Author Topic: TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to All-Time Low 26.5 Million Viewers  (Read 989 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to All-Time Low 26.5 Million Viewers
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to All-Time Low 26.5 Million Viewers
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-oscars-eye-new-low-early-numbers-1091636

A comparatively uneventful Oscar telecast led the way on TV Sunday night — though updated numbers have the telecast somewhat predictably stumbling to an all-time low.

The kudocast, nearly four hours long, stumbled 19 percent from the previous year to 26.5 million viewers. That's easily the least-watched Oscars in history, trailing 2008 by more than 5 million. Overnight returns had the lengthy ABC broadcast averaging a 18.9 rating among households between 8 and 11 p.m. ET. Compared to the same stat for 2017, the night the wrong best picture winner was named, that was down a more modest 16 percent.

Last year's Academy Awards, which earned a 22.4 overnight rating, ultimately fetched 32.9 million viewers for ABC, as well as a handsome 9.1 rating among adults 18-49. Still, those numbers reflected the second-lowest in Academy history. (ABC did not immediately report the adults 18-49 rating for Sunday's Oscars, and Nielsen won't widely distribute that information until Tuesday.)

Good. The Oscars is a joke.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Re: TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to All-Time Low 26.5 Million Viewers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:08:02 AM »
Millions of Americans voted with their clicker thumbs, telling Hollyweird to shut up and clean their own sewer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dixierose

Re: TV Ratings: Oscars Drop to All-Time Low 26.5 Million Viewers
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
I don't watch any award shows. I find them boring. A bunch of industry insiders patting each other on the back, preaching to middle America all the while. Ugh.

I also tend to find the movies that are nominated to Oscars boring and unwatchable. I love del Toro, but The Shape of Water was not a good movie. I couldn't even finish it.

One award I did agree with was Oldman's Oscar for best actor. The Darkest Hour was a great movie, and he did a wonderful job as Churchill. I'm not a huge fan of historical drama or biopics, but Churchill's speech at the end of that movie was powerful. I've seen some of his quotes; but I've never heard a full speech. He really had a way with words, and I understand how the people got behind him.

The only other movie nominated this year that I think I might actually like is Get Out. Has anyone seen it?
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell