Author Topic: Bypassing corruption in Puerto Rico  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Bypassing corruption in Puerto Rico
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »
Name that party.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01/puerto-rican-ceo-sends-engineers-to-help-fema-efforts-calls-local-pols-inept.html

Libs will lie out there ass about this.
Just a teaser.

The head of an international engineering firm in Puerto Rico said in an editorial Saturday that when the time came to send 50 of his engineers to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, he bypassed local officials and went straight to FEMA.

The reason, said Jorge Rodriguez, the CEO of PACIV, in an editorial in the New York Post, is that “for the last 30 years, the Puerto Rican government has been completely inept at handling regular societal needs, so I just don’t see it functioning in a crisis like this one.”  What party, Jorge?

“Even before the hurricane hit, water and power systems were already broken. And our $118 billion debt crisis is a result of government corruption and mismanagement.” What party, Jorge?

Puerto Ricans elected a new governor last November but, Rodriguez charged, he was inexperienced and had never been responsible for a budget. What party, Jorge?

Gov. Ricardo Rossello cannot exactly count on those around him either, Rodriguez asserted.

“His entire administration is totally inexperienced and they have no clue how to handle a crisis of this magnitude,” said Rodriguez, who has a graduate business degree from Harvard Business School and was named a “Most Distinguished Graduate” by the University of Puerto Rico.

Rodriguez’s criticism follows that of many experts and members of Congress, who note that Puerto Rico was mired in financial chaos well before Hurricane Maria. Puerto Rico was facing a $74 billion public debt load and a decade-old economic recession – sending hundreds of thousands of islanders fleeing to the U.S. mainland.

Now, many areas on the mainland, such as Florida, New York and Massachusetts, that have large Puerto Rican communities are bracing themselves for still more islanders to throng to them.

“Puerto Rico has exhausted its financial resources,” Fortune Magazine quoted Hernando Montero Salazar, director of Credit Analyisis at Stoever Glass & Co., as saying. “That will leave them strictly with the options of the federal government to provide aid and restore infrastructure. That’s the only way Puerto Rico will be able to put themselves together.”

For his part, Rodriguez argued that government mismanagement that has created so many problems for Puerto Rico is showing itself again as it attempts to deal with the devastation from the hurricane.

“For instance, shortly after the hurricane hit, the government imposed a curfew from 6 pm to 6 am and then changed it,” Rodriguez said. “Now, it’s 7 pm to 5 am, and makes no sense. The curfew has prevented fuel trucks from transporting their loads.

“These trucks should have been allowed to run for 24 hours to address our needs, but they have been stalled, and so we have massive lines at gas stations and severe shortages of diesel at our hospitals and supermarkets.”
What political party, Jorge???
(Continues on)

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

Re: Bypassing corruption in Puerto Rico
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:38 AM »
“His entire administration is totally inexperienced and they have no clue how to handle a crisis of this magnitude,”

Not to put President Trump down, but the same could be said of him.  Truth be told, I don't think any president could have handled Puerto Rico sufficiently to escape criticism.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »

Not to put President Trump down, but the same could be said of him.  Truth be told, I don't think any president could have handled Puerto Rico sufficiently to escape criticism.

The experience Trump needs is how to find and put the proper people on the job to get it done. I think he is well versed in how to do that. His main problem is all the obstructionists in both parties blocking the way.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
I think Hurricane Maria was "Natures Way" of trying to cleans the world of incompetence.  :whistling:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline sneakypete

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »
The only way to avoid corruption in Puerto Rico is to avoid Puerto Rico.
In the entire history of the world,the only nations that had to build walls to keep their own citizens from leaving were those with leftist governments.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 06:19:43 AM »

Pretty sure they would've given Obozo a pass on it for 'Doing everything possible' and overlooking all the problems...then probably finding some way to blame it on the GOP.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:43:43 AM »
These are all good reasons for not allowing Puerto Rico to become a state. It would be like having a second Illinois in the union.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.