Author Topic: The Coming Resignation of Barack Obama  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: The Coming Resignation of Barack Obama
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »
According to IMDb.com, Gomer Pyle, USMC ran from 1964 - 1969.  Gomer remained a PFc for the entire run of the show.  The only character promoted in the course of the show was Duke Slater, who was promoted to Corporal in the show's final season.
I guess promotions were slower in those days.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Taxman

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the wager window that you speak of.

I am willing to have some fun anticipating 2012.  I look at like hedging my bets, if Obama wins I win some green and if he loses I lose some green but the countryn wins. 

Offline Zeus

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
I am willing to have some fun anticipating 2012.  I look at like hedging my bets, if Obama wins I win some green and if he loses I lose some green but the countryn wins. 

I definately foresee a democrat bloodbath in '12. Things keep going the way they have been of late Obumblers presidency  is going to make carters look like a roaring success by comparison. Leading to another dem bloodbath in '14
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »
Y'all are forgetting that this general set of circumstances - an extremely left-wing president, ineffectual administration policies and legislative agenda culminating in extraordinarily high unemployment, recession, etc. etc... - has reared it's ugly head before. 

All the pundits of the time swore that the Dim'Rats were going to take a pounding in the 1934 mid-term elections because FDR's big government expanding policies had clearly exacerbated the impact of the Depression.  What nobody counted on was FDR holding on to "New Deal" funds - turning them into a personal slush fund, of sorts - until the last 3 months befor the November election, and then pouring them into congressional districts that were hard hit, but still heavily enough on the Dim'Rat side that they could be turned into a Dim'Rat victory.  He poured so much money into those districts that the Reps for those districts couldn't keep track of it all; didn't matter, because FDR sent flacks with specially prepared charts and graphs for each district, showing the voters what the Dim'Rats had done to turn around the Depression in their area.  It didn't matter that it was horseshit, or that the money was drying up as soon as the election was in the bag; they saw the flood of money coming in, they saw the Dim'Rats hands on the throttle pouring it in, and come November, they like dutiful sheep, pulled the lever for the Dim'Rat candidate.

Don't think for a second that Comrade Zero hasn't read that play book, or that he's forgotten about all of that TARP money just sloshing around in SecTres' piggy bank.  That's vote buying, "walkin' around" money, to borrow a phrase from Al Sharpton.  The 2010 elections are far far FAAAAR from in the bag, no matter how badly Lord Zero and his merry band of idiots seem to be pissing off the electorate now.  Money makes for marvellously short term memories.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »
I sure hope many of my fellow Americans aren't as pessimistic and defeatist as some of the posters here! Our country really is at a crossroads. We either bring back the ideals of our founding fathers, or turn into China's bitch!

Idaho has never gone to a DemonRat pres in modern times, so I can say we pretty much pull our weight, other states, not so much! Even the Dems elected to local gubmint are conservatives around my neck o' the woods.

I'm hoping that between Bummer screwin' the pooch, immigration and the great healthcare boondoggle, Americans will wake up and smell the coffee for once!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »

It's 'way too far out to call, I just think it's a mistake to count Obama-wan out prematurely, as I think the MSM will flock back to him in slavish devotion to their rock-star as the 2012 campaign season nears.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
It's 'way too far out to call, I just think it's a mistake to count Obama-wan out prematurely, as I think the MSM will flock back to him in slavish devotion to their rock-star as the 2012 campaign season nears.

If you look at his approval/disapproval ratings, the Lame Stream are about the only ones still supporting him. Well them, and those getting a portion of his "stash".

Barring some miracle, I foresee running him out of town on a rail!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Taxman

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 12:57:23 PM »

Much truth spoken here. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
Y'all are forgetting that this general set of circumstances - an extremely left-wing president, ineffectual administration policies and legislative agenda culminating in extraordinarily high unemployment, recession, etc. etc... - has reared it's ugly head before.  

All the pundits of the time swore that the Dim'Rats were going to take a pounding in the 1934 mid-term elections because FDR's big government expanding policies had clearly exacerbated the impact of the Depression.  What nobody counted on was FDR holding on to "New Deal" funds - turning them into a personal slush fund, of sorts - until the last 3 months befor the November election, and then pouring them into congressional districts that were hard hit, but still heavily enough on the Dim'Rat side that they could be turned into a Dim'Rat victory.  He poured so much money into those districts that the Reps for those districts couldn't keep track of it all; didn't matter, because FDR sent flacks with specially prepared charts and graphs for each district, showing the voters what the Dim'Rats had done to turn around the Depression in their area.  It didn't matter that it was horseshit, or that the money was drying up as soon as the election was in the bag; they saw the flood of money coming in, they saw the Dim'Rats hands on the throttle pouring it in, and come November, they like dutiful sheep, pulled the lever for the Dim'Rat candidate.

Don't think for a second that Comrade Zero hasn't read that play book, or that he's forgotten about all of that TARP money just sloshing around in SecTres' piggy bank.  That's vote buying, "walkin' around" money, to borrow a phrase from Al Sharpton.  The 2010 elections are far far FAAAAR from in the bag, no matter how badly Lord Zero and his merry band of idiots seem to be pissing off the electorate now.  Money makes for marvellously short term memories.

Many differences between 1934 and 2010. We got our news from one source and that was the liberal media.. no talk radio or internet.. Democrats made up the majority of voters..

2010 election.. momentum is on the Repubs side..Democratic base is not happy with things like the war and the queers. The mood of the country is throw the bums out of office. It will be a blood bath for incumbents.

It is true that Obama will flood the Democratic candidates with plenty of money. It will not do any good because voters are hurting economically and they are pissed that the government has passed legislation that they are against.  like health care, bailouts of the banks and GM. Nothing that Obama can do to change the mood of the country. Unemployment is up and people are worried about losing their jobs and houses. The election is 5 months away and there is no way in hell that Democrats can pull this one out of the fire. 2012 is a different story.