Author Topic: Whoa-ho, I got promoted!  (Read 13379 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Whoa-ho, I got promoted!
« on: January 06, 2008, 09:01:05 AM »
And in such a short time, too, even before I could find my desk.

franksolich is a moderator, apparently, of the primitives' forum here.

It's going to be fun, and as soon as I get this car problem all straightened out (I'm more than 40 miles away from the vehicle, by the way, and it's Sunday morning), I'm going to be dragging over campfires from Skins's island exclusive to conservativescave, posted nowhere else.

By the way, Kevin's been looking around for a "better" name for this site; being otherwise distracted (as one gets when a car breaks down), all I could think of was "skinnersnemesis" or "skinnersagony," but that of course won't do.  Once the cerebral cells get going in their proper direction, I'll do some thinking, but if anybody has any creative ideas about a "better" name for this site, holler at Kevin; I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Whoa-ho, I got promoted!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »
Congrats on your promotion!

I've never been great at finding the best threads over there; I HAVE gotten some practice this week. I'm glad you're here.  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
I can't think of anyone more deserving of having the title of "moderator" beside their name.

Good job sir.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »
Yay!  Perfect person for the job, IMO!!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »
Skinnersagony :lmao:

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Glad to see you over here Frank.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
I've never been great at finding the best threads over there; I HAVE gotten some practice this week.

I think everybody uses a different technique to finding good campfires on Skins's island.

Most seem to wander around, selecting items by subject or content, and of course that gives the most accurate overall impression of what Skins's island really is.

Some seem to concentrate upon just one or two forums on Skins's island.

I'm not exactly sure what I do--as Sigmund Freud said, one can't analyze oneself--but I've always tried to put a human face on individual primitives (which is why I've always baptized them with a more-appropriate monicker than their official primitive name; the primitives tend to be really stupid, just really stupid, when selecting screen-names they think define themselves).

And just as if at a real-life party, when I get out the boat and row over to Skins's island, I look around for primitives with faces.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »
I've never been great at finding the best threads over there; I HAVE gotten some practice this week.

I think everybody uses a different technique to finding good campfires on Skins's island.

Most seem to wander around, selecting items by subject or content, and of course that gives the most accurate overall impression of what Skins's island really is.

I'm not exactly sure what I do--as Sigmund Freud said, one can't analyze oneself--but I've always tried to put a human face on individual primitives (which is why I've always baptized them with a more-appropriate monicker than their official primitive name; the primitives tend to be really stupid, just really stupid, when selecting screen-names they think define themselves).

And just as if at a real-life party, when I get out the boat and row over to Skins's island, I look around for primitives with faces.

Congrats on your promotion Frank,no one deserves it more :cheersmate: I won't bring anything over from the mental health forum{seems kind of cruel to do so}as for all other forums its open season :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »

Congrats on your promotion Frank,no one deserves it more :cheersmate: I won't bring anything over from the mental health forum{seems kind of cruel to do so}as for all other forums its open season :-)
I agree with you about the MH Forum, I've never posted anything from that it isn't playing fair.  I hope people will stay away from it as they did at CU.  There is enough in the other fora there for endless entertainment.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »
You definitely are the right person for this position, Frank  :cheersmate: And, you are wonderful at picking the campfires.

As for a name, I've been doing a little thinking on that myself...DUmmieBust? Nah, we don't want "DUmmie" in our name  :lmao:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
Congrats on your promotion!

I've never been great at finding the best threads over there; I HAVE gotten some practice this week. I'm glad you're here.  :-)
The best stuff in my experience is usually in GD or politics.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 04:00:08 PM »
Congratulations, Frank!  you are an EXCELLENT choice to mod this forum.

Re, new name for the site:  Moonbat Abbattoir?
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »
I must say the mod decisions here have been so far excellent.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
I must say working with Frank will cause some DUmmies heartburn.  They don't care for either of us.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Frank does this make you the Head DUmpster Diver?
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Flame

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 05:04:57 PM »
I must say working with Frank will cause some DUmmies heartburn.  They don't care for either of us.

That's the beauty of it!   I'm looking forward to the first campfire that mentions CC!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
And in such a short time, too, even before I could find my desk.

franksolich is a moderator, apparently, of the primitives' forum here.

It's going to be fun, and as soon as I get this car problem all straightened out (I'm more than 40 miles away from the vehicle, by the way, and it's Sunday morning), I'm going to be dragging over campfires from Skins's island exclusive to conservativescave, posted nowhere else.

By the way, Kevin's been looking around for a "better" name for this site; being otherwise distracted (as one gets when a car breaks down), all I could think of was "skinnersnemesis" or "skinnersagony," but that of course won't do.  Once the cerebral cells get going in their proper direction, I'll do some thinking, but if anybody has any creative ideas about a "better" name for this site, holler at Kevin; I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you.

A moderator is a promotion??   :mental:    :rotf:  Just kidding.  Welcome to the fun Frank!  Good to see you here mi amigo!  Congrats on the job, I know you will do well ..... I'm banned aren't I.   :whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:59 PM »

A moderator is a promotion??   :mental:    :rotf:  Just kidding.  Welcome to the fun Frank!  Good to see you here mi amigo!  Congrats on the job, I know you will do well ..... I'm banned aren't I.   :whatever:

KC

We can't ban you, but we can make your internet life a living hell.  We can fix it so every click you make takes you to http://www.out.c0m/.  That's all you need to know.   :tongue:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:43:58 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »

KC

We can't ban you, but we can make your internet life a living hell.  We can fix it so every click you make takes you to http://www.out.c0m/.  That's all you need to know.   :tongue:

OMG!!   :o :o  That is soooooo wrong.  I hope that didn't snag my IP!  LOL 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »

That's the beauty of it!   I'm looking forward to the first campfire that mentions CC!

Do we need someone to plant something?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
Congrats Frank!
A+ choice in mod selection   :clap:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »

KC

KC
You fixed the "o", didn't you?  :lmao:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »

KC

KC
You fixed the "o", didn't you?  :lmao:

Actually, I saw the change when I posted but ..... it wasn't me.  I SHOULD have but it did it on its own.  Man, I need to wash my eyeballs out with some acid or something!   :bawl:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »
Congrats on the new job Frank.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 06:47:22 PM »
Do we need someone to plant something?

Sooner or later, someone will.

Also, the rabbi's yeshiva; for some reason, the rabbi doesn't seem to know of this place yet.

apres moi, le deluge