Author Topic: The TGIF is upon us...  (Read 3555 times)

Offline jtyangel

The TGIF is upon us...
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:34:39 AM »
Good day, peoples. So, besides work, what are you fine folks up to? Any plans for the weekend? It's butt arse cold here, so I'm not expecting much out of the weekend except continuing work on my boys' room(wallpaper removal :censored:, thin set application :censored:, sanding :banghead:, etc--did I mention I friggin hate wallpaper on old walls especially? :banghead:)

Enough about my peeing and moaning...what's going on?

TOTD: Have you ever had a premonition about something that came true? We don't have to get DU kooky up in here, just that deja vu type of feeling?

I have deja vu pretty frequently. I'm not claiming a super power yet since I don't have the millions from the lotto pool.  :lmao: :loser: Other then deja vu, I don't really have premonitions. I make some pretty good guesses ahead of time  as to what happens and it does, but it's based on the most likely outcome for the individual situation which seems about 99 percent right if you understand anything about human nature. Now, if I was a DUer, I'd be burning candles and incense and praying for the maple tree to grant me health, but I'm not so instead I realize I make some pretty good guesses based on expected reactions or most likely outcome.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: The TGIF is upon us...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
Good morning.
Typical winter weekend coming here.
My Saturday morning to work then more firewood gathering and house cleaning (might have a drink or two as well).

TOTD:Yes,not so much a premonition as just suddenly knowing that a situation was going to turn out a certain way...and it did.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
Friday, Friday, Friday.

Gonna chill today, and get some laundry done.

My weekend plans aren't all that exciting...basketball, dance and baseball sign-ups.  My daughter needs new pointe shoes (yay :whatever:), and since I'm in a new city, I have to find a place I trust to fit her correctly.  Might do that tomorrow afternoon.

Sunday we are going to visit a new church, since we haven't found a good fit here yet.

TOTD:  I experience de-ja-vue a lot, but no real premonitions.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:32:34 AM »
It's suppose to be a beautiful weekend here with bright cloudless sunshine and temps being near 70 degrees.  It will be a good weekend to Weed-N-Feed the yard again before the clover overtakes the earth. 

TOTD:  Many times.  It's a gift.  ::)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:33:59 AM »
Good morning, although it's a rotten morning for franksolich, who is determined to put on a brave face.

I'll see the physician on Monday.  I hope I'm just being hypochondrial.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »
Well, I officially start work  this weekend, so I am going to enjoy today while I can.   I have one class in 30 minutes, then I go meet my mom so we can get Housing to get serious about the room-mate issue.  I will do whatever it takes to either trade apartments with someone else, or just get the room-mate and the co-habiting pals evicted for breaking quite a few rules.  I think there might be some affirmative action of some kind in place to prevent me from getting her kicked out.  I'm not the one who violated the rules, she did, so I think it's only fair that SHE be the one who moves.   *sighs*

I am also getting my hair cut today, and will try to post pics if possible.  :)

TOTD:  I have premonitions from time to time, but not often. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
Good morning, although it's a rotten morning for franksolich, who is determined to put on a brave face.

I'll see the physician on Monday.  I hope I'm just being hypochondrial.

You okay Frank?

Don't dick around if you think it may be serious.  If you go down in the farmhouse with that pack of feline freeloaders you herd they will find nothing but the bones when they come to see why you stopped writing. ;)

Seriously, you okay?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »

I'll see the physician on Monday.  I hope I'm just being hypochondrial.

You okay Frank?

Don't dick around if you think it may be serious.  If you go down in the farmhouse with that pack of feline freeloaders you herd they will find nothing but the bones when they come to see why you stopped writing. ;)

Seriously, you okay?

ditto that, frank

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »
QUIET house finally!

Kids are in school, wife is away till tomorrow on business stuff and I have coffee and the internet and nothing to do. Yay ME! :)

TOTD

Had a few really weird Deja Vu's and a few instances of "6th Sense" issuing me a warning.  In one of those I pulled my gun on a guy in the lobby of the court house in Vegas and ordered him onto the ground and when we searched him he had a .380 and a baggie of crack in his pockets. He looked at me funny out of the corner of his eye and all of a sudden something was gonging in the back of my head like a fire bell. I thought I was going to be fired for causing a scene, lol.

Dude was going in to get a marriage license at 2 am with the future Mrs. loser. She was some kinda pissed! :-D

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

Seriously, you okay?

I rate it "moderately mild," which is why I'm not jumping up-and-down getting all excited about it, although it is putting a severe crimp on the mood and attitude.  Even the primitives don't amuse.

I wonder if it's an ulcer, the beginning of one--damn, for my whole life I've assiduously avoided getting the same things that afflicted the family, and succeeded, but then I seem to have turned around and gotten things they never had.

It's either that, or some sort of blow to midriff, the abdomen; life out here in the Sandhills of Nebraska is pretty physical, and I get banged up a lot, but nothing serious.

I have no idea, but the past few days, it's affected my attitude more than affected anything else.

I'm confident it'll sort itself out.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
Sick of work, sick of snow, sick of people who say they'll come out and plow the driveway and don't.

Oh, and 4-6 more inches tomorrow.

TOTD: I play poker, so premonition may not be the right word.  But some people are easier to read than others.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 09:59:25 AM »
Keep us updated frank. I'm concerned but not worried. Yet.

It's cold again! Arrgh. I can't wait for spring.

TOTD: yes. Without getting all "DU Kooky", I often sense things and I'm usually right. It used to be unsettling. Now I just go with it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »
I just listen to my spirit guides.  :mental:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:45 AM »

I have had the flu this week*, but I am determined to be sufficiently recovered to participate in happy hour this evening.

* and if you ask the people that work in my department, they will tell you that I have also had PMS all week. :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:32 AM »

I have had the flu this week*, but I am determined to be sufficiently recovered to participate in happy hour this evening.

* and if you ask the people that work in my department, they will tell you that I have also had PMS all week. :-)

We have a craaaaammmmpppsss thread here should your participating in the happy hour thread fall thru :-) :-*

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
Well, excresence.

The body was hollering for it, so I went to town to pick up a half-bushel of oranges.

While I was there, I learned the influenza is going around, big time.

That's probably all it is.

Since I hadn't had that since sometime during the previous century, I had forgotten what it feels like.

This by the way is a perfect illustration of what I mean when I say one should "listen" to one's body; I had no idea, no idea at all, that the influenza was going around when I went to get those oranges; all I knew was that the body was craving oranges, nothing more.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
All I ever get is vuja-de...that odd feeling that this has never happened before.   :hyper:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 03:28:21 PM »
Okay, I am back with some new clothes (for the GTG ;) ) and a hair cut.   Even with 4 inches chopped off, my hair is STILL relatively long, but is much easier to style with layers.   Pics will be here when I can get them... USB cable is not with me right now. 

Oh, and there is now an apartment available for me to move to, but I have to go through mediation first with my room-mate before the move can even be considered.   :whatever:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:57:40 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »
Today is the first day of the Chinese New Year, the year of the Rat.  The company I work for is based in Taiwan (the offices in Taiwan were closed).  We worked half a day and had a Chinese restaurant cater lunch for 500+ employees.  Lots of prizes, but with the exchange rate, I think that 42-inch HDTV was probably a bit cheaper than what you or me would have paid for it.  The employee of the year was awarded, along with the Bonehead of the Year award.  Last year's Bonehead of the Year winner knocked over the PA system while they were awarding the new winner.  I am not kidding.

I won a lunchbox.  I might have won a $100 Best Buy card, but I threw my ticket away and wasn't able to claim it.

The Rat

Being the first sign of the Chinese zodiacs, rats are leaders, pioneers and conquerors. They are charming, passionate, charismatic, practical and hardworking. Rat people are endowed with great leadership skills and are the most highly organized, meticulous, and systematic of the twelve signs. Intelligent and cunning at the same time, rats are highly ambitious and strong-willed people who are keen and unapologetic promoters of their own agendas, which often include money and power. They are energetic and versatile and can usually find their way around obstacles, and adapt to various environments easily. A rat's natural charm and sharp demeanor make it an appealing friend for almost anyone, but rats are usually highly exclusive and selective when choosing friends and so often have only a few very close friends whom they trust.

TOTD: Yes, and it's a little weird.  It has happened more than once, and it usually happens the same way.  It's usually a dream, one of those that occur right before you wake up.  An example... the summer before I was supposed to start the 8th grade, I had a dream that I was walking down a row of lockers.  There was a kid in a denim jacket opening his locker.  I didn't recognize him and had no idea who he was.

Later that year, I met that kid.  Same hallway, same locker.  He was wearing the same blue denim jacket. 

I had a dream that involves a massive war and armageddon.  I had it when I was seven.  I hope it never hapens.  It scared the hell out of me for years. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:15:45 PM by Chris »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
Year of the Rat?  1984 was also the year of the rat, my birth year.  :bolt: 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

I guess this is supposed to be a good year for you.  We didn't have any Chinese astrologers around, so I'm not sure.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

I guess this is supposed to be a good year for you.  We didn't have any Chinese astrologers around, so I'm not sure.

*wanders over to Google*    :o

A Rat Year is a time of hard work, activity, and renewal.  This is a good year to begin a new job, get married, launch a product or make a fresh start. Ventures begun now may not yield fast returns, but opportunities will come for people who are well prepared and resourceful.  The best way for you to succeed is to be patient, let things develop slowly, and make the most of every opening you can find.  People born in an Earth Rat are said to be logical realists, shrewd, charming, ambitious, and inventive.  Of course, the entire horoscope must be considered when making any personality assessment.

In Chinese, the Rat is respected and considered a courageous, enterprising person.  People born in the Year of Rat are clever and bright, sociable and family-minded.  They have broad interests and strong ability in adapting to the environment and able to react adequately to any changes.

They are gifted in many ways and have an easy going manner.  They are active and pleasant, tactful and fantastic, and are able to grasp opportunities.  They seem to have interests in everything and hope to participate in doing it and usually do it very well.

That's kinda creepy. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »
Let's see....I went and helped my youngest daughter's teacher like I do every friday.  Then I went to lunch with my husband and had the most excellent lunch at the Blue Mesa (Spa Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas with asparagus and sweet potatoes). 

Then I went to Dillards to take back one of the two dresses I bought my daughter for the "Father Daughter Dance" tonight.  When I was in the store I saw an absolutely adorable dress for her and bought it.  Brought it home and had her try it on.  She looked beautiful in it yet she wants the other dress (that looks cheap but wasn't). 

Next on my list was a trip to Target.  I had to get stuff to make a salad because we are going over to a friends house and they are making a steak dinner for the Dads and the girls and my contribution is a salad.  After they eat dinner (we are serving them) they are taking a limo (not my husband's idea) to the dance.  The dance is only for an hour and a half but she is so excited.  While they are at the dance us mom's are going to get drunk.

Tomorrow night that same daughter is having a slumber party for her 9th birthday (her birthday was January 31st).  I'm not looking forward to having 8 of her friends spend all night here.  I know that someone is either going to puke on my carpet or want to go home at 3 am.   ::)

Oh yeah, I've done a couple of loads of laundry today as well.

TOTD:  I get deja vu every once in awhile.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
While they are at the dance us mom's are going to get drunk.

Hell yeah  :cheersmate:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
While they are at the dance us mom's are going to get drunk.

Hell yeah  :cheersmate:

Maybe we will go find a bar that is having Karaoke.   :p