Author Topic: Wake up, Tuesday peeps...  (Read 2690 times)

Offline jtyangel

Wake up, Tuesday peeps...
« on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:19 AM »
Something about warm weather invigorates me. Ok warmer weather...It is 61 degrees in Columbus, Ohio this morning and raining, but not crazy rain yet. I have the windows open and the air is thick with Gulf of Mexico water--you can smell it--I lived long enough by the coast to know 'beach air'. I love it, love it, love it and am enjoying every minute of it.

Besides that I have my made at home Dunkin Donuts coffee(bought the mega bag at Sam's club and yes it tastes delish). I'm typing this to y'all on the front porch this am. Woot!

But alas, this is a short-lived treat since Feb. for Ohio is not generally known for its spring weather.  :lmao: Although, the nice thing about Feb. is you know spring is around the corner--the temperatures and weather starts varying often enough to tell. I call it seasonal puberty where hormones or in the case weather is down one minute and then up again(right before fall is seasonal menopause btw :p).

Ok, enough yaking. Get on with it. Enjoy the day folks and be safe...lots of rain and storms throughout the country today and some snow behind this thing.

TOTD: In all the cities you have been in or visited, which had the nicest weather or seemed like it did? I would have to say San Diego. Steady moderate temps all year long, next to the coast line. I really love that city. I love coming into it after driving through the desert via Yuma, AZ. You are in desert and then all of a sudden go through mountains, you make a bend, and there it is. Same with Vegas, but Vegas still sits in the valley ie desert where SD is coastal. Discuss.

Offline Taxman

Re: Wake up, Tuesday peeps...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:12:18 AM »
Have to agree with you that in the US, San Diego has a great climate.  Worldwide, one of the nicest cities that I have ever visited was Buenos Aires Argentina.  Aside from the abundance of gorgeous young wimmenz down there the climate was fantastic.  I also liked Capetown South Africa's climate but the city had too many slums. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:12:57 AM »
I wish I were so perky.  :lmao: It's 22 here. Compared to what we had, it's a mild morning. Still unburying myself from work... that'll learn me for taking a vacation.

San Diego is awesome. I love the water and I could see myself living along a beach or river.   
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:16:18 AM »
Come on Schade...no draggy ass this morning!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 06:21:10 AM »
Oh come on now.

What is the obsession with "nice" weather.

I've only ever been in London three times, always during the middle of winter, when no one else was there.

London was great.

I've been in Boston for at least a week or more eight times. 

The first four times was in the dead of summmer, when the city reeked of dead fish and human sewage.

The last four times was in the middle of winter, when it was so cold all the stenches froze and couldn't be smelled.

Boston was half-great.

I dunno; born and raised in Nebraska, and having spent circa 67-75% of my life in Nebraska, I've had all the kinds of weather one can hope to have, and so it's no big deal.

When I go somewhere, I just go, and the weather be damned, as it isn't important.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:28:48 AM »
Don't misunderstand, Frank, I enjoy a place 'weather' or not. I went to the coast recently and the winds were howling from a hurricane way off coast. I loved it and it made for good pictures, which I was there for. Offered a different tone then the usual sunny stuff. But overall, I will take weather from about 60-78 degrees whether it is windy, rainy, or sunny. I hate the cold and I mean hate it with a passion. I feel lethargic in cold weather.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:27 AM »
I wish I were so perky.  :lmao: It's 22 here. Compared to what we had, it's a mild morning. Still unburying myself from work... that'll learn me for taking a vacation.

San Diego is awesome. I love the water and I could see myself living along a beach or river.   

Actually I would love to be in La Jolla.  Spent some time on the beach there a few years back.  I could live there for a part of the year but I do need the snow and cold.  Something about getting warmed up after spending time outside.  Plus as nice as it is in SD you are still in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornication. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 06:45:55 AM »

Actually I would love to be in La Jolla.  Spent some time on the beach there a few years back.  I could live there for a part of the year but I do need the snow and cold.  Something about getting warmed up after spending time outside.  Plus as nice as it is in SD you are still in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornication. 

That is the one big downfall--that SD is in California.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 06:49:40 AM »
I was just twitting you, angel.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 07:33:51 AM »
I've always enjoyed the southwest Arizona,New Mexico I know the climate isn't exactly moderate but I have lived in Michigan my entire life{except when Dad was stationed in Missouri before being shipped off to Viet-Nam}so I would love to live in the other extreme for awhile.Like Jty I hate the 4 and 5 month long winters we have here.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 07:34:53 AM »

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 07:58:47 AM »
A normal 40-minute drive to work this morning became an hour-and-a-half ordeal.  Cars everywhere off the road on the Spaulding and I-95.  I-95 was actually WORSE because while it was snowing at my place, it had turned to freezing rain by the coast and turned EVERYTHING into an ice sheet. 

Looking at the 10-day forecast we're getting rain/sleet/snow every day for the next week.

TOTD: Got to agree with Sandy Eggo.  Stationed there, just enough of a change to notice seasons, and with the exception of "June Gloom" pretty much perfect all year around.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Flame

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 08:10:37 AM »
Good morning.  Foggy and dreary looking outside today, but at least it's supposed to warm up!

My middle kids is going to is first school dance tonight...just with some friends, but we are hounding him mercilessly about the girls.  Is that wrong? :-)

My daughter is skipping dance tonight (it's not really skipping, it was optional, but she's not going) because she wants to watch her younger brother play basketball.  I thought that was sweet.

TOTD:  May in Colorado is the best weather ever, anywhere.  (At least that I've been!)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 08:17:55 AM »
35 degrees here, burrrrr. Today I am going to take it easy, well as easy as I can with a very active baby girl! :-) I got some serious back issues that need to get looked at, I might need surgery. :( I am going to go vote and basically be on here and watching the news to see how the primaries are going. Hope everyone said their prayers for the GOP to win! ;)

TOTD: My home state Virginia has the most beautiful weather during the fall. It is cool but comfy. Take a drive on Skyline Drive and see the color changes on the trees. It really is breathtaking.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »
Buttload of snow coming our way.  7-10 inches by Wednesday morning. Oh Greater joy.

TOTD

Vegas in the winter. (February to be precise.)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »
Buttload of snow coming our way.  7-10 inches by Wednesday morning. Oh Greater joy.

TOTD

Vegas in the winter. (February to be precise.)

Vegas isn't bad. The summers are more moderate then Phoenix...well 106 compared to 115. LOL

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 09:09:04 AM »
I know some of you will think something like this:  :hammer: ,

But I wish we'd have one good snow storm here in the mid-Atlantic. It's going to be 60-something today, and around 70 tomorrow. One good white, slushy, ass whooping, and I'll be able to look forward to Spring.

TOTD: I like the Outer Banks--with the small exception of hurricane season. 
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »
But i get to leave the office early today (been here since like 3 am.).. go to the voting booth, then get home while the workers are there... Think I'll just lock myself in the basement today...

TOTD:   I'll be honest.. the rest of the city scares me, but I loved my time in San Francisco.  Great weather, lots of sunshine, the whole thing.

Offline guest

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 09:43:07 AM »
Well, got my work schedule for next week.  I WILL need to speak with my boss about working early on Saturdays, or at least let her know that I will need a Saturday off coming up in a few weeks.    For me, working 7-3 or 8-4 on weekends would be best for my studies.

TOTD:  Don't make me choose. 

I do love the weather in the Ozarks, in Arkansas(especially in the fall).  My family used to stay in a condo up there every year, around Thanksgiving.  It may get cold, but snuggling under warm blankets and drinking apple cider or hot chocolate is always something I enjoy.  :) 

Savannah, so far, is my favorite place here in Georgia.  We are not affected much by the drought up north.  Plenty of rain, plenty of sunshine, so it's a nice balance.  :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:56:01 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »
I'm at work and sick with the crud.  I'm going to finish the bank deposit and then take off the rest of the day.  I hate being sick.  :banghead:

TOTD:  I really liked London, it was January and cold.  Brisk.  Oh, when I went on that cruise a couple of years ago, it was nice on the ship, not too hot and it was August.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
TOTD: Phoenix or Tucson...hot like Oklahoma in the summer, but, without the gale-force winds.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »
But i get to leave the office early today (been here since like 3 am.).. go to the voting booth, then get home while the workers are there... Think I'll just lock myself in the basement today...

TOTD:   I'll be honest.. the rest of the city scares me, but I loved my time in San Francisco.  Great weather, lots of sunshine, the whole thing.

I must have gone at the wrong time then. :-) It was cold!! In July! They told me that "the coldest winter you'll ever spend is the summer you spend in San Fransisco."
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle