Author Topic: I keep hearing the economy is booming?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I keep hearing the economy is booming?
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:09 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210126148

imanamerican63

So then why are we not hearing that the price of oil not going down and the prices in the grocery stores are at an all time high. I went to Walmart last and bought a few groceries and by the time I left, it cost almost $30.00 & I went the cheapest price I could find!

What was it Obama said?

Among President Obama’s absurd claims at the Tuesday presidential debate was his statement that gas prices are high because the economy is recovering.

https://www.nrcc.org/2012/10/18/obama-blames-high-gas-prices-on-a-strong-economy/

Oh. Yeah. Oh, during a debate?   :rotf:

Kilgore
7. It depends where
I'm no Trump supporter, but what I see in my area is encouraging. Our economy is driven by manufacturing and many companies have added second shifts, added overtime or have opened idled facilities. This means more/bigger paychecks and we have seen some prices rise locally. Nice to see folks working again.

Oops. Alert!!  Alert!!!

More at link.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Adam Wood

Re: I keep hearing the economy is booming?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »
As I've been saying for weeks now: Donald Trump has gone out and actually won the Fight for Fifteen, and the Leftists are furious at him for it.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »
Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)Sun Jan 21, 2018, 11:24 AM
Star Member drray23 (2,371 posts)
27. it depends on your perspective.

If you are fortunate enough to have a 401K and good investments, then yes it is booming. My 401K posted a 21% return last year..

If you are not so fortunate and are living paycheck to paycheck its obviously not the case. Wages have yet to start raising enough to make a difference. Hopefully they will since we are reaching full employment, thanks to president Obama.

If you are a brainless primitive living like an animal in squalor, chances are that there will be no improvement in your standard of living no matter how well the economy is doing.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
What part of rising wages, especially at the sub 15 hr level, will raise the cost of nearly all commodities don't you idiots get?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:41:36 AM »
What part of rising wages, especially at the sub 15 hr level, will raise the cost of nearly all commodities don't you idiots get?

That was a right wing lie, remember?  I read that we simply didn’t understand economics.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »
Get rid of the 10 to 12 million illegals working for substandard wages and wages will rise like a rocket.

Obviously if you are a dummy with a $40,000.00 degree in womens studies or abstract art you will not get much benefit from a growing economy.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »
How much has the economy recovered? Bought a farm June 21st last year. Put down 20%(about 30k). Lost the job a month after that and promptly put all new money into it on hold. During that time, all accounts continued to grow and am now only 10k from my june peak value. Was it a good buy? Absolutely. Are the primitives completely incompetent with all things economic? You know it!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 07:41:59 AM »
imanamerican63

So then why are we not hearing that the price of oil not going down and the prices in the grocery stores are at an all time high. I went to Walmart last and bought a few groceries and by the time I left, it cost almost $30.00 & I went the cheapest price I could find!

What the hell was a DUmmie doing at Walmart???

That's the equivalent of a prostitute going to church...Or showing a cross to Dracula...   :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »
What the hell was a DUmmie doing at Walmart???

That's the equivalent of a prostitute going to church...Or showing a cross to Dracula...   :lol: :lol: :lol:

He must not have got the DUmmieland briefing about off limit establishments.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.