Author Topic: DUmmy Yardwork posts the TRUTH on DU and gets Recs for it.  (Read 762 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210827451
My words are in RED.
Star Member yardwork (46,818 posts) (his name is Yardwork because of all the weed he pulls)

Ignorance is destroying America.
Our country is being destroyed from within because too many of us believe things that are simply not true.

Decades of hate radio, Fox News, and internet websites pushing "information" that is the opposite of the truth have resulted in millions of Americans who firmly believe falsehoods. Here we see the innate authoritarian urge to purge all opposition viewpoints from ever being heard, Censorship is always at the heart of anything Liberal.

Examples of FALSEHOODS believed by half the country include:

Immigrants are stealing our jobs and bringing disease and violence to our country. (ILLEGAL immigrants, thank you. and its crime that they bring)

Christianity is under attack. (By Liberals. Very true)

There is an epidemic of violence in the "inner cities" (a reference to African American neighborhoods).
(Again True. No argument here.)

Liberals want to take money away from "hardworking real Americans" (a reference to rural whites) and give it to people who don't work (dog whistle). (True, Hillary said this, This has been repeated by you Lefties all the time. Are you surprised that we listen to you?)

Hillary Clinton is the most corrupt individual to ever run for office. (True. Thank God for Trump. He may well have been our last chance.)

Hillary Clinton planned to go to war. (She never said this, but I believe we would have been at war by now if she was president.)

Climate change is not a very big problem. (True, its propaganda designed to give power to authoritarians and remove freedom.)

Obama destroyed the economy and our reputation in the world. (True.)

Democratic politicians are stupid and corrupt. (True. This guy isn't tombstoned yet?)

(Believed by many on the left, who don't understand that majority rules in Congress) - Democrats are weak because they're not fixing all these problems. (True. I'm not aware of Democrats fixing any problems.)

Trump is fixing all these problems. Trump is making America safe and prosperous again for "people who are willing to work." (MAGA Baby!Thank God for Trump!)

I'm not sure how to turn this around other than GET OUT THE VOTE among those of us who have the facts. (California is giving drivers licenses to illegals as fast as they can.)

This is no time for purism. The Democrats need to regain the majority. It's our only hope. (Again true. But to win elections you have to offer more than impotent rage.)

OK, who's mole is this? Posting truth on DU and getting recs for it? You are brilliant!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:58:06 PM by Mr Mannn »

Offline zeitgeist

Re: DUmmy Yardwork posts the TRUTH on DU and gets Recs for it.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »
Oh boy, this thread should be sent to the NEA 'cause the wheels on the bus go round and round and under it they go.

Publik Edukation and Hooked on Phonix works for me. :rotf:

judesedit (1,686 posts)

13. Research "The Dumbing Down of America". It's been advised many times.

Once you do, you will understand. It is a real program started in the 40's to make sure kids learned and expressed only what they were taught. No facts necessary. No free-thinking. No descenting. You fail the grade if you don't tow the line. No joke. You are now seeing the results. It's basically called brainwashing.
An has been in liberal hands ever since.  But hey, why would that be a problem?   :argh:
LAS14 (4,932 posts)

51. Soon after the 2016 election I began thinking that...

... the real burden is on the educational system. We've GOT TO educate our populace to THINK. If we don't, we're going to lose our democracy.

Public education is not about to sign on to this anytime soon. 

Star Member jimlup (6,008 posts)

54. We actually don't have to "regain the majority" - we already are!

We just have to enforce that. It is a cold civil war in my opinion. The Republicans are NOT a majority. They are a serous MINORITY party who has wrestled control by being belligerent ill mannered assholes beyond what we could have imagined AND by kissing the asses of of the plutocrats.

We must GET OUT THE VOTE and fight like crazy at every Jerry Mandering and voter purge done by the anti-democracy Reptilians.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Deep Thought here.  (aka Jerry Mandering)

Response to yardwork (Original post)Wed Jul 4, 2018, 08:33 PM
Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (6,205 posts)

55. I don't think it's people on the left who don't understand that majority rules in Congress.

And almost everyone here is registered and votes regularly. But there are those who quite honestly believe their vote doesn't count, which is actually true at the Presidential level to a large extent. If your state is going to go Republican for the President, the only point in bothering to vote for the Democrat for that office is to make the margin of victory one vote less. Same for the opposite (a Republican in a largely Democratic state). Every other office your vote does count.

An essential underlying problem is that history is very badly taught in this country, and even the best of news programming or newspapers tends to report all news in a vacuum, as if there was nothing leading up to whatever is being presented or written about. Worse, people tend to be quite proud of their lack of knowledge of history.

Frost that cake with the frosting of people not reading very much, or if they do read it's Game of Thrones or the latest Tom Clancy thriller, never a bit of non fiction of any kind, you have a truly ignorant electorate.

The movies are great medicine.  DUmmies love 'em some Mikie Mooreon. 

Party on Garth. (or should that be Goth?) :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
>we're going to lose our democracy.

You misspelled "Constitutional Republic" you absolute leftist retread.  Whack your poison aching seed in Europe nitwit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 10:10:03 PM »
Jerry Mander was a local DJ years ago.

That was almost as piss poor as "Marshall" Law.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender