Author Topic: While we all live through this nightmare, remember one important thing  (Read 1857 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (10,605 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210093435

While we all live through this nightmare, remember one important thing

It did NOT have to happen.

It was entirely avoidable.

Even with the Russians on the ground on election day flipping votes and millions of minority voters being turned away or not having their votes counted, it was still very easy to win this simply by NOT attacking our own candidate constantly.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

IluvPitties (444 posts)

1. True. However, let's hope for a stronger field in 2020.

2016 was kinda... Let's say it was not 2004 or 2008. Those were two of the best primaries in terms of the amount of great candidates running.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Star Member pnwmom (87,639 posts)

33. Yeah, let's hope we can find someone strong enough to win by more than 4 or 5 million votes.

A popular vote win of only 2.9 M votes is pretty pathetic. And no more excuses about gerrymandering and voter suppression of millions more votes -- we need someone a lot more qualified than a former Secretary of State and Senator.

Star Member ehrnst (10,436 posts)

9. I knew lots that repeated Jill Stein/Russia authored attacks ad nauseum

"If you must vote for a woman, vote for an actual feminist like Jill" And one who said she was phone banking for HRC, but reposted articles on FB from Kushner's zine attacking HRC during the general (Clinton campaign takes $10 a month out of elderly woman's bank account every month) and crap from the Intercept, because she so wanted her anger and disappointment about the primaries to be validated.

Others would totally say that they would "hold their nose and vote for HRC, but hey, what about this over here that shows I was right about her all along, she threatened Bernie's family when she called them by name at the convention, and did you hear what she said about Bill's accusers to her friend back in the 90's? Well I haven't heard much that's less feminist than that... I just hope that all of you that crowned her the candidate will be happy if Trump gets elected." and so on. From the convention on.

All those "I don't have pnuemonia" memes with Bernie's photo, and all those petitions demanding that she step down and let Bernie take her place ALL over FB. The rabid feeding frenzy when Comey's letter came out - the barely disguised GLEE in the "I'm concerned about this awful revelation about Hillary" concern trolling her on DU.

Yeah, all over the place.

Star Member JI7 (64,614 posts)

12. And was booed during her convention speech by ****ed up types

Those ****ed up types wanted trump to win

RandomAccess (1,464 posts)

11. Please remember

A really HUGE amount of that "attacking" was done by Russians. I am sure -- absolutely positive -- that a lot of people here and elsewhere don't really appreciate the sheer magnitude of these attacks. They were done by people on behalf of Russia who had extremely good English skills and posed as Americans, like a housewife from Idaho.

Very adept, skilled, manipulative, extraordinarily capable under their covers.

Some of them may have even been here -- how could we know for sure without a thorough forensic investigation??

They were all over Facebook, and they were all over Twitter. And they got millions upon millions of views, and no doubt persuaded many. All they had to do with push people in the direction they may have been leaning to start with.

So don't be so hard on your fellow Dems. Sure, some of them are guilty and deserve blame. But -- there was SO much going on that overshadowed that. Really.

And then there were other factors as well:

pnwmom:
Hillary didn't lose because she was less POPULAR. She lost because of James Comey's letters and because of some even more important factors -- more important because they're not going away. They will be used against us in every election going forward, unless we can stop them.

The big problems are voter suppression, Russian meddling, and targeted voter propaganda through Twitter, Google, Facebook, and other forms of social media. There is no question that the Trump campaign, through Cambridge Analytica, did this -- and that the Russians did this. The only question is how much they conspired together in the propaganda campaign.

We need to figure out how to defend the democratic process from fake news and micro-targeted AI propaganda -- or lose our democracy. https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029576691

Here is how they stole the election - Crosscheck in action:
Trump victory margin in Michigan: 13,107
Michigan Crosscheck purge list: 449,922

Trump victory margin in Arizona: 85,257
Arizona Crosscheck purge list: 270,824

Trump victory margin in North Carolina: 177,008
North Carolina Crosscheck purge list: 589,393
http://www.gregpalast.com/election-stolen-heres/

PALMER: Rigged election: Donald Trump won every surprise swing state by the same 1% margin
http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/rigged-election-donald-trump-won-every-surprise-swing-state-by-the-same-1-margin/118/

The most commonly posited explanation of Donald Trump’s shocking election victory was that every professional pollster in the nation – despite each working independently and using differing methodologies – somehow managed to overlook the same pockets of Trump voters in these states. If such pockets did exist, they would have existed in varying sizes in each of the four states, thus resulting in different sized wins in each.

Ask any statistician and they’ll tell you that a reasonable distribution of the results would have been Trump winning one of the states by one percent, won one of them by perhaps three percent, won one of them by two percent, lost one of them by one percent, or something along those lines. But instead the voting tallies looked startlingly different from any natural distribution. In fact they looked startlingly the same.

According to the New York Times, the voting results broke down like this: Trump won Florida by just over one percent of the vote. He also won Pennsylvania by just over one percent. He won Michigan by just under one percent. And he won Wisconsin by precisely one percent. That’s not how numbers tend to work in the real world.

On its own, this kind of suspiciously consistent numerical dispersion across the four states that decided the election would be something that could be written off as a mere fluke. But when you put it within the context of the numerous other ways in which the voting tallies make no mathematical sense, it points to the numbers having been rigged or altered.

:whatever:

Mr.Bill (4,079 posts)

13. Every Democratic elected official in this country

should be screaming at the top of their lungs that electronic voting must be banned before the next election.

But not a peep from any of them.

One or two more elections like the one in November and they will have attained their real goal - people not even bothering to vote because they know it is rigged anyway.

pressbox69 (1,136 posts)

22. How many more times

Will we have to watch the republican loser with less actual votes be sworn in as president? Wasn't 2000 and 2016 enough?

Star Member byronius (5,263 posts)

14. Thanks for that point.

Democratic Underground was attacked by a foreign military-grade operation, just like the DNC and RNC and the Department of Defense and multiple other federal and state agencies. We know what they wanted; we know how they did most of it, even though the proof is not yet public.

Someone opposed to hand-counted paper ballots with rigorous multi-party observation and an instant and free recount process is helping the Russians harm the United States of America, period, end of story, that's how history will judge it.

Yeah... DU is just as important as the DOD and the State Dept.!!!!  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Orange Free State (192 posts)

27. I live in Dumb****istan, though it was blue for many years

Because of unions and coal mining.

I did work in the election for Clinton, though I voted for Sanders in the primary. Unless you live here, you can’t believe the vitriolic hate for her. The usual Democratic Party workers did not come out, I was just about it, and women voters hated her as much or more than men. I know, I spoke to hundreds of them. The guy they sent in from Washington DC to run the campaign knew nothing about the area and was pulled shortly before the election to work somewhere they thought they could win.

You need to realize how much of this country is Mississippi. A successful candidate must have at least some Cledus appeal or we will have another Trump.

SammyWinstonJack (40,179 posts)

29. 63 million believed a serial liar because he mirrored their beliefs.

I blame them. I wish nothing good for them. I'm not sorry for that.

Star Member Eliot Rosewater (10,605 posts)

30. Yes, and the vast majority of those voters not only still support him but

after his supporting Nazi's openly, calling all brown people shitholes for another, they love him more now.

I dare say we are at a very bad point of history with a lot of [bridge over troubled waters] ahead

:stoner:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

Re: While we all live through this nightmare, remember one important thing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:29:28 PM »
Yes, yes it did have to happen.  You craphaus morons at the DUmp are just a little less pragmatic than the (you were warned) craphaus at FRee(not)republic joint.

You can both esad with your low IQ understanding of freedom and how America came to be what it almost is still.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:25:51 AM »
DU is:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »
Yes, yes it did have to happen.  You craphaus morons at the DUmp are just a little less pragmatic than the (you were warned) craphaus at FRee(not)republic joint.

You can both esad with your low IQ understanding of freedom and how America came to be what it almost is still.

As a former and recovering member of FR, you are correct!

I came to the Cave because it was becoming more and more clear FR was nothing more than a mirror reflection of DU...

Or, to put it in "mechanic's terms", they were the same cylinder, the difference was if the piston was at Top Dead Center, or Bottom Dead Center.

Trump is the wake-up call to all the entrenched and established bureaucrats and politicians that WE THE PEOPLE have had ENOUGH of their continuing CRAP!!!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »
Star Member Eliot Rosewater (10,605 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210093435

It did NOT have to happen.

It was entirely avoidable.

Even with the Russians on the ground on election day flipping votes and millions of minority voters being turned away or not having their votes counted,

This guy is a real genius. He figured out there were tens of thousands of Russian agents going around flipping votes and turning away black voters.  :thatsright: :mental: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »
Orange Free State (192 posts)

27. I live in Dumb****istan, though it was blue for many years

Because of unions and coal mining.

I did work in the election for Clinton, though I voted for Sanders in the primary. Unless you live here, you can’t believe the vitriolic hate for her. The usual Democratic Party workers did not come out, I was just about it, and women voters hated her as much or more than men. I know, I spoke to hundreds of them. The guy they sent in from Washington DC to run the campaign knew nothing about the area and was pulled shortly before the election to work somewhere they thought they could win.

You need to realize how much of this country is Mississippi. A successful candidate must have at least some Cledus appeal or we will have another Trump.

You gotta love it when someone misspells "Cletus" when using it as an epithet about ignorance!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »
Unless you live here, you can’t believe the vitriolic hate for her. The usual Democratic Party workers did not come out, I was just about it, and women voters hated her as much or more than men.

We don't need to live there to understand the hate for her, it exists everywhere. That's why she lost. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »
Star Member pnwmom (87,639 posts)

33. Yeah, let's hope we can find someone strong enough to win by more than 4 or 5 million votes.

A popular vote win of only 2.9 M votes is pretty pathetic. And no more excuses about gerrymandering and voter suppression of millions more votes -- we need someone a lot more qualified than a former Secretary of State and Senator.

When was the last time we were able to gerrymander the presidential election?  I’m trying to remember ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:43:36 PM »
Pathetic Northwest Mom says >A popular vote win of only 2.9 M votes is pretty pathetic.

Yes, considering that 70% of Cali residents are either illegals or voting for free chit.  Sounds like may either could not vote or
stayed home nursing their crack pipes and meth.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »

When was the last time we were able to gerrymander the presidential election?  I’m trying to remember ...

KC

Not since 1787, :whistling: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 08:40:51 PM »
Did that DUmmy actually cite the Palmer Report? :rofl:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 09:41:18 PM »

Yeah...you're all going to die anyway.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »
Yep, both the DUmmys and FRidiots have their pillars of Salt to pray to.  Dipweasals each and every one.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 01:02:56 AM »
Yeah...you're all going to die anyway.

Slow and  very painful.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”