Author Topic: Indy  (Read 23654 times)

Offline ChuckJ

Indy
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »
I've got a question for any of you race fans concerning the Indy track. Even though I'm a NASCAR fan I've never really wondered about this until today as I was watching the Xfinity race. When the Cup cars first started racing at Indy did the track have to modify the catch fences to compensate for the extra weight of stock cars?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Indy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:58:44 AM »
Not a clue.  I guess we'll have to tune in to NBC to find out.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:19:56 AM »
I attended Indy 500 this year.
From my vantage point I could only get a good look at the cars under yellow.
The race made a change in process by mounting an LED position board on top of each car.
As for ChuckJ's question, I am in the same boat as Chris.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »
The nerds at NBC love that kind of boring commentary.  I'm sure they'll mention it.

God, their race coverage sucks.  They must have offered NASCAR a pile of money.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:53:58 PM »
They must have offered NASCAR a pile of money.

They did
Deplorable since 2016

Offline dixierose

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
The nerds at NBC love that kind of boring commentary.  I'm sure they'll mention it.

God, their race coverage sucks.  They must have offered NASCAR a pile of money.

I don't watch NBC coverage at all. I can't stomach it for some reason. And yes, that includes the Chase races.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »
Listening to Steve Letarte is like watching paint dry.  The fifteen minute soliloquy on Kyle Busch at the end of the race was vomit-worthy and just damn repetitive.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 07:06:54 PM »
Listening to Steve Letarte is like watching paint dry.  The fifteen minute soliloquy on Kyle Busch at the end of the race was vomit-worthy and just damn repetitive.

They all kind of get on my nerves. I've always hated Larry McReynolds, but I saw him on some internet clip a couple of years ago explaining something about race cars. He did an excellent job. Spoke in layman's terms so anyone could understand him.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe