Author Topic: Yay me!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Flame

Yay me!
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
Tooting my own horn because I completed a chore that I absoluely despise doing!!

I found a new Dr and a new dentist and made appointments for everyone.  Blech.  I hate trying to find a new Dr...call the office and go through 5,000 recorded options, starting with "For English, press 1".  :whatever:   First 4 offices I called took my forever just to get to a person, then I aks if they are taking new patients and I'm told there is a waiting list til __________.

The one place I called that had an actual person anwer the phone, and they are taking new patients, AND I got in next week. 

Then I got to repeat the process with the dentist.

Glad it's done and over with!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Yay me!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »

Congrats!! :-D

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
Congrats.  All the doctors and dentists I went to when I was a kid are still practicing.  It makes life easy.  I'm gonna be screwed when Dr. Cushman retires.  I'll have to find another neurosurgeon.

I have to find an optometrist that will take one of the lenses out of my glasses and replace it with a plain insert.  My eye has changed shape since I had surgery and wearing my glasses is giving me horrible eye pain and headaches.  I think my vision has actually improved, but I won't be able to tell until the oil cataract is removed.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
I'm glad my wife was a nurse all those years.  She knows everybody!  :) 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 10:43:02 AM »
I've been going to the same general practitioner since I was 10.  Woo hoo!  The dentist though is tricky.  I had one that I liked, but then the dental insurance at work changed and he doesn't take it.  So I went to this other guy, and he's totally in it for the money.  He tried to say I need braces! I freaking had braces when I was 14!  So I didn't go back to him.  I'm going to check out my boss's dentist next time, or call the original one and get them to take MetLife.

As for eye doctors, I had one that I really really liked, but I think they moved.  I'm gonna have to research it a little.  I no longer have any vision insurance, but I need a check up bad.  I have horrible eyesight and it's been well over a year since I've gone.  I'm just going to have them put new lenses in my old frames (cause I looooove my old frames).
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
I know exactly what you mean about finding a good doctor and dentist.

I wasn't happy with my daughter's pediatrician, and I finally found her someone GOOD. She was with a group that kept expanding, and they could never guarantee that she'd see her doctor or someone else. BOO!

They were so big and busy that they had to call me when their books opened to schedule her next appointment. The last time that happened, they never called me and when I called them, they were already booked...they blamed me for not calling, like I'm supposed to know when their books "open"  :mental: They pretty much left me no choice then to find her someone else, and that's what I should have done from the beginning. It never failed, I'd sit and wait with her in the waiting room for at least an hour...then another 30-45 minutes in the room. BS.

Now she's got someone who she is guaranteed to see, and there is hardly any wait! VERY happy.

The dentist...well, I was satisfied with them until my husband had to have a crown put on (he's got the bad teeth  :-) ). The dentist put the temp on,and when he was scheduled to come back, they either didn't have it or it didn't fit...it was some error on their end. It was time off from work for him only for him to have to go back there.

The second time he went back to have it put on, it still wasn't right.

The third time was a charm, but it gets worse...

Hubby paid upfront what the insurance wouldn't cover, and he was told by their billing department at that time (this was when they put the temp on) that he would get a "discount" for paying upfront, so he paid.

About a week or 2 after they finally got it right with the crown and put it on, they send him a bill for like $57 placing it in the 60-90 days LATE category.

That was the first bill he'd received. He called, and he was told that the reason it was placed in that time category was because that was when it originally started, with the temp, which was obviously their f*ck up too, because they couldn't get it right. And, they wouldn't and couldn't tell him why he even had a balance. Hubby figured it was the "discount" they said he would get, but then tried to charge him for anyway (and making him look delinquent was the icing on their cake). 

I told hubby to CALL the insurance company, because I have discovered that sometimes these things cross in the mail...the provider will get payment from the ins. co. but bill the patient simultaneously,and the provider might get it from both ends and keep it, and you, won't get it back unless you call the provider and tell them to give it back.

Looks like it wa the discount, and hubby paid it  :whatever:

What really ticked me off the most was them putting it in a delinquent status like that.

Needless to say, we WON'T be back there. That dentist and billing department are inept.

Hubby found us someone that was highly recommended by a co-worker of his.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama