Author Topic: gigantic primitive likes Walgreen's  (Read 646 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gigantic primitive likes Walgreen's
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:09:32 AM »
http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3808795

Oh my.

villager  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-31-09 01:15 PM
Original message

Walgreens giving free care to jobless and uninsured

NEW YORK – Drugstore operator Walgreens will offer free clinic visits to the unemployed and uninsured for the rest of the year, providing tests and routine treatment for minor ailments through its walk-in clinics — though patients will still pay for prescriptions.

Walgreens said patients who lose their job and health insurance after March 31 will be able to get free treatment at its in-store Take Care clinics for respiratory problems, allergies, infections and skin conditions, among other ailments. Typically those treatments cost $59 or more for patients with no insurance.

Hal Rosenbluth, chairman of the Take Care Health Systems division, described the plan as something close to an experiment: He said Walgreens isn't sure of patient demand or how much providing the services might cost the company.

It's likely to generate more attention for the clinics, however. Rosenbluth said a typical Take Care patient tells eight other people about his or her experience. So far, about 30 percent of Take Care patients were new customers to Walgreens.

<snip>

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_on_bi_ge/walgree

The gigantic 500-pound primitive, who can't make lemonade out of lemons:

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-31-09 01:30 PM
Response to Original message

6. I'm really glad to see them doing this.

Walgreen's has always tended to be my favorite drug store for a lot of unique products they offer and specials they run every week. They beat the hell out of CVS, that's for sure.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: gigantic primitive likes Walgreen's
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:32 AM »
His Ovalness has just praised a corporation that seeks to make a profit. will wonders never cease?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:33:27 AM »
His Ovalness has just praised a corporation that seeks to make a profit. will wonders never cease?

I'm sure Walgreen's will do something soon that gets them put back on the DU boycott list.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:38:33 AM »
I'm sure Walgreen's will do something soon that gets them put back on the DU boycott list.

Actually, that's a pretty big bonfire over there, and about half the primitives aren't enamoured of Walgreen's, insisting there's some sort of ulterior motive behind this gesture.

I was just looking around for the gigantic 500-pound primitive, to see if he's had any more experiences with the nice guy who drives the bus for overweight people, but this was all I could find.  As the gigantic primitive is an object of fascination, even though it's only a little bit, I thought might be interesting.
apres moi, le deluge