Author Topic: Why...  (Read 17147 times)

Offline jtyangel

Why...
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »
do I do this to myself? I'm watching this stupid ghosthunters thing in my dark family room with the sliding glass window uncovered to the dark backyard :banghead: Yeah, I'll be sleeping comfy tnight. BLASTED!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Why...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
do I do this to myself? I'm watching this stupid ghosthunters thing in my dark family room with the sliding glass window uncovered to the dark backyard :banghead: Yeah, I'll be sleeping comfy tnight. BLASTED!

:confused:

Been hitting the sauce, have ya?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

I have, it's Margarita night!   :-)


Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »

Heck no...I couldn't sleep at first so I decide to flip this stupid thing on. I actually opened up the laptop for light. :lmao:

I'm a skeered.  :hammer:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »
Oh, I love watching that show in the dark.   LOL
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »

Have you seen Paranormal on A&E yet?  Similar to Ghost Hunters.  The first time I watch it, it was like 2am and completely dark in my whole house.  I was freaked.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »

I avoid that stuff before bedtime.  not because I am it keeps me from sleeping, but because it will crawl inside my head and mess with my dreams.  I also can't leave the TV on while I am sleeping, or whatever is on will become incorporated into a dream, which is kind of a mess when the science channel goes on one of it's UFO kicks. :-)

my subconscious gets a real kick out of forking with my conscious.  it always has.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:31:17 PM »

How do you do it?  :o

This time they are in some old pub and their meters are going off and they record a voice. Frick...it's creepy with the lights off because they have the lights off when they are recording that crap. Damn. And the commercials in between for the scary movies.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »

Have you seen Paranormal on A&E yet?  Similar to Ghost Hunters.  The first time I watch it, it was like 2am and completely dark in my whole house.  I was freaked.

No, the commercials were freaky, but I want to catch it. Definitely not at night though. So it's good huh?

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32:36 PM »
Watch something goofy to calm you down. That is what I do when I am scared after watching something like "Ghosthunters". I recommend "Mean Girls" :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:33:03 PM »

This time they are in some old pub and their meters are going off and they record a voice. Frick...it's creepy with the lights off because they have the lights off when they are recording that crap. Damn. And the commercials in between for the scary movies.

you just don't hear enough strange noises in the dark. :hyper: :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »

I avoid that stuff before bedtime.  not because I am it keeps me from sleeping, but because it will crawl inside my head and mess with my dreams.  I also can't leave the TV on while I am sleeping, or whatever is on will become incorporated into a dream, which is kind of a mess when the science channel goes on one of it's UFO kicks. :-)

my subconscious gets a real kick out of forking with my conscious.  it always has.

Oh, me too, WE. I'll be waking up with shaky freakiness in a few hours no doubt. UGH. I leave the tv on sometimes, but I put the weather channel on before I drift to sleep--figure that can't screw with anything too much.  :lmao:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:35 PM »
Watch something goofy to calm you down. That is what I do when I am scared after watching something like "Ghosthunters". I recommend "Mean Girls" :-)

My daughter has High School Musical II on DVD...that should do the trick. Ooh, I have Spongebob too.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »

Not the ones I want to hear...

or make...wha?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »

Well,  it's something that's fascinated me since I was a child.  When I was a Girl Scout, we camped out at  this old camp, with this creepy old building that hadn't been used in at least 30 years.   We were sleeping in tents, but some of us snuck into the building to do some looking around.    If only we'd had some EMF meters.  Would have been interesting to see what kind of readings might have been there (electricity was cut off, also).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »

My daughter has High School Musical II on DVD...that should do the trick. Ooh, I have Spongebob too.

Spongebob is the way to go. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:48 PM »

Oh, me too, WE. I'll be waking up with shaky freakiness in a few hours no doubt. UGH. I leave the tv on sometimes, but I put the weather channel on before I drift to sleep--figure that can't screw with anything too much.  :lmao:

the whole dream thing isn't really that big of a problem, unless you remember your dreams at all . . . which I do with alarming detail. :whatever:

the weather channel sounds safe enough, but so did fox news until greta turned into a succubus one night and sucked my soul out of me.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 10:39:43 PM »

or make...wha?

well, if you do it right, you can't tell if you're hearin' 'em or makin' em . . .  :-)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »

No, the commercials were freaky, but I want to catch it. Definitely not at night though. So it's good huh?

I like it.  It's freaky and creepy and very cool!
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »

Spongebob is the way to go. :-)

You no likey 'Grease 2007' :lmao:

[youtube=425,350]Tq9ML-0HEsg[/youtube]

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:41 PM »
I doubt anyone else remembers this, but several years ago, MTV had it's own Ghost-hunting show called "Fear."  (theme song was Godsmack's "VooDoo"  LOVE that song).

God, I loved watching the college students scream like children (especially the guys).   :rotf:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:49 PM »

I like it.  It's freaky and creepy and very cool!

Sets DVR

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:49 PM »

the whole dream thing isn't really that big of a problem, unless you remember your dreams at all . . . which I do with alarming detail. :whatever:

the weather channel sounds safe enough, but so did fox news until greta turned into a succubus one night and sucked my soul out of me.

You just gave me a photoshop idea or would that be f*cking with you? :-*

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »

or make...wha?

well, if you do it right, you can't tell if you're hearin' 'em or makin' em . . .  :-)

I can be grateful to have experienced this a time or two to validate that which you are saying :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »
I doubt anyone else remembers this, but several years ago, MTV had it's own Ghost-hunting show called "Fear."  (theme song was Godsmack's "VooDoo"  LOVE that song).

God, I loved watching the college students scream like children (especially the guys).   :rotf:
[/quote

I would have too...I love the scary stuff, but I get freaked out easy...damn they are in the woods now and hear heavy footsteps and laughter...if not for the happy disposition, I'd think they were hunting Rosie O.