Author Topic: Blue Monday  (Read 9285 times)

Offline guest

Blue Monday
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
Well, here it is: Monday.  I am sick as heck right now (coughing up my lungs, mostly, and my allergies are acting up in the worst way... my Mazda is covered in pollen.   I touched the car, then unconsciously rubbed my eye.  Now it's itching like hell.    :bawl:  ).  I need to go get some chicken soup or something that can ease my sore throat.   

Having missed class, I have a lot of work to do.  I have to write a take-home essay for my political history exam.    I feel glad that I missed that particular class, because my professor was planning on going off on this anti-2nd amendment rant (based on this silly article we had to read, called "Your Constitution is Killing You".)

What's everyone else up to today?

TOTD:  When you're sick, what is most comforting to you?  (Food, getting waited on, that kind of thing). 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:32:08 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Blue Monday
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
It was YOU!  I have been trying like hell to figure out who gave me this damn sore throat/cough/muscle pain.

I *knew* I should use clean-wipes on my screen.

TOTD: Hot Toddies: Whiskey, hot tea, a little honey.  Also, being babied (but I can't do that from a hotel room)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »
It was YOU!  I have been trying like hell to figure out who gave me this damn sore throat/cough/muscle pain.

I *knew* I should use clean-wipes on my screen.

TOTD: Hot Toddies: Whiskey, hot tea, a little honey.  Also, being babied (but I can't do that from a hotel room)

LOL!  Sorry!  :innocent:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
I managed to get to work at 8:15 this morning.  Then I realized why I don't like showing up until 9ish.  I did my stuff for the sales dept from the weekend, then I have to wait until 10 for the service stuff to show up.   :whatever:  The bonus, I can leave at 4:15, woot!.

TOTD:  Really, when I'm sick I just like staying in bed all comfy with maybe some crackers or soup. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »
I have to take my oldest daughter to the Ortho (she already had her braces off) for what I'm not exactly sure.  Then I have to take her to the allergy doctor for her allergy shot.  On the way home I'm stopping at the grocery store to pick up stuff to make dinner.  I'm currently doing laundry and avoiding going up stairs to start another quilt.  *sigh*  It's a charity quilt too, I have two of them to do.  They are "Project Linus" quilts.  I also have about 8 other quilts that just need the quilting done that are also donation quilts.  The "Project Linus" quilts I have to make the quilt tops as well. 

Anyone have any ideas for dinner?  Something fairly easy?  I looked up a Chicken Tetrazzini recipe on allrecipes.com that looks fairly good, I may try that.

TOTD:  I have to have clean sheets and I like being waited on.  I am a high maintenance sick person.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
2 hour delay this morning, so my day was fubar'd from the get go.  I'm in a pissy mood today.  Think it started when my youngest said he got in trouble at school fro being done with his math work too fast :whatever:.  I tried to get him to clarif and he just said "She yelled at me and said 'you don't see anyone else done yet, do you?'".  Oiy.  He got all the answer right.  The only thing I saw is it could have been a bit neater, but he's not very good at "neat".

Anyway.

BEG, how about tacos for dinner?   Cheap and easy.

TOTD:  depending on the type of sick, bubbly sodas, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  When I was a kid and I was sick, my mom would make me soft boiled eggs...loved those things, but have never been able to duplicate it.  Only ever ate them when I was sick, though.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
2 hour delay this morning, so my day was fubar'd from the get go.  I'm in a pissy mood today.  Think it started when my youngest said he got in trouble at school fro being done with his math work too fast :whatever:.  I tried to get him to clarif and he just said "She yelled at me and said 'you don't see anyone else done yet, do you?'".  Oiy.  He got all the answer right.  The only thing I saw is it could have been a bit neater, but he's not very good at "neat".

Anyway.

BEG, how about tacos for dinner?   Cheap and easy.

TOTD:  depending on the type of sick, bubbly sodas, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  When I was a kid and I was sick, my mom would make me soft boiled eggs...loved those things, but have never been able to duplicate it.  Only ever ate them when I was sick, though.

My girls don't like tacos.  My son and husband like them but my son is away at college.  I still make them on occasion but last night we has chicken enchiladas so I think I'm going to try something else.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:13:21 PM by BEG »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp

Timing is EVERYTHING.  :)

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »
Sorry you are sick, ACC. I am getting over being sick from most of last week. Zicam is amazing! I can't believe you have pollen there already.

It has been a typical Monday so far...I purged some more stuff and dropped it off at Goodwill  :hyper: Cleaned out the fridge....organized a few things, blah....I've been doing the purging thing now since January...it's the best time of the year to clean out your attic!

Starting to think about spring and lining up what needs to be done...and called a few service people to get that ball rolling (I used to do a LOT of that stuff myself, but not with a baby, so bummer  :popcorn:) Evidently, our county might restrict pool usage due to the drought, yet the neighborhood HOA is taking the pool fee...and I e-mailed them about that and still haven't heard anything...that's confusing  :whatever: It will be fun to take the baby to the pool this year, as she is WALKING now, yippeee!!!!!!!! Starting this Friday, she and I are going to a swim class (they pretty much get to splash and kick LOL)...looking forward to that.

TOTD: When I am sick, I generally like to be left alone, but checked on to see if I need anything...and then get waited on  :-) I remember when I got sick as a child, I got babied, so that is still there.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
Sorry you feel so bad, ACC.  :-*

TOTD: Being waited on and babied. It's nice to have someone talk and be soothing when you feel like yuck.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:01 PM »
TOTD: I like to have a warm bath, my comfy jammies, magazines and hot soup when I'm sick.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
Sorry you are sick, ACC. I am getting over being sick from most of last week. Zicam is amazing! I can't believe you have pollen there already.

My car has a nice message for y'all.

:lmao:

I know from that pic, you can't tell it's yellow, but what is there is indeed pollen.   :bawl:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 02:13:23 PM »

I know from that pic, you can't tell it's yellow, but what is there is indeed pollen.   :bawl:

Oh, I can see that! That is unreal.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »
TOTD: "Defense" Vitamin Water and NyQuil.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »

Ugh.  I remember pollen season in North Carolina.  Two solid months of yellow dust storms covering everything.  I hated it.  Had to live on Benadryl for four years.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

Ugh.  I remember pollen season in North Carolina.  Two solid months of yellow dust storms covering everything.  I hated it.  Had to live on Benadryl for four years.

I better go buy stock in Benadryl then.  I think the worst has yet to come.  :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 04:45:20 PM »
I used a nasal allergy spray (NasalCrom).  It's OTC so you don't need a prescription.  Benadryl put me to sleep and the non-drowsy stuff just doesn't work. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 04:47:35 PM »
I used a nasal allergy spray (NasalCrom).  It's OTC so you don't need a prescription.  Benadryl put me to sleep and the non-drowsy stuff just doesn't work. 

NasalCrom?  *writes that down*  I'll give it a try...  thanks.   :-*

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »

It takes a few days for it to start working.  Buy it before pollen season starts.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 04:53:38 PM »

It takes a few days for it to start working.  Buy it before pollen season starts.

Will do.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »
Well, damn, I'm still laid low, and it's called RSV.

One of the banes of my existence are acronyms; anyway, it's some sort of influenza.

However, I no longer feel all beaten up and dragged out.

The current irritation is the cats, who want to go outdoors, which is fine by me.  It's snowing rather heavily, but the temperatures are okay, in the 20s, and there's no wind.  Not great weather, but minimally-acceptable weather for allowing the cats outdoors if that's where they want to go.

So I open the door, and a cat sticks its nose outside, detecting the snow.

Then the cat decides it wants to stay indoors after all.

Which is okay with me; either way.

But then five minutes later, I have to open the door again, for the cat to go outside.

It's as if the cat (this is all the cats, one at a time) thinks that every time I open the front door, the scenery outside will be different than it was five minutes before.

When I'm ill, which is damned rare--I last had the influenza in early 1998, which was nearly ten years ago now--the most comforting fact to me is that inevitably it too shall pass.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »
Well, damn, I'm still laid low, and it's called RSV.

One of the banes of my existence are acronyms; anyway, it's some sort of influenza.

However, I no longer feel all beaten up and dragged out.

The current irritation is the cats, who want to go outdoors, which is fine by me.  It's snowing rather heavily, but the temperatures are okay, in the 20s, and there's no wind.  Not great weather, but minimally-acceptable weather for allowing the cats outdoors if that's where they want to go.

So I open the door, and a cat sticks its nose outside, detecting the snow.

Which is okay with me; either way.

But then five minutes later, I have to open the door again, for the cat to go outside.

It's as if the cat (this is all the cats, one at a time) thinks that every time I open the front door, the scenery outside will be different than it was five minutes before.

When I'm ill, which is damned rare--I last had the influenza in early 1998, which was nearly ten years ago now--the most comforting fact to me is that inevitably it too shall pass.

You are personally responsible for the weather -- and it is your job to make sure it meets with your cat's approval.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
Place foot on cats ass with upward force, repeat. :tongue:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
Place foot on cats ass with upward force, repeat. :tongue:

:rotf: