Author Topic: Led Zeppelin consider future reunions  (Read 2327 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Led Zeppelin consider future reunions
« on: January 10, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »
Led Zeppelin are to hold a band meeting this month to discuss their future, it has been confirmed.

The reformed legends played a comeback concert at the O2 Arena in London last month, which was crowned 2007's biggest rock event.

Bass player John Paul Jones has admitted that no one has ruled anything out following the one-off gig.

link

Yesssss!!!!! Please, please, please do it.
 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Led Zeppelin consider future reunions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:00:01 PM »
I dunno, bijou do you think they still put out good music when they all are pushing 70?  :-)

They can call the new album Nursing homes of the holy.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:01:48 PM »
Stairway to bed?  :-)

Offline vftb

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
XM radio has a 24/7, Zeppelin station on (I think it's channel 59).  Little much to listen full time, but sure nice when you're in the mood  :-).
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
Stairway to bed?  :-)

Black seeing eye dog.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 04:06:04 PM »
Kashmir shawl

Offline vftb

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
Here's an article you can read about the last concert.  Little pricey for my budget, think I'll stay tuned to XM  :mental:
To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
Here's an article you can read about the last concert.  Little pricey for my budget, think I'll stay tuned to XM  :mental:
I live not that far from there. London was all Led Zep all the time that week.  I didn't get a ticket though  :banghead: and I didn't buy one from a tout either, too expensive, the average price paid by concert goers was about $14,000

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »
I live not that far from there. London was all Led Zep all the time that week.  I didn't get a ticket though  :banghead: and I didn't buy one from a tout either, too expensive, the average price paid by concert goers was about $14,000

oh hell no
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 07:13:36 PM »
I saw Led Zep at the Forum in LA in August 1977, I was 13. When they came on they did "Rock n' Roll" but the audience was so load I couldn't hear it at all! It was a three hour show, half hour drum solo. Jimmy's solo was just like the one on the live album but he did a cool lazer light pyramid that rotated over him during the violin bow part. They did an acoustic set in the middle of it all. It slowed a bit when they did tunes off of "Presence". I remember going to the restroom and coming back in the wrong section right next to the stage. They were in the middle of Misty Mountain Hop and all this smoke was pouring off the stage covering the first two rows or so. I remember this one girl looking up at the stage with this amazed look on her face. Or she was stoned, I don't know which!
It's weird what you remember from so long ago. I remember walking up to the entrance and there was a dumpster being filled with all the "contraband" being confiscated during the searches, mostly bottles. Or bongs? Ha ha! The music they piped in over the PA before the show was ZZ Tops' "Tejas".
My Aunt and Uncle took my sister and I to the show but he doesn't remember a minute of it!

In my mind The Led Zeppelin show has been equaled only by the U-2 and The Eagles live shows I saw in Japan. But for $14,000 dollars? No way! I'll wait for the DVD!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.