Author Topic: Windy Wednesday  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Flame

Windy Wednesday
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:05:49 AM »
(at least here in WV, anyway!)

I have an exciting day ahead!  I ge to go to the bank AND the grocery store, then I get to do the school pick-up routine!  Aren't I lucky???  :whatever:

Seriously, nothing unusual going on around here today, just the usual, excet I get to be blown around while I'm doing it! :-)
At least it's not freezing cold, it's just windy.

TOTD: Do you tend to be more graceful, or klutzy?  Any stories supporting your claim would be appreciated.  :popcorn:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Windy Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:20:10 AM »
I have to venture out in the snow and the cold and the wind to get some cigarettes some time this morning.

And probably some Purina dry cat-food too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »
same here, Flame...windy, cold enough that my wet hair started freezing on my head while I was opening the car doors, etc.

I have the day to myself, but will spend it organizing yet again. Daughter has a friend coming over after school and they are going to a school sponsored event tonight.

TOTD: Graceful...I'm just generally pretty good at saving myself from total embarrassment like a fall. Quick reflexes I expect.  :-)

Although I did topple my seat at work one time and I was wearing a dress.  :hyper: Did I mention I worked with a team that was 90 percent men too? LOL  :hammer: :rotf: Free show basically when that chair took its tumble.  :thatsright: :lmao:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »
The morning sun is shining like a red rubber ball.  The relentless wind of yesterday has moved on with a promise to return on the morrow.   

TOTD:  I am both.  It is one of those rare examples of how silly astrology has me pegged.  I am Gemini.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
Raining and windy on and off here.

TOTD--Klutzy.  I played end, guard, and tackle in HS football--sand on the end of the bench, guarded the water, tackled anyone that came by.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:42:43 AM »
Cold, rainy and otherwise nasty. Too tired to think, my daughter was up at 5 AM this moring hollering. She is even starting to bang on the wall to get my attention. Don't have any real plans today, it is too rainy to go out with the baby.

TOTD: Graceful, I think. I do bang my pinky toe alot though.

Offline jendf

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
TOTD:

Men, cover your ears..TMI Alert up ahead

I tend to get really klutzy right before my period. I don't know if it's due to a hormone imbalance or what but I start bumping into walls, desks, etc., stubbing my toes.

The rest of the month, I would like to think I'm as graceful as a ballerina.  :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »
TOTD: I am very klutzy. I'm short and left handed. The world is against me!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:57 AM »
TOTD: I am very klutzy. I'm short and left handed. The world is against me!!!

Don't look at it that way.  Maybe God was in a playful mood the day he made you.   :innocent:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »
^He's got a wicked sense of humor. I'm endless entertainment for family and friends. It's really a gift if you think about it. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
^He's got a wicked sense of humor. I'm endless entertainment for family and friends. It's really a gift if you think about it. :-)

You go, girl!  If not for people like you the whole world would be filled with just boring normal people like me.  :innocent:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
Cold wind blowing here in Richmond.

TOTD: More klutzy than not.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »
Nothing much going on here.  Went to the Writing Center for some assistance in developing an idea for a paper I have to write. 

TOTD:  Well, since I'm always wearing something with high heels (boots, these days) you'd think I had enough practice NOT to be a klutz.  :lmao: Nope.  I've been known to trip for no reason (nothing physical, like a curb, is there to trip me.  I can be walking and suddenly lose my balance for no reason at all.  It gets rather embarrassing, at times.   :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
Yay!  I love my job!  Let's have a party!

[youtube=425,350]Tt_oLEkKGSc[/youtube]

It's a Dumbass Party!  Yay!

TOTD:  I try to be graceful.  I usually end up failing miserably.  :-)

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

But you fail really well! :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »

It's nice to be good at something.

Good news, the Alpha Dumbass at work got busted doodling with a highlighter instead of actually working. 

And that 8-inch mohawk he puts up every morning takes time, so it's okay if he's a little late.  Like an hour and a half.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »

Good news, the Alpha Dumbass at work got busted doodling with a highlighter instead of actually working. 

And that 8-inch mohawk he puts up every morning takes time, so it's okay if he's a little late.  Like an hour and a half.

Where in the world do you work that allows someone wear a mohawk? That is fine for the clubs (I guess) but not in the workplace.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »
Nothing much going on here.  Went to the Writing Center for some assistance in developing an idea for a paper I have to write. 

TOTD:  Well, since I'm always wearing something with high heels (boots, these days) you'd think I had enough practice NOT to be a klutz.  :lmao: Nope.  I've been known to trip for no reason (nothing physical, like a curb, is there to trip me.  I can be walking and suddenly lose my balance for no reason at all.  It gets rather embarrassing, at times.   :thatsright:

Someday I will have to share the time I had 20 jello shots and tried to walk on platform shoes. :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

:rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »

Where in the world do you work that allows someone wear a mohawk? That is fine for the clubs (I guess) but not in the workplace.

I work in a warehouse.  Blech.

The largest part of the building is set up for shipping and recieving.  We (the people who actually fix the broken servers and laptops) get jammed in the corner next to the QC/QA people.  Alpha Dumbass is supposed to work on QA but spends most of his time wandering around doing nothing.

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »

I work in a warehouse.  Blech.

The largest part of the building is set up for shipping and recieving.  We (the people who actually fix the broken servers and laptops) get jammed in the corner next to the QC/QA people.  Alpha Dumbass is supposed to work on QA but spends most of his time wandering around doing nothing.

Oh, I love those people! I also love it when they try to tell you how to do your job while they do NOTHING all day.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:25:39 PM »
TOTD:  Klutz!  Two left feet and all thumbs, but hey ... they're green thumbs!  I noticed the daffodil's that I planted this fall have buds on them!  Can spring be far behind !?!