Author Topic: In Support of Father Serra  (Read 9761 times)

Offline sargentodiaz

In Support of Father Serra
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »
With the pope's announcement that he is going to make the founder of the California missions a state, isolated small groups and intellectuals are attacking this decision.

As someone who has studied Father Serra's life, this article is quite heartwarming and it corroborates what I've come to feel about this devout and caring man. Here is a quote from the article that says what needs to be said:

“I began to realize: especially the most malicious comments about Fr. Serra were usually by people who knew nothing about him, who had picked it up secondhand on the internet or on a blog, or who simply just didn’t care for the Catholic Church and its doctrine.”

The full article can be read @ http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/history-truth-and-politics-researcher-seeks-to-clear-the-record-on-junipero-serra-27662/

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: In Support of Father Serra
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
I used to fly all over Hunter Liggett military reservation when I was assigned to Fort Ord Ca.
The highest peak there is named after Father Serra.
There is a monastery there he founded as well.
It is a very picturesque and rustic setting almost frozen in time from when it was founded.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.