ****ing RW teabaggers ~~ not only did she die for a totally horrible, unecessary reason,
but the government has to pick up all the costs that you were trying to avoid by not seeing that
everyone in this country has access to healthcare.

Mad and sad here...and totally wish the earth would open up and swallow the anti-healthcare
assholes.

Sorry about your SO and I hope there is some solution. I know what a tragedy this can bring about.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 07:57 PM
10. This is America, right?
Your friend died because she couldn't get her vital medication. In America today.
I am so sorry. That's a nightmare, but I know it's happening every day now, worse than ever.

I just started crying. Your loss touched me. No one should have that happen to them. Not in
our country. It's just so wrong.
The arrogant and obnoxious DUmmy TLB, who was engaged in a menage a trois with Fatty
Arbuckle on that fateful September night that ruined his career, is apparently drunk this evening.

izquierdista (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 08:08 PM
17. What to do 
1) Go to Google Maps http://maps.google.com /
2) Enter the word 'farmacia' and the closest border town in Mexico.
3) Go there and buy your prescription at a reasonable price.

You could do that. Of course, the DUmmy lives in DC, so getting to Mexico would require stowing
away in a Greyhound luggage compartment. And that dirt cheap Mexican medicine may be for
lowering blood pressure, or it may be for helping goats expel tapeworms. You won't know for
sure until you try it. Worst case, you'll be a worm-free DUmmy.

Fire1  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 08:09 PM
18. The poor stand a snow balls chance in hell, in this country.

Yes, in other countries people like this worthless DUmmy live like kings.

Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 11:17 PM
54. How about the new Iraqi constitution?
Guarantees health coverage to all, single payer.
We're living in America, we're occupying Iraq, and they're getting better treatment than we are?
Is there hope for us? I don't think so. We have to keep trying, but how the hell do you swim
upstream against something like this bit of news?

The arrogant, obnoxious, and currently intoxicated DUmmy TLB, who is suspected by many of being
the legendary lady in red, who betrayed John Dillinger on that fateful night at the Biograph theater, 
should relocate to Iraq.

DUmmy Ghost in the Machine finally gets to the main point:
Ghost in the Machine  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-19-09 10:20 PM
49. I quit taking blood pressure meds 4 years ago.. when I started smoking one joint per day...
$40 worth lasts me 2 weeks.. another added effect was that I got to quit taking anti anxiety
drugs (xanax) too...
DUmmies won't be happy until we get full blown O-care, with the taxpayers financing their
stashes of O-weed.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Re: DUmmies Discuss Prescription Bouncies
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »
I call BS on this whole steaming thread....

In the first place, Walmart and others offer $4/month generic prescriptions....

Medicare DOES NOT pay for eyeglasses....

More DUmmies need to stop taking their meds, maybe a few more will stroke out and free up the space they are wasting for productive Americans....

My MIL is disabled, and she takes about $2000/month in prescription drugs.  She gets Medicare and Medicaid, her drugs costs her $0.

I also have no doubt DUmmie Faygo's wife/whatever could be taking 2 prescriptions for HBP.  If you were living with a worthless POS, wouldn't you?
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »
I call BS on this whole steaming thread....

Agreed diesel.

Propaganda.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »
Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure, so what can we reasonably tease out of that?  This woman is large, maybe not obese but large.  Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure will react to diet and excercise.  If she just lost her job, that means she has time in the day to go for a long walk.  She could also eat fruit and vegetable salads, on the cheap.  She chooses to take the meds.

That is, of course, if any utterance of the DUmmies is to be believed.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:27:34 AM »
We're doomed. Our country is, I fear, already gone.

This is the problem with DUmmies.  They mistakenly believe that if you give all control to the government it will automatically be "ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED."

:banghead:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:58 AM »
Hepburn  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 07:54 PM
6. This summer, a friend of mine died because of lack of health insurance. She was about the same
age as your SO ~~ she would have been 60 this coming February. She had high blood pressure and
could no longer afford the RX for the problem. So, she went without. She stroked out and was put
on life support which was later removed by her family. She was brain dead. She had been in real
estate and when the market collapsed, she could no longer afford her insurance and could not pay
for her RX out of pocket.

So the dems killed her?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:45:57 AM »
So the dems killed her?

Yep, Bwarney Frank and Chris Dodd killed her....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:18:07 AM »
Well, I know the cholesterol med I take is something like 86 bucks without a prescription, so she might not be too far off the mark there, and there is no generic equivelent.  But there are other meds that are cheaper, that might work, and Drs always work with patients to help them get the meds they need.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »
All these sob stories with not a word about DUmmies pitching in to help out. 

Of course, it's all lies, but just to make them more interesting and rec worthy lies they should at least attempt to include progressive values such as helping out dying 'friends' and 'relatives'.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 11:37:08 AM »
Oh, I've got my own prescription bouncy.  Well, not so much of a bouncy since it is true, but it is almost DUmmy worthy  :-)

Earlier this week my doctor prescribed me two rounds of antibiotics because my swine flu turned into pneumonia (I still don't have the lung capacity to sing, it is starting to bug me).  I went to CVS to get the prescription filled, and the pharmacist told me that my insurance declined paying for both rounds of antibiotics at once, so I get to go back today to get the second filled.  However, it is still just $10 per prescription  :tongue:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
Well, I know the cholesterol med I take is something like 86 bucks without a prescription, so she might not be too far off the mark there, and there is no generic equivelent.  But there are other meds that are cheaper, that might work, and Drs always work with patients to help them get the meds they need.

Hell, try Lipitor.  I'm lucky I only pay $50 every 90 days.  If I paid full price it would be almost $250.  At least the other stuff I take is generic and quite inexpensive.  But the doctor just prescribed for me the "generic" Lamisil (just went generic last year).  My cost?  $78.  Total cost?  $400, for three months.  Thankfully that's all I'm going to get.

And lack of health care?  Try again.  My PCP does a lot of work with lower-income folks here, and doesn't charge if they can't pay.  One of the reasons I stay with him--guy walks the walk.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
Oh, I've got my own prescription bouncy.  Well, not so much of a bouncy since it is true, but it is almost DUmmy worthy  :-)

Earlier this week my doctor prescribed me two rounds of antibiotics because my swine flu turned into pneumonia (I still don't have the lung capacity to sing, it is starting to bug me).  I went to CVS to get the prescription filled, and the pharmacist told me that my insurance declined paying for both rounds of antibiotics at once, so I get to go back today to get the second filled.  However, it is still just $10 per prescription  :tongue:

You got the double whammy!  Hope you're doing well and on the mend.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 11:45:13 AM »
Exactly.  When my doctor starts talking meds, the first thing I always did was remind him/her that I either had no coverage for prescriptions, or what my insurance would cover.  In fact, when Mr Smith would "forget to mention our coverage," I've gone to pharmacies, heard the price, declined the meds, and called the office again to see if it could be changed.  In every case, the doctor has been able to prescribe a different medication to cover the condition.  It may not be one of the fancy new meds, but it has always worked.

One the other hand, if there were no way around buying a specific drug, along with most sane people, I've always considered the life worth more than my possessions.  So we eat beans and rice for a few months, sell a car, whatever it takes...you don't let someone die because you're too fond of your STUFF to come up with the money.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »
Exactly.  When my doctor starts talking meds, the first thing I always did was remind him/her that I either had no coverage for prescriptions, or what my insurance would cover.  In fact, when Mr Smith would "forget to mention our coverage," I've gone to pharmacies, heard the price, declined the meds, and called the office again to see if it could be changed.  In every case, the doctor has been able to prescribe a different medication to cover the condition.  It may not be one of the fancy new meds, but it has always worked.

On the other hand, if there were no way around buying a specific drug, along with most sane people, I've always considered the life worth more than my possessions.  So we eat beans and rice for a few months, sell a car, whatever it takes...you don't let someone die because you're too fond of your STUFF to come up with the money.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »

One the other hand, if there were no way around buying a specific drug, along with most sane people, I've always considered the life worth more than my possessions.  So we eat beans and rice for a few months, sell a car, whatever it takes...you don't let someone die because you're too fond of your STUFF to come up with the money.

I've had the pharmacist call the prescribing doctor himself when a non-generic medication came out significantly higher than I expected.  He found me a replacement that was $40 less.  I think that most people who go into the health care field genuinely want to help people, so they will work with what people can afford.  My friend's allergist used to give her an entire box on samples for pricey allergy medicine because he knew that she wouldn't be able to afford the price for the prescription.

Offline ATTC

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
All these sob stories with not a word about DUmmies pitching in to help out. 

Of course, it's all lies, but just to make them more interesting and rec worthy lies they should at least attempt to include progressive values such as helping out dying 'friends' and 'relatives'.

Yeah, it's all about forcing someone else to pay for it.  They say it's morally right to help out others but are never up to using their own money.

They don't want equal opportunity... they want equal misery.
Where'd I go wrong? /sarc

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 02:36:05 PM »
Big PHarma is on your side, DUmmie.

Have you been paying attention?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »
Big PHarma is on your side, DUmmie.

Have you been paying attention?

If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer, don't you sir...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 02:40:07 PM »
Tangerine LaBamba  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-19-09 08:01 PM
15. The stories get harder and harder to hear,
the situations get worse and worse.
I just grieve. This is wrong.

All problems solved except that half the doctors in the country would QUIT you moron.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »
And lack of health care?  Try again.  My PCP does a lot of work with lower-income folks here, and doesn't charge if they can't pay.  One of the reasons I stay with him--guy walks the walk.

Dude, PCP means something totally different to them than to us

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer, don't you sir...

They have the attention span of a gnat

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
They have the attention span of a gnat

Which is how Teh MessiahnFuhrer keeps 'em on his side:  keeps flashing 'em with shiny things from different angles so they stay fixated on him.

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »
Yeah, $900 for a one month supply of meds?  That's when you call the doctor back not walk away without!  There are so many options to try for cholesterol and HBP now, and they've been around for years.  I'm not buying it. 

I also think Mrs. Smith's approach is very sensible. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Remember that DUmmies lie, all the time, and they also leave out the most important details.

When DUmmies actually have a problem with the cost of medication, it's almost always self medication,
it's illegal, and they're getting it from a guy who comes up to their car window, not from a pharmacist.

In the vast majority of other cases, it's just a lie.