Author Topic: Primitives hate cops for some obscure reason.  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Primitives hate cops for some obscure reason.
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213567265#post6
thucythucy (4,801 posts)

Many decades ago there was a right wing bumper sticker that said
"If you think police are pigs, the next time you need help, call a hippy."

These many years it's been my experience that every time I've had occasion to either call or interact with the police, I would have been far better off calling on some hippies. This includes the time I was raped, and in the aftermath endured a huge dose of male police piggishness.

Just my own observation and experience, for what it's worth.
SoonerPride (6,566 posts)
1. I have never once had a positive interaction with the police

I was gay bashed and nearly killed and the police didn’t do ****ing shit

My house was burglarized and the police did ****ing shit

I’ve been stopped, harassed, demeaned, and ignored by police.

And I’m a white male.

I can’t imagine the horrors inflicted upon females and people of color.

I have nothing but contempt for police

We need to start over. The entire system is rotten to its core.

Burn the ****ing system down and start over.

Tinkering at the edges isn’t fixing it.
Star Member NBachers (12,543 posts)
9. I've had many bad interactions with cops, and plenty of time in the joint. Here are my observations

for what it's worth: I had a lot more problems with cops when I gave cops problems. Sure, I "stood up to the man and didn't take his shit." But as bad as you want to get, they can always get worse.

If you keep things polite, courteous, and cooperative, you stand a much better chance of coming out of it intact and uninjured. Your behavior will often determine the outcome of the encounter.

Sure, any cop can "go cop" on you for unwarranted reasons. But you have the option of which way you're going to steer the encounter.
Star Member Laffy Kat (11,899 posts)
6. I dated a Memphis cop in the 70s.

I wasn't that woke at the time but I still knew racism when I saw it. I stopped dating him and left the city for good shortly thereafter. It was the entire force, at least from what I saw and heard.

"Cops are bad, Mkay?"

Offline jukin

Re: Primitives hate cops for some obscure reason.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 07:53:40 PM »
The DUchebags will be the most affected by getting police shutdown.  The poor and stupid use the police more than any other demographic and I think we can all agree 98% of DUmmys are poor and stupid.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:22:40 PM »
I was gay bashed and nearly killed and the police didn’t do ****ing shit

My house was burglarized and the police did ****ing shit

Wait.  Do you want them to do shit or not do shit?  You cannot complain about both.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »
thucythucy (4,801 posts)

Many decades ago there was a right wing bumper sticker that said
"If you think police are pigs, the next time you need help, call a hippy."

These many years it's been my experience that every time I've had occasion to either call or interact with the police, I would have been far better off calling on some hippies. This includes the time I was raped, and in the aftermath endured a huge dose of male police piggishness.

Just my own observation and experience, for what it's worth.

Was it actually rape or just rape rape?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »
The biggest problem with police?

THE UNIONS THAT PROTECT THEM FROM DISCIPLINARY ACTION!!!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 07:40:31 PM »
I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a bad experience with cops.
The number of times I've had a GOOD experience with cops, in contrast, is innumerable.
The vast majority of them that I've interacted with were not just fair and professional in how they went about things, they were absolute pillars of their respective communities.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 05:27:05 AM »
I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a bad experience with cops.
The number of times I've had a GOOD experience with cops, in contrast, is innumerable.
The vast majority of them that I've interacted with were not just fair and professional in how they went about things, they were absolute pillars of their respective communities.
And I bet you didn't call them pigs and demand a warrant after they told you your car smells like weed too...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 07:00:46 AM »
There are some real problems with the way cops do stuff.  It's not all a Black thing, but the 'Driving while Black' stops are a real thing, plenty of perfectly ordinary Black citizens have told me of these kind of encounters.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 09:25:35 AM »
There are some real problems with the way cops do stuff.  It's not all a Black thing, but the 'Driving while Black' stops are a real thing, plenty of perfectly ordinary Black citizens have told me of these kind of encounters.
My experience with being on the road showed me that pretty blondes in convertibles were constantly being pulled over

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »
My experience with being on the road showed me that pretty blondes in convertibles were constantly being pulled over

They do that too, but the blondes are a lot less likely to be cuffed 'For my safety' have their car searched.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 11:39:28 AM »

It happens even more in African cities.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:19 PM »
I wonder how many of DU-folks' unpleasant interactions with police had to do with things done - illegal things, imprudent reactions - by the DU-folks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
They do that too, but the blondes are a lot less likely to be cuffed 'For my safety' have their car searched.
Lol, I'm sure cuffs are still involved. Giggity.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »
Lol, I'm sure cuffs are still involved. Giggity.

Mostly optional.  ;)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »
I wonder how many of DU-folks' unpleasant interactions with police had to do with things done - illegal things, imprudent reactions - by the DU-folks.

Oh, you know that's exactly the case.

There was one dude on BabyDU, "DavesNotHereMan," who was virulently anti-cop, and one could easily discern the source of his animosity.  He was arrogant, he was rude, he was all puffed up, and so probably talked back to cops.

I always thought he should be pulled over for driving while grossly obese, too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »

All of them. Next question please.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 10:06:22 AM »
Oh, you know that's exactly the case.

There was one dude on BabyDU, "DavesNotHereMan," who was virulently anti-cop, and one could easily discern the source of his animosity.  He was arrogant, he was rude, he was all puffed up, and so probably talked back to cops.

I always thought he should be pulled over for driving while grossly obese, too.

I actually liked DNHM.  I didn't see him as virulently "anti-cop"; more generally skeptical.  He definitely didn't "worship" cops.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 07:07:34 PM »

I keep hearing that from black folk... but I just never see any real evidence that this is true.  More likely the cops have pulled them over for a legitimate reason, tail light out, etc, and they copped an attitude.  I suppose if you were in a high drug area, not saying these people are dealing or buying, just in the area for innocent reasons, and get pulled over, maybe I could see it.

I really think a lot of it is "a cop pulled me over and I'm black so its racist!!"

I got pulled over once,  felony stop, put on the ground, cuffed, searched,  the whole nine yards.  I was in a suit and trench coat at the time. Was raining.  Pissed me off.  Turns out someone had just robbed a bank and the escape car was the same as what I was driving.  Was on way to a job interview.  Didn't get the job either.

So I guess you could say I was pulled over for being white.   :-)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 08:05:12 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi