Author Topic: UH-OH!: How come I got more under President Bush?  (Read 873 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
UH-OH!: How come I got more under President Bush?
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5365992

hyphenate  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-31-09 08:08 PM
Original message
How come I got more under President Bush
 than under President Obama?

Being among the poorest part of the population, and living as hand to mouth as you can possibly be, I am astounded that I am receiving less money under the current stimulus package than I did last year, under Bush.

$50 is nothing to sneeze about, let me tell you. But then, the living class that I am now a part of has been so shafted throughout history, that even being acknowledged as being around at all makes it a miracle unto itself.

OTOH, I guess I had better grab that $250 before anyone else does--"put up or shut up" comes to my mind.
Apparantly Dubbyah gave him a bigger pony! :-)

GentryDixon  (467 posts)     Tue Mar-31-09 08:13 PM
Response to Original message
2. Because the Repuking Senators forced the President to decrease
 the incentive he wanted to give. If you live in a state represented by only Republican Senators, like I do, then you should complain to them.

THIS is priceless:
RB TexLa  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-31-09 08:13 PM
3. Bush just gave money out to try to buy people's affection. President Obama's plan is an actual plan
 to turn our economy around. It's a 30 year plan but that is what it's going to take. This one has a much better chance of working, but as the Vice President said, we don't know for certain it will work.
:bwah:

HiFructosePronSyrup  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-31-09 08:16 PM
4. You make more than $250,000 a year.
 Otherwise, you're not.

hyphenate  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-31-09 11:06 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. huh?
 I am on disability, and my income is well under $14,000 a year. And yes, without a doubt, I'm pretty much in the toilet income-wise. If I didn't have a friend giving me a roof over my head, it could have been far worse.

:-)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: UH-OH!: How come I got more under President Bush?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:42:55 PM »
RB TexLa  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-31-09 08:13 PM
3. Bush just gave money out to try to buy people's affection. President Obama's plan is an actual plan
 to turn our economy around. It's a 30 year plan but that is what it's going to take. This one has a much better chance of working, but as the Vice President said, we don't know for certain it will work.

Um, I hate to break this to you morons, but if it truly is a 30-year plan, then (a) The Messiah truly WILL be a one-termer, and (b) the Republican President in January 2013 will embark on a 30-day plan to un-cornhole our country from the damage done by Idiot-in-Chief Dumbama.

By the way, you get less under Obama because his idea of progress is to put more money in unemployment checks, not in paychecks.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
It's a 30 year plan but that is what it's going to take. This one has a much better chance of working, but as the Vice President said, we don't know for certain it will work

Obama plans to be President for 30 years?? This is going to be a 30-year DUmmie depression??

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »
hyphenate  (1000+ posts)        Tue Mar-31-09 08:08 PM
Original message
How come I got more under President Bush
 than under President Obama?

And slowly...the light of reality begins to shine inside one pointy Libtard head.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
and no further responses to the thread as of 11:00 last night.  I'm just surprised that the original poster referenced "President Bush."  Nobody's touching this baby. 

No. 3 was priceless.  OMG

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
^5.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Someone making well under $14k/year would damn sure know if they were making less or not.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
And slowly...the light of reality begins to shine inside one pointy Libtard head.
I'm afraid that light will be short lived, like a candle in a hurricane....

Truth and reality only confuse them and give them headaches....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 03:12:19 PM »

They will get one look at the cobwebs and old musty storage boxes and blow that candle out very fast.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »
Just wait until they realize that their huge tax decrease is expires in 2011.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.