Author Topic: Ta ta tuesday  (Read 6259 times)

Offline jtyangel

Ta ta tuesday
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:25:18 AM »
Made you look!  :naughty:

Seriously though, it's a dreary day here, but warm at least for central OH in the winter. Should be 52.

I've got a lot of sorting and organizing to do today and a few bills. We are doing our taxes this weekend and the other half has his review in a week or so. Once all that is done, we can bring a contract for the basement. We don't finance anything, so it is going to wait until we can pay cash. It hurts paying up front, but I know 12 months out I'll be glad I'm not making a payment still on the basement repair. Also have to see if I can get a couple of teenage boys to come out here and help us regrade the land by the house. My husband's best friend is a high school football coach so I don't expect we'll have a hard time coming up with some youthful, strong young men to help out. We could do it ourselves, but this will make it a weekend project instead of a month long project.

TOTD: What city have you visited that you absolutely did not like and why?

Offline Flame

OK...here's the Tuesday thread, ya slackers!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:38 AM »
My day is totally messed up now...stupid 2 hour delay.  I WAS gonna go to the bank and grocery store, etc in the neighboring town, but now I won't have time, so that's down the drain.  Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Not sure why we had a delay...Mr Flame said something about icy rain, but it sure was fine when I woke up!

Tonight is basketball practice and dance.

TOTD:  What is your favorite scent?

Offline Flame

Re: Ta ta tuesday
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:29:15 AM »
oops, jty...need to combine some threads! :thatsright:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:42 AM »
oops, jty...need to combine some threads! :thatsright:

I'm going now :lmao: I need the practice anyway!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:53 AM »
I'll answer both TOTD

I hated LA--I found it dirty and crowded.

favorite scent: vanilla, spicy smells like cloves, cinnamon, etc

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »
no snow! the kids are back in school .. *happy dance*

TOTD: Los Angeles would probably be at the top of my list. I went with my husband for a week when he was on a business trip.. I thought it would be cool to hit some 'hot spots' and see some sites..

Yuck.. that city is disgustingly dirty with the rudest people i've ever met. There are a few streets in Beverly Hills that are nice, but overall.. I have no idea what the big draw is there. A city filled with 'celebrities' would not be my idea of a fun town..

Offline dixierat

• All the Way, any day.
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:42 AM »

Seriously though, it's a dreary day here, but warm at least for central OH in the winter. Should be 52.

I've got a lot of sorting and organizing to do today and a few bills. We are doing our taxes this weekend and the other half has his review in a week or so. Once all that is done, we can bring a contract for the basement. We don't finance anything, so it is going to wait until we can pay cash. It hurts paying up front, but I know 12 months out I'll be glad I'm not making a payment still on the basement repair. Also have to see if I can get a couple of teenage boys to come out here and help us regrade the land by the house. My husband's best friend is a high school football coach so I don't expect we'll have a hard time coming up with some youthful, strong young men to help out. We could do it ourselves, but this will make it a weekend project instead of a month long project.

Foreign: Ishtanbul. NASTY when I was there (77-78
Domestic: I ain't much into cities. I sure didn't care for LA or NY. Philly and Pittsburgh were no fun, either.
“Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters… We are lucky to have them… They make the battle. Ah, but the one, one of them is a Warrior… and he will bring the others back.” Hericletus, circa 500BC

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
Good Morning everyone.  I was up early today, but I'm still sitting here in my pajamas drinking coffee.  Off to slow start  :whatever:  I have plenty of work waiting for me today, and two meetings so hopefully work will go by fast  :cheersmate:

TOTD:  I really disliked New York when I visited it.  People seemed rude, and there were too many super tall buildings.  It made me feel kind of claustrophobic.

TOTD:  Cinnamon probably. 

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:09:41 AM »
Morning all. Still in search for the One, still trying to find a dr. for my baby. We thought we might have found one and got directions from Yahoo, big mistake. They moved and didn't tell Yahoo about it. Might have found a family doctor, I will call when it gets to be 9 here.

TOTD 1: I went though Pittsburg once. I hated it, thought it was dirty and nasty and it stunk really bad. They got some issues with the river there.

TOTD 2: I like vanilla, jasmine, and lavender. I really like Coolwater on my hubby.  :naughty:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »

Foreign: Ishtanbul. NASTY when I was there (77-78
Domestic: I ain't much into cities. I sure didn't care for LA or NY. Philly and Pittsburgh were no fun, either.

Yeah, besides dirty--rundown and depressing turns me off too--you couple rundown with the gray of a winter and blah...there are parts of Baltimore--large parts of Baltimore like that

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:12:39 AM »
Good Morning everyone.  I was up early today, but I'm still sitting here in my pajamas drinking coffee.  Off to slow start  :whatever:  I have plenty of work waiting for me today, and two meetings so hopefully work will go by fast  :cheersmate:

TOTD:  I really disliked New York when I visited it.  People seemed rude, and there were too many super tall buildings.  It made me feel kind of claustrophobic.

TOTD:  Cinnamon probably. 

My husband lived in NYC and loved it. I felt like it was a nice place to visit to do something different, but I could never live there..it was too noisy and crowded and I hated the way the wind tunneled through the buildings. I didn't like that feeling of having to look up to see the sky either when we were in the city itself.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Morning all. Still in search for the One, still trying to find a dr. for my baby. We thought we might have found one and got directions from Yahoo, big mistake. They moved and didn't tell Yahoo about it. Might have found a family doctor, I will call when it gets to be 9 here.

TOTD 1: I went though Pittsburg once. I hated it, thought it was dirty and nasty and it stunk really bad. They got some issues with the river there.

TOTD 2: I like vanilla, jasmine, and lavender. I really like Coolwater on my hubby.  :naughty:

If you like he family doctor, why not take her there to start. You might actually prefer them to a pediatrician.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »

If you like he family doctor, why not take her there to start. You might actually prefer them to a pediatrician.

LOL! That is who I am calling and hopefully taking today. I like the idea of a family doctor. Thank you for the thought. :)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 09:16:55 AM »
Cold and windy as hell here. Doesn't help I got a couple interviews today, so I'm hoping my suit and hair don't get messed up. After that, we're expecting our taxes to come in, so we might go out and celebrate. But if not today, then tomorrow.

Nastiest city I've ever been in? Cincinnati. My uncle took me and my brother to a Reds' game but before that we went to a local rib and BBQ joint on the South Side of the city.... and there was a dude lying either dead or unconscious on the sidewalk. Poked him with a stick, but ol' dude wasn't moving at all. Weird. The traffic was a mess, except for around the stadium the city looked dirty. It was a mess. As a matter of fact, there were a couple bums begging outside the parking lot too.

TOTD2: Coffee. I love the smell of coffee. Everytime I go to the grocery store, I make an effort just to walk by the coffee and tea aisle to get a big whiff.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »

LOL! That is who I am calling and hopefully taking today. I like the idea of a family doctor. Thank you for the thought. :)

YW...I'm thinking of switching all mine to our family doctor soon. My mother even goes to him. I like the idea because with 3 generations he's got a good history of medical propensities. Plus, I like the idea of doctor that knows us as a family...just seems like a better repore can be built that way.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »
1)  I HATED Montreal...  the only city where I was spit on for being a US citizen.  (yes, I was spit on in the face for it by some street bum for being an American).  Not to mention, if I asked for directions/assistance, I got nasty looks, as if I should be dead for intruding on their air, and other than around the Notre Dame cathedral (or whatever the name was, the city looked like _nobody_ cared to clean it up. 

(To be fair to Canadians, I LOVED Toronto and Ottawa when I was in those two cities... friendliest people I think I had ever encountered north of the Mason-Dixon line, including vs. some US cities.)

2) favorite scent... hmm.. I'd have to think about that one, but I'll say freshly roasted coffee beans.

Offline guest

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »
Not doing much here today.  Just going to school.  Nothing new.

TOTD:    I have flown into Detroit to visit someone, but we managed to get out of there pretty quickly.  :o

TOTD: Favorite scent?  Well, I do enjoy being asked why I smell like a pomegranate... lol   

It's called Midnight Pomegranate.  I get asked all the time where I got it.  A scent that differs from the norm, but still very pleasant.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:50:02 AM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline jendf

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:03 AM »
A beautiful day here in Phoenix.

TOTD: Bisbee, Arizona...it was creepy, like something out of a Stephen King novel. And the lady that ran the bed 'n' breakfast we stayed at was cookoo.

TOTD: Plumeria...it reminds me of my trip to Hawaii. Awesome memories...

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:02:27 AM »
Warm and weird here.  It's like a tornado is due.

TOTD#1:  I don't know.  I find something to like about every place.  My naturally sunny disposition allows me to see the good and ignore the bad.  Houston probably come closest to testing my wonderful nature.

TOTD#2:  Gardenia.  I had a blooming gardenia bush outside my bedroom window as I was growing up.  I could open the window and enjoy that wonderful bouquet all day and night.  That constant aroma therapy is probably responsible for me being the person I am today.

Offline Flame

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
I've never taken my kids to a ped...always a family Dr.  If you can find a good one, that's the way to go, IMO.

TOTD  hmmmm...I'm not big on cities, because I hate traffic, other than that I can't think of one place I went that I really disliked.

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »
Damn.

We finally got one of those legendary Nebraska winters going, but only for today and part of tomorrow.

Temperature right now is -2 F, and a 45-50 mph wind from the north.

And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of snow, snow drifting all over the place.

The William Rivers Pitt, usually a prominence, is currently a dent.

It's been colder than this before, but no snow.

There's been more snow than this before, but no below-zero temperatures.

Right now, we got all three here in the Sandhills of Nebraska; subcold, snow, and high winds.

Whatever.

Spring arrives in two weeks, at least here.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Damn.

We finally got one of those legendary Nebraska winters going, but only for today and part of tomorrow.

Temperature right now is -2 F, and a 45-50 mph wind from the north.

And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of snow, snow drifting all over the place.

That snow is supposed to be making it's way over to us by Thursday... can you go pull out your mighty superpowers and keep it over there?  Please?????

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
TOTD #1  Atlantic City, NJ...what a dump.

TOTD #2  Fresh baked bread, cinnamon, coffee.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »
TOTD #1: Baltimore, it is just scummy

TOTD #2: Napalm...uh, in the morning.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »
I've never taken my kids to a ped...always a family Dr.  If you can find a good one, that's the way to go, IMO.

TOTD  hmmmm...I'm not big on cities, because I hate traffic, other than that I can't think of one place I went that I really disliked.

TOTD  I love honeysuckle

Oh I like honeysuckle too. There used to be a thicket of honeysuckle plants on our way to the grocery store when we lived in Maryland(along with blackberry vines too--I think they are vines) and being that my mother did not drive when I was a child, we walked the 3/4 mile or so to the grocery store and in the spring and summer she'd take us through that thicket. My mother showed us that we could pull the honeysuckle flowers off and they had a sweet nectar inside of them.