Author Topic: Why can't we frame this shut down debate properly? And what the **** is wrong  (Read 4572 times)

Offline CC27

louis c (6,251 posts)

Why can't we frame this shut down debate properly? And what the **** is wrong with CNN?

Two issues. First, the Republicans are framing this debate as a "Schumer shutdown" and the Democrats are filibustering the CR to hold it hostage to the DACA fix.

WTF. Why can't we Democrats reframe McConnell's bullshit. Why doesn't Schumer go to the floor and say "Mr. Majority Leader, the Democrats wish to make a procedural deal with you. Let the United States Senate vote on the House bill and allow the Graham-Durbin compromise DACA agreement to be voted on, as an amendment without being filibustered, and the Democrats will allow the vote on final passage without a filibuster." This is a no lose for the Democrats, since we already have 56 votes for the Graham-Durbin amendment. We will either get this passed this way, or the Republicans in the House, or the President, will have to shut down the government. In short, you let us vote on our amendment, without a filibuster and we'll let you vote on the final bill, without a filibuster. Deal?

Next up. I believe that CNN is basically fair, but Cuomo and Cammorata can't be as stupid as they seemed today.

CNN conducted a poll of who would be blamed for the shut down. The results were something like 34% blame the Democrats, 32% blame the Republicans and 21% blame Trump, with the rest unsure.

The hosts interpreted that poll to say more Americans blame the Democrats than Republicans. WTF. Even an idiot would add the Trump blamers with the Republican blamers and come up with a majority of Americans blame The President and the Republicans at 53%, which is a 19 point spread over the Democrats.

Boy, am I pissed this morning that the people I count on don't get it.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210117884

People you count on? Cuomo is a complete shit bag.

Offline SVPete

Probably because the MSM know they cannot pretzellate their reportage enough to conceal the grossly obvious fact that Ds in Congress are doing exactly what they several years ago condemned the Rs for doing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Dems are handcuffed by you loons...they have to force DACA or the insane left will go even farther around the bend.

You mongrels are the ones forcing it to be a filibuster over legalizing criminals.

Offline Old n Grumpy

No matter how much mayonnaise the dems put on this it is still their shit sandwich.

The American people are sick of putting illegals first over US citizens. the dems still haven't figured this out. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
If the Dems weren’t such assholes then you wouldn’t have to worry about ‘framing the narrative’ or as is the case with the tax cuts ‘spinning it’ to somehow make it sound bad that we get to keep more of what we earn.

Speaking of which, have all you DUmmies been keeping up with all the great things companies are doing because of the tax breaks?!

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

louis c (6,251 posts)

Why can't we frame this shut down debate properly?

because your side is putting the needs of illegal aliens over the needs of American Citizens.  It's never going to be a popular position with the majority of the American people.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Too late, DUmmies.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Dems. Need. Buggie. To. Frame. The. Narrative.

No Buggie, no framie.

:stoner:
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

That Reich-Wing news source CNN plainly stated the problem with the Ds' narrative.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
That Reich-Wing news source CNN plainly stated the problem with the Ds' narrative.

Damn, that was a pretty good article.

I was listening to a Republican spokesman on FOX coming home and he was doing a very good job with the reporters who kept trying to pushe the ‘its the Republicans’ fault message. He wasn’t having it.

At one point he said; Diane Feinstein said this shut down would KILL people. People will DIE if this happens. Then he said he asked her how she was going to vote and she said she was undecided. He told the reporters, let that sink in ... people are going to die if we don’t pass this, according to Mrs. Feinstein, but she doesn’t know how she’s going to vote.

OWNED!!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

At one point he said; Diane Feinstein said this shut down would KILL people. People will DIE if this happens. Then he said he asked her how she was going to vote and she said she was undecided. He told the reporters, let that sink in ... people are going to die if we don’t pass this, according to Mrs. Feinstein, but she doesn’t know how she’s going to vote.

OWNED!!

KC

I used to say that between them Babs Bouncer an DiFei had half a brain, but that while DiFei had it she only used it occasionally.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

You DUmmies and Dems are not dealing with a fake Conservative urbane GOP Old Boy like the Bush family here, Trump will be like Clinton in the 90s and use his bully pulpit (And Twitter account) to take it right to you every hour as long as this BS lasts.  I eagerly await the Twitstorm that awaits you when you play this crap and think it's going to come out the way it did with the Bushes.

:popcorn:

As far as the shutdown itself goes, I DGAF, I've seen them before and the shock value is looooong gone.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I heard on the news that after meeting with chuck the schmuck President Trump has named the failure to come to an agreement the Schumer shutdown bill!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You just gotta love this guy, He can really make these fools look like a basket of ass. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

God Bless Ya President Trump :cheersmate:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
It amuses me to no end to watch Democrats squirm when forced to realize that the shoe is now on the other foot. First Dirty Harry drops the rule requiring a 60 vote majority and then they realize that the Republicans returning the favor. Now, after demonizing the Republicans for shutting down the government, they have to deal with the Republicans forcing them to take their own medicine.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline I_B_Perky

You DUmmies and Dems are not dealing with a fake Conservative urbane GOP Old Boy like the Bush family here, Trump will be like Clinton in the 90s and use his bully pulpit (And Twitter account) to take it right to you every hour as long as this BS lasts.  I eagerly await the Twitstorm that awaits you when you play this crap and think it's going to come out the way it did with the Bushes.

:popcorn:

As far as the shutdown itself goes, I DGAF, I've seen them before and the shock value is looooong gone.

What I really want to see is the fed employees started getting laid off and no make up check when there is a bill passed.  Would serve those assholes right.  If President Trump would do that for a couple of months those fed employees, dems all, would have their eyes opened.

Or not.  They would still blame President Trump... but their ass would know what it is like to not have a paycheck coming in. Then when the MSM started their sob stories the people that have been in the same situation will more than likely have zero sympathy for these pampered fed employees.  Especially if President Trump doesn't shut down the essential public facing employees and shuts down the EPA, etc, instead.  Every time there is a funding crisis the first to get shut down are the essential public facing employees. Change that, and I really do not think anyone would notice.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Because honest Americans that work for a living do not want their taxes supporting lazy illegals and islam filth.  Pretty darn simple.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

The illegal dreamers that buoy themselves on the front of my tax dollars can GFTS.  ESAD you lazy filth.

Offline mrclose

NYT, AP, Bloomberg, And Legacy Media Blame Dems For Gov’t shutdown

Many of the country’s top media outfits blamed the Democratic Party for allowing the government to shutdown instead of bridging a budget impasse with Republicans in the Senate.

“U.S. Shutdown Starts as Senate Democrats Block GOP Funding Plan” a Bloomberg headline blared early Saturday morning, referring to the Senate’s inability to agree on a variety of budgetary issues. The New York Times and AP chimed in with similar headlines.

Republican and Democratic leaders have not stopped talking through their differences. Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, for instance, said late Friday night that the conflict has a “really good chance” of being resolved before the weekend concludes.

Both parties took substantial risks during the negotiations. Republicans refused to bend to the Democrat’s demands to negotiate, while the minority party largely unified to use the shutdown deadline to exact protections from the GOP for hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants.

Media outlets, meanwhile, painted the issue in harsh tones for the Democrats — one NYT headline declared: “Senate Democrat Block Bill to Keep Government Open Past Midnight, Shutdown Looms,” while the AP simply noted that, “Senate Democrats derail bill to avert shutdown.”

Republicans tried to sweeten the deal, offering Democrats a long-term extension of the Children’s Health Insurance Program, or CHIP, as well as the delay of some unpopular health-care taxes. Republican Party leaders believed the public would blame their colleagues on the other side of the political aisle if the sweetener was rejected.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/20/media-blames-dems-for-shutdown/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Delmar

The shutdown of 2013 is still pretty fresh in people's minds.  Everybody remembers the barrycades around the war memorials--not happening this time around.  The lying democrat party is going to lose this battle for hearts and minds.  Let Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin and Luis Gutierrez and Joy Reid run their stupid lying mouths until they're blue in the face, it just cements it into people's minds that these shitgibbons chose illegal aliens over citizens.

And if that isn't enough, the FISA memo will be released in a couple weeks to seal their doom.* 
*I am not a Russian bot
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Airwolf

What all of you here have said and more. We have people born here who can't get a drop in the bucket from the Government to survive but with 90 Billion going to those who jumped the border it seems to me a little bit mad to continue doing this.  Then again I wouldn't be surprised that the Rinos cave in and give them what they want.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline zeitgeist

Too late, DUmmies.

Just needs a horses pitute in the frame.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Just needs a horses pitute in the frame.

A picture of HilLIARy or Obama . . . :whistling: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
What I really want to see is the fed employees started getting laid off and no make up check when there is a bill passed.  Would serve those assholes right.  If President Trump would do that for a couple of months those fed employees, dems all, would have their eyes opened.

Or not.  They would still blame President Trump... but their ass would know what it is like to not have a paycheck coming in. Then when the MSM started their sob stories the people that have been in the same situation will more than likely have zero sympathy for these pampered fed employees.  Especially if President Trump doesn't shut down the essential public facing employees and shuts down the EPA, etc, instead.  Every time there is a funding crisis the first to get shut down are the essential public facing employees. Change that, and I really do not think anyone would notice.

You really don't like us federal employees do you?  I would beg to differ with you about the feds I work with and within the DoD about being assholes and dems all.  The majority of the feds I work with are all veterans and kind of take these thing seriously.  I can assure you that when we get called and have to board a plane for some fun place in the world we do it without hesitation.  We have a commitment to the warfighter of this nation and always end up in the same shithole countries that they do.  Just FYI when sequester was implemented and we were furloughed, never did I get a make up check for those weeks.  The majority of the ones that get reimbursed are the essential personnel, fire fighters, prison guards, border patrol..etc.

Now to the subject.  The dems have framed this more properly than anyone realizes.  Everyone was talking about the DACA folks, well now everyone is talking about the Dreamers as the DACA folks.  Two entirely different groups of illegal aliens and the Dreamers are a much larger group.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline I_B_Perky

You really don't like us federal employees do you?  I would beg to differ with you about the feds I work with and within the DoD about being assholes and dems all.  The majority of the feds I work with are all veterans and kind of take these thing seriously.  I can assure you that when we get called and have to board a plane for some fun place in the world we do it without hesitation.  We have a commitment to the warfighter of this nation and always end up in the same shithole countries that they do.  Just FYI when sequester was implemented and we were furloughed, never did I get a make up check for those weeks.  The majority of the ones that get reimbursed are the essential personnel, fire fighters, prison guards, border patrol..etc.

Now to the subject.  The dems have framed this more properly than anyone realizes.  Everyone was talking about the DACA folks, well now everyone is talking about the Dreamers as the DACA folks.  Two entirely different groups of illegal aliens and the Dreamers are a much larger group.

To be quite honest with you... no I do not like them.  Without going into detail I deal with the IRS, SSA CMS and a bunch of other worthless federal agencies... a lot. Worthless assholes all.  Having said that... please allow me to elaborate a little further. Those that serve in the military and the civilian employees that support them are not the fed employees I was talking about. They have my utmost respect.  Border patrol as well.  Any person that puts their ass on the line for this country has my respect.  The worthless bureaucrat, not so much.

H5 for putting your ass on the line for the country. :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi