Author Topic: Jeep Liberty-based pickup shown in China  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Jeep Liberty-based pickup shown in China
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:08:54 PM »
Too bad it's the only one.

It is based on the last gen Liberty and does not have any name or logo on the bonnet, neither a Jeep nor a BAW nor a Beijing-Jeep's.

The car was presented, among some others, as a gift for the China Military Museum in Beijing in January 2008. That's a little more than a year ago now, I will sure go back to the museum this weekend to see whether this strange vehicle is still on display.

Chrysler doesn't have a small S-10/Ranger-type small truck.  I think this thing looks pretty neat... it would be an interesting option.  I would love to see a Sport option with a big V8.

http://www.thetycho.com/news_baw1.htm
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Jeep Liberty-based pickup shown in China
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »
Getcha an ol' Jeep Comanche, Chris. :-)
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »
:rofl: I've only seen one or two of those.  Super-fugly.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:35 PM »
Somewhere around campus, I've seen a newer model Jeep Wrangler that's been converted into a pick-up.  Looks pretty cool to me.  They even altered the hard top to fit the new shape, and it could still be removed.  Convertible pick-up, anyone?  ;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »
Somewhere around campus, I've seen a newer model Jeep Wrangler that's been converted into a pick-up.  Looks pretty cool to me.  They even altered the hard top to fit the new shape, and it could still be removed.  Convertible pick-up, anyone?  ;)

Shoulda just bought an old Chevy Blazer.  I've never seen one with the top off...

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
Shoulda just bought an old Chevy Blazer.  I've never seen one with the top off...

I have. It's quite common in Texas.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson