Author Topic: primitives describe things that never happened  (Read 5019 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives describe things that never happened
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:37:25 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210513797

Oh my.

And thanks to FunkyZero, who found this for me.

And question: how come Lamond, the MrsCorpio primitive, never posts on black people's threads?

EffieBlack (7,662 posts)     Thu Apr 19, 2018, 08:10 AM

DUers of Color: Tell Your Story

There have been several discussions the past few days about the incident in which two black men were arrested for "defiant trespass" at a Starbucks on the command of a white manager because they didn't buy anything while waiting for a friend. Some of the discussions have been very interesting and enlightening, but there has also been a very troubling level of dismissal by some who have denied the existence of rampant discrimination against African Americans - in fact, some have actually blamed US for not being more compliant with the police or for unfairly blaming white people for racism where it doesn't exist.

It is clear that, despite considering themselves progressives, many Democrats just aren't aware of the racial dynamics in this country, perhaps because they've never actually experienced or witnessed it themselves.

So, I thought it would be helpful for DUers of color to tell our stories, to offer examples of how we've encountered discrimination, profiling or other indignities and to describe how this felt and/or how it affected you.

I also invite white DUers to share incidents that they have witnessed affecting their minority friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

I suggest this, not to start any kind of racial battle on this board, but to help more people understand the situation we've been trying to describe and address.

If you don't have a story to share that can help illuminate this discussion, please simply read and think about the posts without pushing back on them. Please don't step in to challenge or argue with any of us who are trying to tell our stories. This thread is not intended to start any argument or any kind of flame war. I am trying to help people LEARN.

Please let this be a positive learning experience for all of us.

So, I'll start -

I have so many examples - it could be a book - it's hard to pick one, but here goes:

A few years ago, I parked in my reserved parking spot at work. When I got out of my car, I was approached by a middle-aged white man I'd seen around the building before. He told me that space was reserved and that I would have to move my car. I politely told him that I was fine parking there, but thank you. He insisted that I move, that I wasn't supposed to be there. I again told him that I was fine parking there and started toward the building. He jumped in front of me, essentially body-blocking me and told me that if I didn't move my car right now, dammit, he was going to have it towed. I said nothing, walked around him and went to work.

When I got to my office, I picked up the phone and called his boss and told him what happened. His boss was mortified. He called me back a few minutes later to tell me that he had read the guy the riot act. "Do you know who she is?! She is MY boss's boss's BOSS!. You just rolled up and confronted the MOST SENIOR PERSON IN THE ORGANIZATION!"

Yes, this middle-level manager, about four rungs down the organizational chart from me, felt perfectly entitled to tell me, a senior executive who was parking in MY OWN DAMNED SPACE that I had no right to park there, demanded that I move and threatened me physically. No one will ever be able to convince me that he would have done this - or even THINK of doing this - to a white person, male or female. He saw my black face and it never even occurred to him that it was even possible that I deserved to be there. And he felt that he had all the right in the world to challenge me.

His boss asked me if I thought the man should be reprimanded. I told him no - he probably didn't know any better but having something this embarrassing happen to him probably got his attention. I suggest that he send him to diversity and inclusion training, which he did.

I left not long after that so I don't know what happened to him. But I do like to think that every time he remembers this incident, he cringes and is reminded not to make judgments about people of color and certainly not to wave his privilege around in our faces.

Fortunately, in this situation, I was in a position to address the situation and shut him down. Many of us don't have that advantage. But it's an example of how these attitudes affect people of color, regardless where we are on the socio-economic ladder.

Ok, y'all - YOUR TURN

It's a long thread, miles long.

Mostly white primitives insisting that yeah, white people are racist, but they themselves are an exception.

I'm not going bring over the tales the primitives posted, but really, the thread's well worth reading in the original at the link, above.

But there's this:

raccoon (26,152 posts)     Thu Apr 19, 2018, 12:07 PM

32. Yes, women and minorities are used to be questioned and challenged.

For the most part, white men aren't accustomed to that. Some of them get defensive when challenged.

Okay.  For those who don't know, franksolich is deaf; I was born that way, due to my mother's exposure to a principal ingredient of Accutane (Accutane didn't exist at the time).  I've always purposely worn my hair long and unkempt, because I'd rather have people point and stare, "hey, look at that guy with the really messy hair," rather than point and stare, "hey, get a load of that guy who doesn't have any ears."

Other than the way I wear my hair, I look average, utterly average.

But what I can't cover up is my voice, which is flat and slow and shallow like the Platte River, on whose banks I was born and raised.

Never having heard a voice, I have no idea what most speech is "supposed" to sound like, which adds hesitancy to thie voice too.

So the Effie primitive's whining about being something she isn't (a black woman occupying a menial, or low-level position).  Well, yeah, that's too bad, and I wish people were more careful when they try to classify other people.

However, this is not only a "black problem."  It's a problem for just about anybody who's not in the mainstream.

Because of the sound of my voice and speech, all my life I've been mistaken for being mentally retarded.

Some people, usually church-going "fundies" who vote Republican, change their minds after seeing otherwise; franksolich is of normal intelligence,

But for some other people, first impressions are engraved in stone, no matter how many times such impressions are demonstrated to be wrong.

In my life, I've dealt with plenty of Democrats, liberals, primitives, and others who allege themselves to be "sensitive" to the differences in people, who even after knowing me for several years still think of me, treat me, and speak to me as if I'm a mentally retarded youngster.

Pious, self-righteous people, Democrats, liberals, and primitives.  They may go to Hell, and if there's any justice, they will.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

Re: primitives describe things that never happened
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
It would seem primitives are hard wired to emulate their Puritan past; 'to mortify the body to purify the soul'.  They are experts at self-flagellation. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
When I got out of my car, I was approached by a middle-aged white man I'd seen around the building before. He told me that space was reserved and that I would have to move my car. I politely told him that I was fine parking there, but thank you. He insisted that I move, that I wasn't supposed to be there. I again told him that I was fine parking there and started toward the building.

I guess it was to hard to tell him it was her reserved spot. she has that chip on her shoulder, going through life looking for things to be offended about.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:03:31 PM »
A few years ago, I parked in my reserved parking spot at work. When I got out of my car, I was approached by a middle-aged white man I'd seen around the building before. He told me that space was reserved and that I would have to move my car. I politely told him that I was fine parking there, but thank you. He insisted that I move, that I wasn't supposed to be there. I again told him that I was fine parking there and started toward the building. He jumped in front of me, essentially body-blocking me and told me that if I didn't move my car right now, dammit, he was going to have it towed. I said nothing, walked around him and went to work.

Response to EffieBlack (Original post)Thu Apr 19, 2018, 08:34 AM
HipChick (20,086 posts)
1. Have to commend you for handling that in a professional manner..

Corporate institutional racism is insidious.

Why didn't she just tell the middle aged white guy that the parking spot was reserved for her--that it was her spot, instead of merely saying that it was ok for her to park there?  She didn't handle it professionally.  It didn't even happen--they always lie.  It sounds suspiciously like a tall tale based loosely on something that the crazy congresswoman Cynthia McKinney says happened to her:

The young black woman with the gold sneakers, slacks, braided hair and Mickey Mouse watch stepped into the elevator in the Capitol.

"This elevator is for members only," the elevator operator said frostily.

"Yes, thank you," Cynthia McKinney replied, her glittering shoes planted firmly in place.

"This elevator is for members only," the woman running the elevator repeated, even more coldly.

"Yes, thank you," Ms. McKinney said, even more insistently.

"This elevator is for members only," the operator tried once more, before finally spotting the blue pin with the Congressional seal, worn by members, hanging on a gold chain around Ms. McKinney's neck.

