Author Topic: Redqueen: Stupid or Ignorant?  (Read 543 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Redqueen: Stupid or Ignorant?
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
redqueen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-14-09 02:39 PM
Original message
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8691115

So... abstinence and celibacy are not the same thing?

Wiki says "Abstinence is the absence of intercourse, while celibacy is the avoidance of all forms of sexual activity."

I did not know that.

Stupidity and ignorance not the same thing?

Dutch says stupid is not knowing a thing regardless of learning, ignorance is not knowing a thing even when learning.

redqueen did not know that!

Midlodemocrat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-14-09 02:40 PM
Response to Original message
2. Okay. I'll ask.

Redqueen? Why were you looking up those definitions?

redqueen wanted to know if 'it's' partner was avoiding it, or was celibate.

Shell Beau  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-14-09 02:42 PM
Response to Original message
5. But if you choose to be abstinent, isn't that celibacy?

That's just being ugly.

La Lioness Priyanka  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-14-09 02:48 PM
Response to Reply #5
10. no, i think celibacy is no kissing, making out etc

abstinence is for intercourse specific activities

Pri has big boobiez.

redqueen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-14-09 02:55 PM
Response to Reply #10
12. Hm...

I read it as including masturbation.

If it's just hugging and kissing well then... maybe I am celibate after all.

Play that funky music redqueen.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Redqueen: Stupid or Ignorant?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 06:21:31 AM »
She's actually one of the sharper knives in that particular drawer, and if the avatar she used to use is her, a moderately attractive woman.  However, she is a total hardcore Commie.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:11:05 AM »
Gross, I did NOT want to read about DUmmies spanking monkeys this early ever.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
I like to define them like this:

Ignorance is temporary, and can be fixed....

Stupidity is permanent....

DUmmies are stupid....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.