Author Topic: Ta ta tuesday  (Read 6260 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: Ta ta tuesday
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »
TOTD #1: Baltimore, it is just scummy

TOTD #2: Napalm...uh, in the morning.

War monger :naughty:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
I've never taken my kids to a ped...always a family Dr.  If you can find a good one, that's the way to go, IMO.

TOTD  hmmmm...I'm not big on cities, because I hate traffic, other than that I can't think of one place I went that I really disliked.

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

Oh I like honeysuckle too. There used to be a thicket of honeysuckle plants on our way to the grocery store when we lived in Maryland(along with blackberry vines too--I think they are vines) and being that my mother did not drive when I was a child, we walked the 3/4 mile or so to the grocery store and in the spring and summer she'd take us through that thicket. My mother showed us that we could pull the honeysuckle flowers off and they had a sweet nectar inside of them.

I had honeysuckle bushes at my elemertary school, we used to suck on the nectar all the time. :)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 12:37:20 PM »
I've never taken my kids to a ped...always a family Dr.  If you can find a good one, that's the way to go, IMO.

TOTD  hmmmm...I'm not big on cities, because I hate traffic, other than that I can't think of one place I went that I really disliked.

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

Oh I like honeysuckle too. There used to be a thicket of honeysuckle plants on our way to the grocery store when we lived in Maryland(along with blackberry vines too--I think they are vines) and being that my mother did not drive when I was a child, we walked the 3/4 mile or so to the grocery store and in the spring and summer she'd take us through that thicket. My mother showed us that we could pull the honeysuckle flowers off and they had a sweet nectar inside of them.

I had honeysuckle bushes at my elemertary school, we used to suck on the nectar all the time. :)

It's a nice memory isn't it, SO? *sigh*

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

I think I am going to plant some honeysuckle bushes in my backyard (when I get one) so my daughter can have the same memories with her little freinds like I did. I heard someone say that our sense of smell is the best memory, smells from childhood like Grandma's cookies or Mom's meatloaf. Pine-Sol makes me think of my great-grandma, she mopped her floor everyday with it.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

I think I am going to plant some honeysuckle bushes in my backyard (when I get one) so my daughter can have the same memories with her little freinds like I did. I heard someone say that our sense of smell is the best memory, smells from childhood like Grandma's cookies or Mom's meatloaf. Pine-Sol makes me think of my great-grandma, she mopped her floor everyday with it.

Yes, I'd agree that it is very strong link to memories. I have been both blessed and cursed with a really good sense of smell. I think my youngest does too since he smells EVERYTHING. It's weird.

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
OK... Here we go

City: Baghdad Iraq. Nuff said

Smell: I've always like the scents of Roses and Old Spice (not at the same time). Those 2 scents remind me of my grandparents.

The moment I smell either of those, I am instantly transported back 35 years. All I can think of is sitting at the piano with my Grandfather or snuggling in on my Grandmother's lap.
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »
OK... Here we go

Smell: I've always like the scents of Roses and Old Spice (not at the same time). Those 2 scents remind me of my grandparents.

The moment I smell either of those, I am instantly transported back 35 years. All I can think of is sitting at the piano with my Grandfather or snuggling in on my Grandmother's lap.

Aww, my dad wore Old Spice. That and pipe tobacco remind me of him before he went into bipolar mode as I call it.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
OK... Here we go

Aww, my dad wore Old Spice. That and pipe tobacco remind me of him before he went into bipolar mode as I call it.

I think everybody's daddy wore Old Spice in the 70s..  :-)

but yeah, that and his pipe.. you could smell him even when he wasnt there, very homey and comfy.

pipes are one thing, cigarettes are something nasty ... just to clarify.  :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »
OK... Here we go

I think everybody's daddy wore Old Spice in the 70s..  :-)

but yeah, that and his pipe.. you could smell him even when he wasnt there, very homey and comfy.

pipes are one thing, cigarettes are something nasty ... just to clarify.  :-)

Oh yes, the pipe was awesome. I thought the tobacco still smelled decent even when it was being smoked, but I remember going into tobacco shops and loving the smell of the tobacco in its various flavors. I'd always take the little satchel the tobacco came in and open it up and smell it. *sigh*

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
TOTD: Old Spice, coffee beans, Bounce laundry sheets, cherry vanilla tobacco that my granddad smoked

TOTD: Lima, Peru - dirty and downtrodden - not to mention rainy and grey because of it's location
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
TOTD 1: 
Washington, DC
I had car trouble once on the belt line and pulled off to a Texaco to get some water for the radiator.  I couldn't believe all the trash on the sides of the road, the hookers and pimps in the parking lot and the clerk was behind bullet proof glass.  All this just blocks from some of our nations most beloved monuments.  Disgusting.

TOTD 2:
Childhood; crayons.  I still love the way a new box smells.
Perfume; Body by Victoria -- delicious floral scent
Flower; Gardenia and lilac -- gardenia reminds me of our house in Ft. Bragg when I was a little kid ... Lilac was my Granny's favorite color and she had a bush in her yard that I loved

It's 63 degrees here today.  We'll be getting some much needed rain tonight.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 03:41:36 PM »
^still disgusting in D.C. sad to say....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
^still disgusting in D.C. sad to say....

I am not surpised.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 05:23:39 PM »
I work with retards.   :whatever:

Granted, the majority of them are under 25, but do they have to act like monkeys on crack?  Some stupid girl actually wanted to argue with me over the existence of Tennessee's illegal drug tax (yes, it exists) because her husband is a felon but "didn't have to pay no tax".  What class.  And they were all Democrats, so there was the requisite bitching and crying and un-funny jokes (IMMA VETO SUMTHIN!). 

Cretins.

TOTD:  I wear Old Spice.  And I didn't care for DC when I was there back in the 80's.  The place was filthy, even in winter.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »
Today was strange.  First, I apparently turned my alarm off this morning when I meant to hit snooze.  So I didn't get to work until close to 10.  Oops.  Then I finished the bank deposit stuff, and totally didn't have anything else to do all day.  I only got 2 checks in the mail.  So I boxed up some stuff that was in my office for storage.  And pretty much just piddle paddled around until almost 5 when I left.

And my boss made plans to take us to happy hour on Friday.  Woo hoo!

TOTD:  I've pretty much liked all the cities I've ever vacationed in, though wouldn't necessarily move there.

TOTD:  Clean sheets, Polo's Safari cologne, my sage & sweet grass I have in my Scentsy, and the way the boyfriend smells out of the shower.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »
With a title like that, this thread really oughta have some impressive tatones in it.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »
City: Boston. It's filthy and confusing to get around and I found the people incredibly snotty. And that was before I knew the long-winded, drunken idiot lived there.

Fragrance: I have a rose in my yard called Wise Portia (a very, very dark burgundy and smells very much like what Heaven must smell like...with or without the virgins). I also grow tons and tons of lavender because it has such a musky, clean scent.

Also there's a company called Tyler Candle that makes the best mixer melts I've ever found. Mediterranean Fig, French Market, Frosted Pomegranate are my favorites. For my own personal wear, Lauren or Liz Claiborne's Realities.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.