"The elevator lady was very apologetic, and I told her that it's wonderful now that members of Congress come in all shapes and hues," the freshman Representative from Georgia said, recalling the recent stand-off.
https://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/05/us/growing-sorority-in-congress-edges-into-the-ol-boys-club.html

Effie Black's story sounds fishy to me.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 03:53:45 PM »
Effie Black's story sounds fishy to me.

Remember the first rule of primitivity; that old ironclad rule that has yet to find an exception:

DUmmies lie; all the time, DUmmies lie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child
--Steve Martin - The Jerk
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 05:47:27 PM »
Quote from: franksolich
Some people, usually church-going "fundies" who vote Republican, change their minds after seeing otherwise; franksolich is of normal intelligence,

Franksolich is of SUPERIOR intelligence.  Superior to most people, left or right, even on this board.  FAR superior to the smartest DUmmie (I know, oxymoron).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
Franksolich is of SUPERIOR intelligence.  Superior to most people, left or right, even on this board.  FAR superior to the smartest DUmmie (I know, oxymoron).

Uh, thanks, but I dunno.  I'm perfectly happy being described as of "normal" intelligence.

I wonder if anybody else has ever noticed that Democrats, liberals, and primitives have a habit of equating "intelligence" with moral superiority.

If intelligence were in fact a measure of virtue, then the primitives have to be the most immoral people in the universe.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »

I would agree with this.  There's a component of intelligence called 'emotional intelligence' that I think that Coach excels at.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 06:46:43 PM »
I would agree with this.  There's a component of intelligence called 'emotional intelligence' that I think that Coach excels at.

Aw, geezuz.

Really, I'm perfectly happy, well satisfied with, knowing for a certainty I'm brighter than the big guy the Omaha Steve primitive, Lamond the MrsCorpio primitive, and Mr.-High-and-Mighty-My-Shit-Don't-Stink the bread man on DU Jr.  As long as I'm more intelligent than them, I don't care about anything else.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
I'l retell my son's :bouncy: :

When he worked at KFC a middle-aged black man tried the, "I gave you a $20 not a $10 scam," on my son, but my son stood his ground. And got called a racist for it. It didn't make my son a racist, though. In fact, he married a "POC" - Asian, not African.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 06:56:35 AM »
I'l retell my son's :bouncy: :

When he worked at KFC a middle-aged black man tried the, "I gave you a $20 not a $10 scam," on my son, but my son stood his ground. And got called a racist for it. It didn't make my son a racist, though. In fact, he married a "POC" - Asian, not African.

OMG...that scam happened to me when I was 16 working at Burger King. It was my first job and I didn't know any better. It stayed with me, though; and when it was tried on me again a few years later, I stood my ground. My manager said the drawer was even when she counted it the next shift.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 08:08:38 AM »
OMG...that scam happened to me when I was 16 working at Burger King. It was my first job and I didn't know any better. It stayed with me, though; and when it was tried on me again a few years later, I stood my ground. My manager said the drawer was even when she counted it the next shift.

I had the same thing happen to me once when I worked at Wallyworld, fortunately I have a GREAT memory for numbers.  I told him I could have the manager do an audit of the drawer, but outside of that, he wasn't getting an extra $10.  It would only take about 10 minutes or so for the drawer to be verified.  He shouted Nevermind and left bitching about us all being a bunch of thieves...

Drawer count was spot on, BTW...LOL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:11:01 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »

When I ran a cash register I was taught to put the bill on the register and then get their change and count it back to them. If they had any issues I would just produce the bill that was on top of my register and say "here is what you gave me." It pretty much shut them down.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »
When I ran a cash register I was taught to put the bill on the register and then get their change and count it back to them. If they had any issues I would just produce the bill that was on top of my register and say "here is what you gave me." It pretty much shut them down.

Taught or his idea, that was what my son did. That was probably the point at which the would-be scammer called my son a racist. My son, ummm, responded less than placatingly. His manager sent him home - as a symbol, he knew my son well. Of course the register count after closing vindicated my son (as expected by all).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »
Aw, geezuz.

Really, I'm perfectly happy, well satisfied with, knowing for a certainty I'm brighter than the big guy the Omaha Steve primitive, Lamond the MrsCorpio primitive, and Mr.-High-and-Mighty-My-Shit-Don't-Stink the bread man on DU Jr.  As long as I'm more intelligent than them, I don't care about anything else.

No offense intended, but you're a sandbagger, Frank.
We all know and accept the fact that you are smarter than a large portion of us. I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but it's true.
As much as you try to 'act' humble, it's something you wear on your sleeve,  It leaks out in ways obvious to most of us.
Humbleness being another one of your outstanding traits. The average garden variety DUmpass has a lot to learn from you, if only he would pay close attention and recognize what he is seeing.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »
No offense intended, but you're a sandbagger, Frank.
We all know and accept the fact that you are smarter than a large portion of us. I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but it's true.
As much as you try to 'act' humble, it's something you wear on your sleeve,  It leaks out in ways obvious to most of us.
Humbleness being another one of your outstanding traits. The average garden variety DUmpass has a lot to learn from you, if only he would pay close attention and recognize what he is seeing.

Let us take franksolich off the hook a bit. 

Franksolich has piercing insight, deep understanding, great humor, uncanny common sense and a unique ability to wrangle meaning using the English language.   These can be proven via his posts and are thus not opinion but rather observation.

Whether this translates to "intelligence" is up to the observer. 

:)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »

Franksolich has piercing insight, deep understanding, great humor, uncanny common sense and a unique ability to wrangle meaning using the English language.   These can be proven via his posts and are thus not opinion but rather observation.

I think that you nailed it.  The least common commodity in the world is common sense.  Coach has it in abundance.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »

herehere...
And If I can add... there are several guys or gals on here that display these characteristics. They would never admit it, but there are some highly intelligent cavers among us. I hang around here hoping some of it might rub off on me one day.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 05:47:21 PM »
herehere...
And If I can add... there are several guys or gals on here that display these characteristics. They would never admit it, but there are some highly intelligent cavers among us. I hang around here hoping some of it might rub off on me one day.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 11:32:53 PM »
As Frank has said many times " DUmmies lie; all the time, DUmmies lie."

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 01:57:09 AM »

I worked a retail job back in the day of the mechanical cash register, and we had to use the "count-up" method of returning change, and had to recite the amount as we were doling it out. For instance, if the product, including tax, was $8.56, and they paid with a tenner, then we would have to do the following:

First, we state the amount received. "$10.00." We place the bill or bills on the register flat above the cash drawer, in plain site. Then we would recite the following:

“Your purchase was $8.56, out of $10.00. That’s $8.56,
plus 4 cents (4 pennies) makes $8.60,
plus 5 cents (a nickel) makes $8.65,
plus 10 cents (a dime) makes $8.75,
plus 25 cents (a quarter) makes $9.00.”
plus 1 dollar (a dollar bill) makes $10.00.”

Nowadays, all amounts are shown on verbatim with no calculation necessary. But if I were the manager, I would still insist that at least the first sentence, "Your purchase was $8.56, out of $10.00," be stated, and the ten dollar bill be placed on top of the register, above the cash drawer or in a conspicuous, appropriate location be done.

Ah, good times.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 08:45:29 AM »
I think that you nailed it.  The least common commodity in the world is common sense.  Coach has it in abundance.

Like Coach, I am hearing impaired, to a lesser degree though, People do tend to mistake that for being "slow" Most of the time once I explain my impairment they adjust for that, but, there's always the one that keeps running their yap when they should have just closed it.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
Is this Effie Black, the bouncy babe who made a yuge deal about "parking while black"?? Her job title sounds about right.

https://www.facebook.com/effie.black.3?lst=100000275942680%3A100007539823540%3A1524896691
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 10:56:13 PM »
EffieBlack (7,662 posts)     Thu Apr 19, 2018, 08:10 AM

DUers of Color: Tell Your Story

<blah,blah,blah>

I read it. All of it.  Every last word. And you know what?  That is 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.   :banghead:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi