Author Topic: primitives discuss who's going to Barbara Bush's funeral  (Read 2444 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss who's going to Barbara Bush's funeral
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142040679

Oh my, the things the primitives bother their heads about.

DonViejo (41,878 posts)     Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:04 AM

Melania Trump to attend Barbara Bush's funeral

First lady Melania Trump will attend the funeral of Barbara Bush, who died on Tuesday at the age of 92.

"Mrs. Trump intends to pay her respects to Barbara Bush and the entire family at the funeral on Saturday," the first lady's communications director Stephanie Grisham confirmed to The Hill on Wednesday.

-snip-

Trump will follow in the tradition of other first ladies paying their respects to their counterparts. Former first lady Michelle Obama attended Nancy Reagan’s funeral in 2016, and Hillary Clinton attended the funeral of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in 1994. Bush's funeral will be held at St. Martin’s Church in Houston, Texas, on Saturday, and, according to CNN, will be a simple service.

The burial will be private but the public will be able to pay their respects at the church during visitation to the former first lady’s repose on Friday, CNN reported.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/383714-melania-trump-to-attend-barbara-bushs-funeral

Okay, how come Messalina Agrippina didn't attend Patricia Nixon's funeral too?  She died about approximately the same time Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis did.

hlthe2b (60,102 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:05 AM

1. Chicken Little wouldn't dare show up and have to face the Bushes, Obamas, and Clintons..

Quite frankly, I'd bet someone from within the Bush circle advised him that he might not be welcome.

The Velveteen Ocelot (59,393 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:09 AM

2. This is normal protocol.

But considering how the Bush family apparently felt about Trump, he probably would be the skunk at the picnic anyhow.

hlthe2b (60,102 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:13 AM

3. Normal protocol for him to be invited (I assume you mean?--[franksolich: man, talk about blatant reading miscomprehension here]) yes, of course

but that doesn't mean a subtle signal could not have been relayed via his staff.

Given the animosity Barbara and the entire family have toward Trump, I'd be shocked if someone did not send a message.

The Velveteen Ocelot (59,393 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:16 AM

4. It's normal protocol for First Ladies to attend ex-First Lady funerals,

not necessarily the president. It would be a bit of an insult if Melania didn't attend but I don't think Spanky would be particularly welcome.

hlthe2b (60,102 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:18 AM

5. I am not at all questioning Melania attending. At all. My comments are for the orange ahole.

I have no doubt they would graciously welcome her.

That said, I'm certain both Bill and Barack will attend [franksolich: wrong-o, dummie] with their first lady wives. I don't think it is a given [franksolich: yeah, it is, dummie.  Are you stupid, or what?] that only the first ladies attend. Probably the Carters too if they are healthy enough and able.

The Velveteen Ocelot (59,393 posts)      Wed Apr 18, 2018, 11:22 AM

6. He won't be there. Presidents generally don't go to FL funerals.

President Obama did not attend Betty Ford’s funeral services, which were held July 12, 2011, at St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church in Palm Desert, California. But first lady Michelle Obama did attend, along with former first ladies Rosalynn Carter, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Reagan. Former first lady Barbara Bush attended a church service in Michigan, where Ford was buried.

President George W. Bush did not attend the funeral for Lady Bird Johnson, who passed away in 2007. First lady Laura Bush did attend, as did former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, and former first ladies Rosalynn Carter, Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Reagan. The service was held at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library in Austin, Texas.

Clinton did not ... attend the funeral of former first lady Pat Nixon, according to the Los Angeles Times. That funeral was held in Yorba Linda, California, on June 26, 1993 — the same day that Clinton ordered an attack on Iraq in retaliation for an assassination attempt on President George H.W. Bush. The president was represented at the funeral by Vernon E. Jordan Jr., the chair of Clinton’s transition team, the Times said.

President Ronald Reagan did not attend former first lady Bess Truman’s funeral in 1982, according to the Washington Post. First lady Nancy Reagan did attend, along with former first ladies Rosalynn Carter and Betty Ford.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/obamas-funeral-attendance/

Actually, Jimmah's wife being there created all sorts of problems, especially for Margaret Truman Daniels, daughter of the Trumans.

Bess Truman had asked that only Betty Ford be invited to her funeral, at the same time acknowledging it was standard procedure for the sitting First Lady to attend too; that was Nancy Reagan.

Out of respect for her wishes, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Lady Bird Johnson, and Patricia Nixon, all three who knew and loved Bess, sent condolences, but stayed away.

But then Jimmah's wife insisted on going, which caused all sorts of problems for security and protocol.....and for the Truman family, which was not endeared to Jimmah and his wife.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

Re: primitives discuss who's going to Barbara Bush's funeral
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
Is "hlthe2b" stupid, obtuse, or both? I'm guessing both, since (s)he's a DUmmie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
Good Grief!!

Look liberals, when you're so politically whacko you have to start a thread and comment on who's going to attend some other persons wedding or funeral, it's time to take at least 10 deep breaths and get a life.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »
Good Grief!!

Look liberals, when you're so politically whacko you have to start a thread and comment on who's going to attend some other persons wedding or funeral, it's time to take at least 10 deep breaths and get a life.

None of them have had a semblance of a life since 1968.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »
saidsimplesimon (2,706 posts)    Wed Apr 18, 2018, 02:16 PM
response to the original post

30. Tell me, I've

accidentally been given the "Alice in Wonderland" pill without my knowledge. Making political points on the death of a former first lady? Every time I think we are ready to flush the toilet, we get another bowl movement.

Anybody know what a bowl movement is?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 02:35:27 PM »

"Creative spelling".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Undies

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »

I'm guessing it has something to do with smoking dope in a pipe.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »
Good Grief!!

Not to worry we will have our turn soon enough when it will be Omaha Steve who will be biting the..... errr ahh never mind.  :p
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
Not to worry we will have our turn soon enough when it will be Omaha Steve who will be biting the..... errr ahh never mind.  :p

Yeah.

My funeral director friend down in Omaha is sweating, as he's got a lot of money tied up in inventory that hasn't gone anywhere yet, a casket large enough to hold a laying-down upright piano, which he'd bought for his in-house stock when the big guy made his momentous announcement back in May 2015, promising to leave poor dear Marta freedom to marry again within two years from that date.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 06:30:53 PM »

They're more likely to follow your advice if you make that 10 deep :stoner: hits. :-)