Author Topic: How I flipped two Southern Trumpians on the Caravan "Issue"  (Read 922 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
How I flipped two Southern Trumpians on the Caravan "Issue"
« on: October 25, 2018, 07:37:00 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211311935

We've got a genius on our hands here.  I doubt any republican will ever hold office if this kind of thinking ever gets out ...  :rotf:

Tue Oct 23, 2018, 06:04 PM
Land Shark (6,259 posts)

How I flipped two Southern Trumpians on the Caravan "Issue"

Two Trump supporters got into my rideshare car and were talking about the caravan. "What are we gonna do when these crooks in the 7000 person caravan reach our border?"

I replied: "This may not be what you're expecting, but everyone knows crooks are lazy. Crooks ain't gonna walk no 2,500 additional miles under a hot Mexican sun. So I say anyone who makes it we can process their application under due process and the rule of law."

One southern Trumpeter laughed, and then admitted crooks are lazy. The he said, "yeah, if they make it that far, I suppose we can just let them all in."

Note: by imagining the actual journey involved here, along with its risks and consequences over 2,500 miles, these couple of people otherwise disposed to a fearful militarized response flipped to an open borders position, whereas i had only advocated for due process (where some would likely get in, others not). The flip occurred, imo, because fear of crooks was removed and the frame altered so that they had to think about human beings walking 2,500 miles in the hot sun, and what that means...

No fear, no Trumpian positions.

Uh, we're in trouble.  We cannot let this post be seen!!  This could spell the end of Trump!  He talked for less than 10 seconds and had Trumpians ready to vote for open borders!

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: How I flipped two Southern Trumpians on the Caravan "Issue"
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 08:17:55 AM »
And as Luber-driver Land Shark drove off the two "Trumpians" were :rotf:  :rotf: and saying, "I think he really believed us!"

Hmmmm ... did any Caver-moles use a ride-sharing service around that time?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
So I say anyone who makes it we can process their application under due process and the rule of law."

I agree.  International refugee law is quite clear: The applicant MUST apply at the FIRST country that allows them entry after leaving their country of origin.

This means that the refugees from Honduras MUST return to Guatemala to apply.  Strangely enough this means that Guatemalans must apply in Mexico.

It has already been established Mexicans cannot apply for political refuge.  All they can do is apply for a Green Card.

So we have NO requirement to even see these people.  They will remain in Mexico, maybe forever.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
These 2 guys were messing with this DUmmie..  DUmmies obviously do not get sarcasm...