Author Topic: Kiss UAW votes bye-bye.  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Kiss UAW votes bye-bye.
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 07:25:29 AM »
Horseshit!*

There are far too many union votes to risk losing to allow that to happen. Nor will the government allow these companies to fold which would be an admission the centralized planning and control schemes were wrong. The UAW workers will be paid with taxpayer money--probably with raises and expanded benefits--even if GM and Chrysler can't sell another car. We are not witnessing the government's destruction of a major industry, we are witnessing the creation of a massive new welfare project.

I dare anyone to argue to the contrary.

* not mad at you, just mad

Agree. "teh messiah" fired the CEO of GM. Any word on the president of the UAW?   :whatever:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »
Call me cynical but O has shown over and over again that he says one thing (reduce the deficit) while doing the opposite (sign on to trillions in new spending).
He has also shown that political ideology trumps common sense so my gut feeling is that as time goes along union workers will be given essentially a guaranteed gov funded job.

Perhaps I will be proven wrong but until I see it I don`t believe O will do anything to harm the UAW.
They will completely nationalize the US auto industry first....it is well on its way to that already.

The govt has apparently ordered them to stop work on the Volt, improve mileage (smaller deathtraps) and stop making SUV/trucks which make up 11 of their 20 profitable vehicles. GM is finished.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 09:53:24 AM »
The govt has apparently ordered them to stop work on the Volt, improve mileage (smaller deathtraps) and stop making SUV/trucks which make up 11 of their 20 profitable vehicles. GM is finished.

......as a private company.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
A very large number of UAW members are about to be unemployed

They voted themselves into that situation.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 04:40:22 AM »
Okay, here's what I think is going to happen. Obama is going to end up keeping his hands clean by having this get to the point where GM has to file Bankruptcy. Otherwise, going ahead and saying that the g'ment is backing warranties, doesn't make sense. He's setting the stage. O.k., so after they file, it will be some random judge who will force the unions to tear up contracts and make concessions, and the big O won't be the bad guy. This is all a move for the O gang to come in and place the people they want in they board of dir. and remake this into a greencartopia. They will then make cars that no one wants, but due to stricter demands on regs, incentives, rebates, and the rising gas price, (I say gas is at 4 dollars by May/June), they will insure that people buy Obama Motors mobiles. I think this may be pretty close to what we see, I really do. Make no mistake, I watched the lil dog and pony show with the new head of GM, yesterday. He KNOWS he is owned by Obama.This will not end well. Also, how in the farkin sark is GM offering to pay payments for folks who lose their job for one year? Uh, THEY ARE BROKE! Also, notice how Chrysler got thrown to the wolves? Fiat was downgraded to junk bond status today. This is all kinds of rotten.  :thatsright:
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
Okay, here's what I think is going to happen. Obama is going to end up keeping his hands clean by having this get to the point where GM has to file Bankruptcy. Otherwise, going ahead and saying that the g'ment is backing warranties, doesn't make sense. He's setting the stage. O.k., so after they file, it will be some random judge who will force the unions to tear up contracts and make concessions, and the big O won't be the bad guy. This is all a move for the O gang to come in and place the people they want in they board of dir. and remake this into a greencartopia. They will then make cars that no one wants, but due to stricter demands on regs, incentives, rebates, and the rising gas price, (I say gas is at 4 dollars by May/June), they will insure that people buy Obama Motors mobiles. I think this may be pretty close to what we see, I really do. Make no mistake, I watched the lil dog and pony show with the new head of GM, yesterday. He KNOWS he is owned by Obama.This will not end well. Also, how in the farkin sark is GM offering to pay payments for folks who lose their job for one year? Uh, THEY ARE BROKE! Also, notice how Chrysler got thrown to the wolves? Fiat was downgraded to junk bond status today. This is all kinds of rotten.  :thatsright:

Nope. Obama will now "control" the bankruptcy process. protecting the UAW. The Obama will also be appointing the next Board of Directors of Government Motors.