Author Topic: If you met me, a white haired almost 69 yo short woman, TNNurse  (Read 1687 times)

Offline CC27

TNNurse (3,062 posts)

If you met me, a white haired almost 69 yo short woman,

you might not expect how foul my mouth can be. I have been erratic over the years over which curse words I am willing to use. A great guy in college over 50 years ago wore me down chanting the "f" word in my ear until he heard me saying it. I gave it up again for awhile, but sometimes it is the only one that fits the occasion.

The last few times I have seen video of Trey Gowdy speaking in the US House of Representatives he has said a variety of mild curse words....damn, hell, shit. Yesterday in a hearing he said : I do not give a damn. In personal and social situations these words pass right by. HOWEVER: This is his workplace, it is televised and he is supposed to be representing the people who elected him.
If I managed for 37 years to not curse in my job ( and trust me there were millions of reasons and opportunities), he should be able to do the same.

**** him.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210863626

So what? **** you! How do you like that?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: If you met me, a white haired almost 69 yo short woman, TNNurse
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »
"Damn" is a "curse" word?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:53 AM »
This was thread-worthy on DU?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:37:03 AM »
If Hollywood was able to get “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” past the censers in 1939, then I hardly think that a “damn” in the House of Representatives in 2018 is worth any hoopla.

And as an aside, I’ve cursed more since I became a nurse 6 years ago than I did in my entire life before my career change. There are few times that “****” is more appropriate than when your realize that your fresh open heart patient just dumped half a liter of blood in their chest tube. Or when you look up at the monitor for the patient you are giving in report on and see that their heart rate just dropped to the 20’s. Rarely in front of patients, but most of my coworkers have heard me curse at this point.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:07:51 AM by Celtic Rose »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »
If Hollywood was able to get “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” past the censers in 1939, then I hardly think that a “damn” in the House of Representatives in 2018 is worth any hoopla.

And as an aside, I’ve cursed more since I became a nurse 6 years ago than I did in my entire life before my career change. There are few times that “****” is more appropriate than when your realize that your fresh open heart patient just dumped half a liter of blood in their chest tube. Or when you look up at the monitor for the patient you are giving in report on and see that their heart rate just dropped to the 20’s. Rarely in front of patients, but most of my coworkers have heard me curse at this point.

I doubt those are the principle events that inspired TNNurse's F-bombs, and I'm guessing she's retired now. She's probably the sort of Prog who cannot say the names "Reagan", "Bush", or "Trump" without appending an F-bomb before and/or after.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
TNNurse (3,062 posts)

you might not expect how foul my mouth can be.
You are a DUmmie, we sort of expect it.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »

Milady, I think--and I doubt anyone here would disagree--that those occurrences warrant the use of a 'colorful metaphor.' :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
TNNurse (3,062 posts)

If you met me, a white haired almost 69 yo short fat, ugly, bad tempered, always angry, and foul smellingwoman,

you might not expect how foul my mouth can be.But since I am a liberal / progressive democrat lying bitch, I can out swear the 7th Fleet.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
A perfect illustration.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
TNNurse (3,062 posts)

you might not expect how foul my mouth can be. I have been erratic over the years over which curse words I am willing to use. A great guy in college over 50 years ago wore me down chanting the "f" word in my ear until he heard me saying it. I gave it up again for awhile, but sometimes it is the only one that fits the occasion.

The last few times I have seen video of Trey Gowdy speaking in the US House of Representatives he has said a variety of mild curse words....damn, hell, shit. Yesterday in a hearing he said : I do not give a damn. In personal and social situations these words pass right by. HOWEVER: This is his workplace, it is televised and he is supposed to be representing the people who elected him.
If I managed for 37 years to not curse in my job ( and trust me there were millions of reasons and opportunities), he should be able to do the same.

**** him.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210863626

**** you, DUmmie. :bird:

Offline Rufus2010

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

You are not a short 69 yo woman with white hair are you?

;)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
So here's what I got out of this.  She's 69 years old and has a 37 year work experience.   That means she didn't start working until 32.  Did mom and dad finally kick her out of the basement.   I'm 58, I have 42 years of work experience

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »
A perfect illustration.

H5,   :cheersmate:the quintessential liberal / progressive in the making. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
You are not a short 69 yo woman with white hair are you?

;)

I did find a white hair recently  :bawl:  but no, more on the 30 someting, tall redhead side of things  :cheersmate:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
I did find a white hair recently  :bawl:  but no, more on the 30 someting, tall redhead side of things  :cheersmate:

IOW, 'Hawt.' :whistling: :fuelfire: :-) :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
TNNurse (3,062 posts)

**** him.

And DUmbass, while you waste all this energy on hate and other negativity, the beauty of it all is that President Trump has no idea who you are and whether you exist.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »
So here's what I got out of this.  She's 69 years old and has a 37 year work experience.   That means she didn't start working until 32.  Did mom and dad finally kick her out of the basement.   I'm 58, I have 42 years of work experience

She probably started  working at 23 and "retired" at 60 when she went on disability. The typical DUmmie career path although most skip the working part and go right to disability.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 03:24:15 PM »
That description of herself made me think of Radagast from the Hobbit
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 05:42:32 PM »
"Damn" is a "curse" word?

I imagine you are being sarcastic...

But, just in case:

The full meaning of the word is a request made to the Almighty that, whatever entity is named following the word (or a spoken or silent "it", while retaining the identity of the "it" in your mind) be damned to an eternity in Hell.

I try not to use it, or any name of a holy Person or thing (and yes, Hell is holy).

Mere vulgarity, ancient English superseded by civilized French after 1066, is fair game to me though I limit its use in polite company lest I be mistaken for a shit-head.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels