Author Topic: forked lad primitive deals with landlord  (Read 560 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
forked lad primitive deals with landlord
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x8986

Oh my.

The forked lad primitive, who has the gall, the chutzpah, the arrogance, to assume he knows more about sports than the cboy4 primitive; it's sort of like the village idiot claiming to know more about physics than Albert Einstein.

Forkboy  (1000+ posts)      Thu Apr-02-09 10:28 PM
Original message

When/If you guys get really angry, how do you deal with it?

I'm a very even tempered person, but I still have a lot of anger inside me (over so many things, personally, politically, life in general-wise). I haven't lost my temper in at least ten years, but I did last night with my landlord.

Some background. I live in a three story place, in an attic room. My landlord lives below me, and below him is my best friend. My landlord is a piece of work, but for the most part harmless. However, he was one bad problem...he does crack. Now, that's his business and I'm not judging him for doing the crack. The problem arises from the people he has over to smoke it with him.

Because the landlord works a second shift his partying starts at around midnight and goes all night. Again, not a big problem, until they start fighting and breaking windows (7 windows gone in one year), plugging guitars into amps at 6 AM, and just generally being all around disrespectful to the fact that other people actually live in the building. If it was just loud music I really wouldn't care (even the guitar wouldn't bother me if he could actually play the ****er). But the house rattling fighting, yelling, screaming on the front lawn, door slamming ways are pretty annoying.

This last weekend he started partying Friday night and didn't stop until Monday afternoon (he skips work every Monday). I didn't care....until last night when he came upstairs after getting home from work to complain about my music. I try to be very respectful of when he gets home and I shut it down or switch to headphones. He's also told me repeatedly that my music didn't bother him regardless of time. Last night he came home about fifteen minutes earlier than usual, so my music was still going, and yes, it was very loud.

So here's the problem. He never cares about the noise he makes at all hours of the night (and trust me, many of you would shit to live here and see what they do sometimes). My best friend downstairs plays his music so loud that MY room shakes on the third floor....no complaints from the landlord on that, because my friend scares him (I'm sure after last night that I do too now). Not that I want him to complain to my friend, I want him to be consistent in his getting bothered by noise. I play music all the time, but I keep it low when he's home, or just use headphones. He hasn't once in the five years I've been here shown any kind of respect back...just the opposite. Both my friend and I have spoken to him about the fighting and slamming doors and shit, and he just says, "Well, I don't ask them to come over." Chickenshit response, or what?

So when he came up last night to complain about noise I lost it, and it took all I had not to beat the **** out of him right then and there (instead I punched a hole in my door, breaking my right hand....again).

When I was in my late teens I really was pretty cocky and crazy (I guess not much has changed there), and fighting was a big part of my lifestyle. We set up fights for money, anything to get a good scrap going. When I was 21 I almost murdered someone. A guy raped my friend's little sister and I got to him first. I had every intention of killing him, and I came close before pulling myself back from the cliff. While I still feel the guy deserved to die, it bothered me so much that I had decided to be judge, jury and executioner that I had an almost epiphany-like moment. I decided that next day that I wasn't going to be like that ever again (that incident may the biggest single event to shape my politics and ideals for the future...I saw what I didn't want me to be).

So my problem today is realizing that even 20 years later I still have so much anger inside of me that I still apparently can't control myself. I spoke to my counselor today and he said it was a positive that I didn't actually do anything to my landlord, but putting your fist through doors doesn't seem much of a step up.

So now my anger is turning inwards on myself for how I was, and that means depression soon (already feeling it tonight). I don't want to be the person I was last night.

Anyways, this has been an incredibly long-winded way of going about asking how some of you deal with your anger issues, if you have any?

I dunno.

franksolich deals with anger by making God deal with it.

hunter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-02-09 11:13 PM
Response to Original message

1. We lived next door to some people like that...

... the problem eventually took care of itself, without any gunfire from the police or anyone else so that was a blessing.

Probably not so good if the cops drag your landlord off for a few years because you don't get the house. Or maybe you do have the house for a while in this whacky world. Some of our neighbors stayed in their house for several months when the landlord stopped paying his mortgage, and they stopped paying the rent.

Good luck, and look around for opportunities to either move, or to call down some kind of burly angel to beat some insight into your landlord. But don't be that angel yourself.

My hand has been through a few doors. Usually I've had sense enough not to hit the solid ones. But not always.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline lizard

Re: forked lad primitive deals with landlord
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
Bouncey.  Crack heads do not own rental property.  If they do have anything at the beginning of their crack addiction, it will be sold or traded for crack ........and hold down a job where you lay out of work every Monday?   :lmao: 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
he was one bad problem...he does crack. Now, that's his business and I'm not judging him for doing the crack.

Then you are a stupid fool.  Any intelligent person would gladly judge a crackhead.

That's the main (phony) thing wrong with liberalism.  They want the world to believe judgementalism is a bad thing, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Judgementalism holds hands with common sense.  They guide each other. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »
Then you are a stupid fool.  Any intelligent person would gladly judge a crackhead.

That's the main (phony) thing wrong with liberalism.  They want the world to believe judgementalism is a bad thing, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Judgementalism holds hands with common sense.  They guide each other.  

Shit Undies, you think DUmmies would follow that tenet? Thats gotta be like garlic to a vampire.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:06:37 PM »
Too bad he didn't commit an asault! Maybe I coud have got lucky and he would skip on the bond. No idea where he lives, but I'd be willing to travel to get my hands on one of these keyboard warriors who think they're a bad ass! I meet them all of the time. Most of them start crying after you take them down and put the cuffs on 'em.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
So what it boils down to is that this guy(?) is so intimidated by his own assertiveness that he wants to know how to release his inner *****? And this from a guy named forkboy?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
How did he type that long missive with one broken hand? 

"My landlord does crack."  Yes indeed, this is a bouncy, even if the building was inherited.  Also, LL works second shift, which implies manufacturing or health care possibly, which suggests regular drug testing.  Taking every Monday off.  C'mon. :lmao: