Author Topic: Why...  (Read 17145 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Why...
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »
do I do this to myself? I'm watching this stupid ghosthunters thing in my dark family room with the sliding glass window uncovered to the dark backyard :banghead: Yeah, I'll be sleeping comfy tnight. BLASTED!

I avoid that stuff before bedtime.  not because I am it keeps me from sleeping, but because it will crawl inside my head and mess with my dreams.  I also can't leave the TV on while I am sleeping, or whatever is on will become incorporated into a dream, which is kind of a mess when the science channel goes on one of it's UFO kicks. :-)

my subconscious gets a real kick out of forking with my conscious.  it always has.

Oh, me too, WE. I'll be waking up with shaky freakiness in a few hours no doubt. UGH. I leave the tv on sometimes, but I put the weather channel on before I drift to sleep--figure that can't screw with anything too much.  :lmao:

the whole dream thing isn't really that big of a problem, unless you remember your dreams at all . . . which I do with alarming detail. :whatever:

the weather channel sounds safe enough, but so did fox news until greta turned into a succubus one night and sucked my soul out of me.

You just gave me a photoshop idea or would that be f*cking with you? :-*

now I am curious . . . .

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
I doubt anyone else remembers this, but several years ago, MTV had it's own Ghost-hunting show called "Fear."  (theme song was Godsmack's "VooDoo"  LOVE that song).

God, I loved watching the college students scream like children (especially the guys).   :rotf:
[/quote

I would have too...I love the scary stuff, but I get freaked out easy...damn they are in the woods now and hear heavy footsteps and laughter...if not for the happy disposition, I'd think they were hunting Rosie O.

Jty, they actually had some freaky missions to perform, as this show revolved around performing creepy missions for money.  One episode occurred at an abandoned Louisiana plantation, where the people had to bury someone alive (not for long, obviously). 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »
do I do this to myself? I'm watching this stupid ghosthunters thing in my dark family room with the sliding glass window uncovered to the dark backyard :banghead: Yeah, I'll be sleeping comfy tnight. BLASTED!

I avoid that stuff before bedtime.  not because I am it keeps me from sleeping, but because it will crawl inside my head and mess with my dreams.  I also can't leave the TV on while I am sleeping, or whatever is on will become incorporated into a dream, which is kind of a mess when the science channel goes on one of it's UFO kicks. :-)

my subconscious gets a real kick out of forking with my conscious.  it always has.

Oh, me too, WE. I'll be waking up with shaky freakiness in a few hours no doubt. UGH. I leave the tv on sometimes, but I put the weather channel on before I drift to sleep--figure that can't screw with anything too much.  :lmao:

the whole dream thing isn't really that big of a problem, unless you remember your dreams at all . . . which I do with alarming detail. :whatever:

the weather channel sounds safe enough, but so did fox news until greta turned into a succubus one night and sucked my soul out of me.

now I am curious . . . .

I'll see what I can come up with for one of the weekend threads. I don't dare get up from here right now...you know...the space under the bed and all that. I think I need a teddy bear. That makes me think of a new thread.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »
I doubt anyone else remembers this, but several years ago, MTV had it's own Ghost-hunting show called "Fear."  (theme song was Godsmack's "VooDoo"  LOVE that song).

God, I loved watching the college students scream like children (especially the guys).   :rotf:
[/quote

I would have too...I love the scary stuff, but I get freaked out easy...damn they are in the woods now and hear heavy footsteps and laughter...if not for the happy disposition, I'd think they were hunting Rosie O.

Jty, they actually had some freaky missions to perform, as this show revolved around performing creepy missions for money.  One episode occurred at an abandoned Louisiana plantation, where the people had to bury someone alive (not for long, obviously). 

The buried alive...horrible...what a horrible way to die I would think. I'd come back too, ready to kick any and all available living ass.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »
You're watching Ghost Plumbers? Those guys rarely find spooky stuff. They seem to be pretty level headed about the things they do find that are paranormal. The other shows seem a bit more, um. dramatic. I won't watch all of Paranormal State yet. They deal with the bad ju ju stuf.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »

now I am curious . . . .

I'll see what I can come up with for one of the weekend threads. I don't dare get up from here right now...you know...the space under the bed and all that. I think I need a teddy bear. That makes me think of a new thread.

careful . . . teddy changes after the lights go out.

(hot bandwidth alert)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »

now I am curious . . . .

(hot bandwidth alert)

****...damn WE :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: damnit!

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »
You're watching Ghost Plumbers? Those guys rarely find spooky stuff. They seem to be pretty level headed about the things they do find that are paranormal. The other shows seem a bit more, um. dramatic. I won't watch all of Paranormal State yet. They deal with the bad ju ju stuf.

Oh yeah, in one episode a demon that's been following the main dude around shows up.  Creepy!  And they won't say his name and you can tell people are worried about it.  Freaky!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:37 PM »

now I am curious . . . .

(hot bandwidth alert)

****...damn WE :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: damnit!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »

Ooh, the ju ju stuff...Ok, I'm turning th elight on now--if I can get the picture of carnivore teddy out of mind long enough to do it.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »

just listen to coast to coast while youre going to sleep. those people are so loopy, you'll be laughing your ass off and forget all about that stuff..

but you'll dream about bigfoot.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:18 PM »

[/quote

The buried alive...horrible...what a horrible way to die I would think. I'd come back too, ready to kick any and all available living ass.

LOL, if you want a creepy book about being buried alive, I recommend the book "Buried Alive" by Jan Bondeson.  It's a book that makes you want to crawl into your bed and stay there.  LOL

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »

Oh yeah, in one episode a demon that's been following the main dude around shows up.  Creepy!  And they won't say his name and you can tell people are worried about it.  Freaky!

Well, that's it..you are all officially staying up all night with me :cheersmate: :lmao:

WE especially...bastage...I keep having to scroll fast through that picture. :thatsright:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »

I'm a bit dissappointed with Paranormal State.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:11 PM »

Well, that's it..you are all officially staying up all night with me :cheersmate: :lmao:

WE especially...bastage...I keep having to scroll fast through that picture. :thatsright:

teddy hears voices.  voices tell teddy to do bad things.  go to sleep, baby. :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
^yeah seem to "sensationalize" things. I like the Ghost Plumbers.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:19 PM »

just listen to coast to coast while youre going to sleep. those people are so loopy, you'll be laughing your ass off and forget all about that stuff..

or Ron Paul :o :o eeks

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:12 PM »

[/quote

LOL, if you want a creepy book about being buried alive, I recommend the book "Buried Alive" by Jan Bondeson.  It's a book that makes you want to crawl into your bed and stay there.  LOL

*shudder*

My mother said Burnt Offerings was one of the scariest books she's ever read.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:46 PM »

orbs, ghosts, UFOs or Bigfoot.... thems your choices girlie...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »

teddy hears voices.  voices tell teddy to do bad things.  go to sleep, baby. :-)

Teddy says, bite me :hammer:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »

I was just about to post that exact thing.  googling for "paranormal photos" really does land you in the same zip code as the ronbots, for some reason. :-)

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
You are a jerk WE. :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »

I was just about to post that exact thing.  googling for "paranormal photos" really does land you in the same zip code as the ronbots, for some reason. :-)

The half truths and distortions are common ground for both. :-) If you shopped a picture of ron paul in that xray, I'd swear we figured out the reptiles malfunction :o