Author Topic: The Un-Bouncy  (Read 2088 times)

Offline redwhit

The Un-Bouncy
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
It was an amazing sight.  I had to go buy some new clothes yesterday and there were televisions tuned to FOX outside the dressing rooms.  Oddly enough, there were no complaints, fits, seizures, whining, conversions, cops in bushes, soup cans impacting skulls, wailing, or gnashing of teeth.  Just people trying on clothes.  Those who were with the people trying on clothes watched the television quietly while their friends were in the dressing room and left when the trying on of the clothes was complete.

Just by reading DU, it seems impossible I know.  And I was shopping in the Will Pitt part of the world.  :o

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: The Un-Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:41 AM »
Oddly enough, there were no complaints, fits, seizures, whining, conversions, cops in bushes, soup cans impacting skulls, wailing, or gnashing of teeth. 

Now what fun is that?  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline redwhit

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »
Oddly enough, there were no complaints, fits, seizures, whining, conversions, cops in bushes, soup cans impacting skulls, wailing, or gnashing of teeth. 

Now what fun is that?  :-)
NONE!  And I was hoping for some cheap entertainment when I saw what was on the tube!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:27 AM »
You mean there were no spontaneous conversions to liberalism?  :thatsright:

Offline redwhit

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »
You mean there were no spontaneous conversions to liberalism?  :thatsright:

Nobody even got a little red in the face!  How is such a thing possible in an area as "reality-based" as this one?

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:32:28 AM »
Not a single cop jumping out of even ONE bush?! I find that hard to believe.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
And I was shopping in the Will Pitt part of the world.  :o

You went shopping for clothes at Bukowski's?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »
And I was shopping in the Will Pitt part of the world.  :o

You went shopping for clothes at Bukowski's?

Maybe that's why they smelled funny . . .

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 01:39:42 AM »
I have a tale of woe that parallels your own.  A tale that reaches back to the Alabama gubernatorial race of ’06.  I have always wanted to present this frightening story in response to Bouncy’s in the past, but the fear I felt that day, combined with my general incompetence as a typist, has kept me silent.

Twas’ late August in Southern Alabama.  A 100 degree day with 99 percent humidity.  I hid in my house from the obvious Global Warming and attempted to watch a baseball game, while simultaneously feeling guilty about my carbon footprint, my consumption of GWB’s ill-gotten oil and the fact that starving children all over the world didn’t have air-conditioning.

A knock came at the door….I was afraid.  Only a minion of Hell, or an illegal, would be out on a day like this.  I checked my supply of Holy Water, crucifixes and ammunition at the front door before looking outside.

I peeked out the window expecting the worst.  Of course, the demon came camouflaged.  Standing on my front porch was a middle-aged woman, about my age, and a young teenaged girl.  My blood ran cold.

I reached for the door-knob, wondering what evil I was going to invite in my house.  I didn’t have to wait long to find out….It was my greatest fear, the fear that wakes my in the middle of the night screaming.  It was a woman who was campaigning for her husband for the Governor’s race.  And her daughter.  And they were Democrats.

I froze for a brief moment in their presence.  While they issued their extremely polite and non-confrontation spiel, I was reduced to politely responding “Yes Ma’am” and “No Ma’am” to their demonic message.  Ultimately I accepted the brochures and campaign literature they foisted on me.  The evil had entered my house.

I knew the demon had possessed me when I asked them if either of them would like a cold drink of water or lemonade, as the day was extremely hot.  They declined, however the teenager asked if I had a bottled water.  Bottled water???...In Southern Alabama???….obviously they sought to put a Starbuck’s next-door to me….Bastards.

Fortunately, I did have some bottled water in my fridge…bottled water purchased at WAL-MART!!!!  This water, in and of it-self, was sufficient to overcome the supernatural forces at work and swing the election to Governor Riley.

THE END….or is it????

p.s.  For the record, the wife and teenaged daughter of one the Democratic candidates for Alabama Governor in 2006 did visit my house on a very hot day.  They were very polite and non-moonbattish.  I asked them if they would like some refreshments.  The daughter did ask for a water.  No conversions followed.  I would request that I get a +1 on the Bouncy scale due to the fact that my entire front porch is surrounded by bushes.  It is, therefore, quite accurate to state that two Democrats jumped (well walked) out of bushes (well near bushes) to end up on my front porch.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »
I have a tale of woe that parallels your own.  A tale that reaches back to the Alabama gubernatorial race of ’06.  I have always wanted to present this frightening story in response to Bouncy’s in the past, but the fear I felt that day, combined with my general incompetence as a typist, has kept me silent.

Twas’ late August in Southern Alabama.  A 100 degree day with 99 percent humidity.  I hid in my house from the obvious Global Warming and attempted to watch a baseball game, while simultaneously feeling guilty about my carbon footprint, my consumption of GWB’s ill-gotten oil and the fact that starving children all over the world didn’t have air-conditioning.

A knock came at the door….I was afraid.  Only a minion of Hell, or an illegal, would be out on a day like this.  I checked my supply of Holy Water, crucifixes and ammunition at the front door before looking outside.

I peeked out the window expecting the worst.  Of course, the demon came camouflaged.  Standing on my front porch was a middle-aged woman, about my age, and a young teenaged girl.  My blood ran cold.

I reached for the door-knob, wondering what evil I was going to invite in my house.  I didn’t have to wait long to find out….It was my greatest fear, the fear that wakes my in the middle of the night screaming.  It was a woman who was campaigning for her husband for the Governor’s race.  And her daughter.  And they were Democrats.

I froze for a brief moment in their presence.  While they issued their extremely polite and non-confrontation spiel, I was reduced to politely responding “Yes Ma’am” and “No Ma’am” to their demonic message.  Ultimately I accepted the brochures and campaign literature they foisted on me.  The evil had entered my house.

I knew the demon had possessed me when I asked them if either of them would like a cold drink of water or lemonade, as the day was extremely hot.  They declined, however the teenager asked if I had a bottled water.  Bottled water???...In Southern Alabama???….obviously they sought to put a Starbuck’s next-door to me….Bastards.

Fortunately, I did have some bottled water in my fridge…bottled water purchased at WAL-MART!!!!  This water, in and of it-self, was sufficient to overcome the supernatural forces at work and swing the election to Governor Riley.

THE END….or is it????

p.s.  For the record, the wife and teenaged daughter of one the Democratic candidates for Alabama Governor in 2006 did visit my house on a very hot day.  They were very polite and non-moonbattish.  I asked them if they would like some refreshments.  The daughter did ask for a water.  No conversions followed.  I would request that I get a +1 on the Bouncy scale due to the fact that my entire front porch is surrounded by bushes.  It is, therefore, quite accurate to state that two Democrats jumped (well walked) out of bushes (well near bushes) to end up on my front porch.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :cheersmate:
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline redwhit

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:24:49 AM »
BamaMoose is the undisputed champion  :bow:
That was birlliant!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »
Very funny guys. I'll give first place to Bama just because of the involvement of one of Satan's minions.  :-)

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »
TY for the compliments.  Although I just realized that I forgot to start my Bouncy with the word "So...".  Guess I have some remedial work to do.