Author Topic: Immigrants caught at border believe families can stay in US  (Read 10419 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Immigrants caught at border believe families can stay in US
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:25:03 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/immigrants-caught-border-believe-families-stay-us-081038988--politics.html

Hundreds of immigrant families caught illegally crossing the Mexican border told U.S. immigration agents they made the dangerous journey in part because they believed they would be permitted to stay in the United States and collect public benefits, according to internal intelligence files from the Homeland Security Department.

Now where would they get that idea?  :banghead:

Offline libertybele

Re: Immigrants caught at border believe families can stay in US
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/immigrants-caught-border-believe-families-stay-us-081038988--politics.html

Now where would they get that idea?  :banghead:

Exactly.  That's it in a nutshell.  We need to send a clear message to our neighbors at our borders; NO benefits will be given to those that enter the country illegally.  Those caught will be fingerprinted, records put into a database and will have absolutely NO chance of legal immigration into this country.  That message would significantly change things. Finally building a wall would reinforce that message.  ILLEGALS ARE NOT WELCOME!
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.