Author Topic: They don't even know the enemy. This is why they lose.  (Read 510 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

They don't even know the enemy. This is why they lose.
« on: June 12, 2020, 03:10:37 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213584452
matt819 (8,562 posts)

Does Trump even know how much he is hated by more than half the country?
I know, he's a narcissist and so that half of the country doesn't mean anything to him. We aren't real. For that matter, neither is the half that bows down to him.

But does he see the Biden ads? The ad today from VoteVets. The stuff from The Lincoln Project or Meidas Touch?

Does he know the contemptuous nicknames? Which reminds me. Here's another one: The Yellow Peril.

He watches TV, but only Fox. He probably doesn't read because I really believe he's illiterate. But does anyone in his circle bring these to his attention?
Newest Reality (10,121 posts)
2. He is...

He is into whipping the masses up in what ever way works and never missing a political upheaval.
That's the Hitler/Goebbels routine and he is now entrenching himself in it until the end.

It is a sign of desperation and a rather short Reich.

To me, he really doesn't care what you think of him or call him as long as he is on your mind and has your reactions. This isn't about what people imagine it to be and that's why it even works as well as it does.

Have you had a day without Trump since he was elected, or at least in recent memory? Talking about an insertion, he gets that part.
Star Member CrispyQ (27,902 posts)
7. You are spot on.

This: he really doesn't care what you think of him or call him as long as he is on your mind and has your reactions.

That said, I think most adults are sick and tired of the constant me-fest, and want a president who doesn't demand our attention 24x7. In an honest election he will suffer an historic loss in November. Hopefully he is disliked so much we can overcome the right's underhanded tactics.
shanti (20,693 posts)
13. Exactly

Negative attention is better than no attention, and he learned that as a child.
Star Member barbtries (23,292 posts)
11. what i think and don't know:

some of it gets to him, but his "people" by and large do not tell him the truth. When they share poll results he attacks them. I don't know how they stay, they must have assumed the role of the long-time sufferers of domestic abuse. For some reason they don't think there's a way out of it for them. I don't know. I am convinced that he's a nightmare to hang out with or work for.
This last one is complete fantasy land.

you might say these are DUmmys, and as such will never have a clue. But their leadership has the same problem. Seriously have you ever heard any real coherent criticism apart from name calling and lies?
Everything the Democrats have tried either failed or backfired upon them.
Russiagate fizzled with any evidence.
Impeachment was laughed at and bolstered Trump in the polls.
The public is not blaming Trump for the virus.
The economy where allowed, is roaring back.
The riots are harming Democrats, not Trump.

Democrat leadership has no idea who Trump really is either. You would think by now they would have done something/anything to understand their foe. But instead they wallow in ignorance.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: They don't even know the enemy. This is why they lose.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
"They don't even know the enemy."

IOW they don't know themselves.

As DI was shutting down, I explained to David Allen that he was his own worst enemy, and I did that knowing he isn't intelligent enough to understand, but he needed to hear it anyway.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:18:31 PM »
"The Yellow Peril?" Isn't that raaaaacccccissssssst name for Asians?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
They avoid knowing us, because they sense beforehand that if they did get to know us, they'd be sorely surprised to discover that we're usually smarter than they are.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »
Preezy Shit Midas was never hated by over half the country or had any derogatory names. But he was adored by The Enemy of the People, the lying media.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.