Author Topic: Extended family relative upset about cuts to healthcare....  (Read 551 times)

Online CC27

Mon Jul 9, 2018, 01:00 PM
Honeycombe8 (28,258 posts)

Extended family relative upset about cuts to healthcare....

My brother tells me that an extended family relative (and wife), who are big users of Obamacare (back surgeries, medications, diabetes, you name it), are upset about Trump's cuts to healthcare.

After he tells me this, I say, well...it's not surprising. He ran on the repealing of Obamacare, after all. What did they think would happen? Who did they vote for (I say, knowing full well they wouldn't have voted for Clinton)?

My brother says he doesn't know.

I tell my brother that I think it's unlikely they voted for Clinton. Brother agrees there's no way they would have voted for Clinton.

So I tell him..well, then. Either they voted for Trump or they didn't vote. So they don't have a right to complain.

(Those relatives are hard core far-righters...Medicaid users are deadbeats, libruls are evil, gay rights are sh*t, it's fine to incarcerate kids of illegal immigrants - it's their own fault, the Clintons kill children and are evil and those emails!)

But when their healthcare is threatened by Trump (pre-existing conditions, subsidies from govt to ins cos have been temporarily halted, etc.), NOW they are upset? Nothing he's done to other people before now has given them pause? The grabbing of women, the misogyny, the "fine people" comments about Nazi sympathizers, the hiring of racists into the administration, the alienation of our allies, praising dictators who murder and starve people, etc. None of that gave them pause? Disgusting.

This shows how much attention they paid to Trump's campaign. They just heard the rhetoric about brown people, and America First, and a wall, and jobs, and didn't hear or pay attention to anything else.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210846496

Your bouncy did not start with "SO". Learn DUmmie.