Author Topic: It's Saturday  (Read 6069 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: It's Saturday
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
^No, I would go behind them and point out spots they missed and then re-do them. :-) Plus, I'm impatient and want it done now. I need a hobby.  :uhsure: :lmao:

It's those damned curtains! If I hadn't bought them I wouldn't have paid attention to the dirty windows.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 08:36:22 PM »
^No, I would go behind them and point out spots they missed and then re-do them. :-) Plus, I'm impatient and want it done now. I need a hobby.  :uhsure: :lmao:

It's those damned curtains! If I hadn't bought them I wouldn't have paid attention to the dirty windows.

The service I hired was a professional outfit.  They didn't leave spots or streaks.  They came by appointment on a monthly basis.  My windows stayed incredibly clean. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »
^Hmm....I may look into that. I'd rather have a maid do the INSIDE of the house though. Sigh.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 08:40:45 PM »
^Hmm....I may look into that. I'd rather have a maid do the INSIDE of the house though. Sigh.

The maid service came once a week. :)  They wouldn't do windows.

The time went by and circumstances change.  My double pane windows, some of them, got cloudy.  I hate those damn windows.  I frosted one that got really bad:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »
grandbabies? Adorable!

My mother has a french door that "clouded up" and she had to frost it as well.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
grandbabies? Adorable!

Well, two of them.  The blonde is the one who lives with me 90% of the time.

My mother has a french door that "clouded up" and she had to frost it as well.

That window had "frames" inside between the two panes.  When I frosted it, it looked terrible.  I painted on those pane lines you see in the photo..   :uhsure:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »
you did good!!!

My mom just finally gave up after doing one door - she actually has two doors that are clouding up. One on either side of the sunroom. She just lets the dog slobber cover it up now.  :-) :uhsure:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »
you did good!!!

My mom just finally gave up after doing one door - she actually has two doors that are clouding up. One on either side of the sunroom. She just lets the dog slobber cover it up now.  :-) :uhsure:

I like the frosted look and the light it gives, but I didn't want to alter any windows which didn't need it, so the other ones I wanted to frost, I used wax paper and a glue stick.  Those windows didn't have the "panes", and I like the "look" of panes and frosting, so I used electrical tape to create the illusion. 

The wax paper is the heavy good stuff.  The dollar store stuff tears too easily. :)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »
Is it a bad thing to have already had a few beers?

Define "A few."  Actually if it takes more than the fingers of one hand, it's 1 p.m. or earlier, and you haven't been out fishing since the crack of dawn, yes.

:hammer:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »
Is it a bad thing to have already had a few beers?

Define "A few."  Actually if it takes more than the fingers of one hand, it's 1 p.m. or earlier, and you haven't been out fishing since the crack of dawn, yes.

:hammer:
:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »
I spent the entire day cleaning our windows - inside and out. Yesterday, I was hunched over from hanging curtains on four of our windows. It took all day!!! Murphy's Law was the order of the day and I have no idea why I'm such a glutton for punishment. I should have stopped after hemming all of them but no, I had to clean the friggin windows too....I'm so sore from the bending, stooping, manevering. It sucks to have the upper body strength of a hummingbird when you're standing on a ladder trying to put curtain rods in the wall. Okay, I'm done... :-)

Would you like some cheese with that whine?  :-) I hate doing the outsides of the windows. Half of them are on the second story and I hate heights. I get sore like you are talking about when I do really heavy cleaning on the house all day long like cleaning the baseboards and stooping down or on my knees cleaning. Ugh...

You can hire window cleaning service.  I use to back when I cared.
Sounds expensive and we aren't the rich in rich, greedy conservatives.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
That was back when I had a couple of nickels to rub together.  Today, I frost the dirt.  :lmao: