Author Topic: I'm Rich! Ask Me Anything!  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Lord Undies

I'm Rich! Ask Me Anything!
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
My wife's company pays 48 cents per mile as a reimbursement for travel.  I don't really ever think about it.  We just pay as we go along and forget it. 

This morning I had an extra $1100.00 in my checking account.  After investigating, I learned it was a direct deposit from the company reimbursing for milage accumulated in November and December. 

I may do something wild with the money now that it has returned in a lump sum.   :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I'm Rich! Ask Me Anything!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
Just don't spend it all in one place.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Carbon credits man!!!! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »
Now you can come out this saturday and meet us.   :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Will you "take a limousine 'cause it costs more"?  :hyper: :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zksj_9wpvQM
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
I'm Rich! Ask Me Anything
Have you ever faked orgasm?  :-)
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
Posted by: franksolich

Just don't spend it all in one place.

So I'll have to use various betting windows at the track?

Posted by: DixieBelle

Carbon credits man!!!!

It does pay well!

Posted by: BEG

Now you can come out this saturday and meet us. 

Y'all are getting together this weekend?  Noone didn't tell me.

Posted by: ReardenSteel

Will you "take a limousine 'cause it costs more"?

I have a funny story from the last time I was in a limo.  Let's just say too many adult beverages made me break the mirror top of the bar with my butt.

Posted by: PatriotGame

Have you ever faked orgasm?

Is it really an orgasm if you fake it?   

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
I'm Rich! Ask Me Anything
Have you ever faked orgasm?  :-)

I'm not that good an actress. :uhsure:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:51 AM »
My wife's company pays 48 cents per mile as a reimbursement for travel.  I don't really ever think about it.  We just pay as we go along and forget it. 

This morning I had an extra $1100.00 in my checking account.  After investigating, I learned it was a direct deposit from the company reimbursing for milage accumulated in November and December. 

I may do something wild with the money now that it has returned in a lump sum.   :cheersmate:

Hilary would always love your monetary support.  :-*

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

I have a funny story from the last time I was in a limo.  Let's just say too many adult beverages made me break the mirror top of the bar with my butt.

That there is some good story!  :lmao: (unexpected too) All I can think to say is... congratulations.  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »

That there is some good story!  :lmao: (unexpected too) All I can think to say is... congratulations.  :cheersmate:

I'd like to say it was years and years ago, but it wasn't.  It happened in this century.  :innocent:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »

I'd like to say it was years and years ago, but it wasn't.  It happened in this century.  :innocent:

When you still looked like this?  :old:

*runs*

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:56 PM »

Maybe you could take the wife out to the best restaurant in town in a limo and appropriately attired. (limo redemption day)

Of course, blowing a windfall is not how most people stay "rich".  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »

Hey, you got my Tax "Rebate" check!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »

Maybe you could take the wife out to the best restaurant in town in a limo and appropriately attired. (limo redemption day)

I am suppose to see her this weekend.   Maybe we'll go to Denny's instead of the Waffle House.  Thanks for the idea!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 12:28:14 PM »

It has the same characteristics seeing how it is my own money coming back to me in a lump sum.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »

It has the same characteristics seeing how it is my own money coming back to me in a lump sum.

Ah, but for it to be the proper analogy you need to sent YOUR check to ME, since even though I didn't put the miles on my car, it isn't fair for you to get your mileage back and for me to get nothing.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »

Ah, but for it to be the proper analogy you need to sent YOUR check to ME, since even though I didn't put the miles on my car, it isn't fair for you to get your mileage back and for me to get nothing.

Is it ok if I'm  just ashamed I got it back?

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »

I am suppose to see her this weekend.   Maybe we'll go to Denny's instead of the Waffle House.  Thanks for the idea!

Make sure you tell her in a seductive voice to order anything on the menu and nothing is too good for his queen. :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »

Make sure you tell her in a seductive voice to order anything on the menu and nothing is too good for his queen. :-)

It won't impress her.  She already knows anything on the Seniors Menu is fair game.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 06:41:08 PM »

Lemme hold a dollar!   :hyper:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »

Lemme hold a dollar!   :hyper:

Ok.  It's in my front pocket but my hands are full.  Would you get it? 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »
I worked on a contract that paid me for mileage to drive all over the state.  Some weeks I made as much in mileage as I did in wages.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
My company just raised the rate to .505 per mile this year.  They wonder why I drive my own vehicle instead of renting one every time I travel.   :mental:
I put two Michelin tires on it last Saturday...paid cash from last weeks travel check.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »
My company just raised the rate to .505 per mile this year.  They wonder why I drive my own vehicle instead of renting one every time I travel.   :mental:
I put two Michelin tires on it last Saturday...paid cash from last weeks travel check.

They just raised my wife's rate starting Jan. 1.  I don't know what it is yet.  I'd be happy with 50 cents. :)