Author Topic: Why $kimmer shut down Discussionist - My opinion  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Why $kimmer shut down Discussionist - My opinion
« on: June 09, 2020, 12:59:52 PM »
He thought liberals would dominate the day and run off the conservatives.

It didn't quite work out that way.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Why $kimmer shut down Discussionist - My opinion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
Can't argue with that.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=13567141

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213569828

Let's see what the primitives have to say about it. I'll go with "Good! It had become a cesspool anyway!" without ever acknowledging that they were the $%#& in the sewer.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:10:40 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
We provoked an existential crisis. They couldn't fabricate enough nonsense to drown us, nor could they power politic us off the board with alert swarms.

The strategic error was when Skinner barred all new enrollments. That's when the power politics really took off. Both sides resorted to alert swarms, but the real deciders on the juries were predominantly fair-minded. Being short on facts, the left would resort to emotion more frequently. That tipped the scales against the left. From there, it was all downhill. Not being able to re-enroll put an end the left.

And then there were posters like Mrs. Corpulent, who couldn't bear the thought of having his 2016 predictions and puffery rubbed in his face. He quite despite having an active account. He wasn't the only one to do so, and their absence further undermined the game of raw numbers.

We had facts and righteous indignation on our side. We were destined to win.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »
We provoked an existential crisis. They couldn't fabricate enough nonsense to drown us, nor could they power politic us off the board with alert swarms.

The strategic error was when Skinner barred all new enrollments. That's when the power politics really took off. Both sides resorted to alert swarms, but the real deciders on the juries were predominantly fair-minded. Being short on facts, the left would resort to emotion more frequently. That tipped the scales against the left. From there, it was all downhill. Not being able to re-enroll put an end the left.

And then there were posters like Mrs. Corpulent, who couldn't bear the thought of having his 2016 predictions and puffery rubbed in his face. He quite despite having an active account. He wasn't the only one to do so, and their absence further undermined the game of raw numbers.

We had facts and righteous indignation on our side. We were destined to win.

I absolutely agree. Once the liberals left or quit posting for one reason or another, it was downhill (for them).

For the record, I think Swifty was a troll. NO ONE could be that dense and come up with the most ridiculous stuff to blame on Trump and conservatives in general. I don't believe they (be they male or female) actually believed the nonsense they put up.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 01:24:48 PM »
I agree with the idea that Skinner initially thought some of his DUmmies and some other lefties would pwn conservatives but it didn't quite work out that way.

After the Trump win and DU hack, many of the lefties didn't come back for their serving of crow. 

Not really administered after that. I'm surprised he kept it around as long as he did. Not a ton of users so probably not generating much revenue and, as usual, lefties had trouble backing up their fee-fees with facts and logic.

It's convenient that blue already had Hide5 set up.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »
I agree with the idea that Skinner initially thought some of his DUmmies and some other lefties would pwn conservatives but it didn't quite work out that way.

After the Trump win and DU hack, many of the lefties didn't come back for their serving of crow. 

Not really administered after that. I'm surprised he kept it around as long as he did. Not a ton of users so probably not generating much revenue and, as usual, lefties had trouble backing up their fee-fees with facts and logic.

It's convenient that blue already had Hide5 set up.

There never was a hack. $kimmer knew the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would occur and he didn't want the secret service visiting, but it would have been really fun to watch.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 02:59:41 PM »
There never was a hack. $kimmer knew the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would occur and he didn't want the secret service visiting.....

Knowing Skins as well as some of us do, that's probably what really happened.

It was remarkable that Skins' island sank right after the Clinton campaign had publicly announced the fireworks display had been cancelled.  If memory serves me correctly both events happened within minutes of each other, the announcement about the fireworks first.
apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
Knowing Skins as well as some of us do, that's probably what really happened.

It was remarkable that Skins' island sank right after the Clinton campaign had publicly announced the fireworks display had been cancelled.  If memory serves me correctly both events happened within minutes of each other, the announcement about the fireworks first.

The cancellation of the fireworks display told me Hitlary Von Pantsuit KNEW she was going to lose. She shoulda listened to Bill and campaigned more in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania but she was the smartest woman in the room.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »
JMHO but I think that the DU hack was real.  Mostly because of the video that was put up in its place.  As we well know lefty can't meme and that video was pretty funny.

The amount of time it took Skinner to get it back up was mighty suspicious though. It wouldn't surprise me if Skinner took so long in order to keep The Secret Service away.

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 07:57:43 PM »
Other then a couple the lefties were ignorant sacks of shit.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29:08 AM »
JMHO but I think that the DU hack was real.  Mostly because of the video that was put up in its place.  As we well know lefty can't meme and that video was pretty funny.

The amount of time it took Skinner to get it back up was mighty suspicious though. It wouldn't surprise me if Skinner took so long in order to keep The Secret Service away.

It was real.  I was actually browsing DU when it happened , and it was awesome  :-)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
Obviously they are cancelling any debate. No presence of non-BLM-cuck-sucking individuals are allowed to say anything anymore. This is happening across the Internet.

By the way, if you need anything off of Archive.org, get it fast. Buy a lot of terrabyte drives and start saving everything you need. I'm going to start archiving my emails now. Gmail will disappear soon as well, or at least by election day.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
It was real.  I was actually browsing DU when it happened , and it was awesome  :-)
Where did the inside job conspiracy stuff start?
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)