Author Topic: Damn, damn, damn!  (Read 5683 times)

Offline CG6468

Re: Damn, damn, damn!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »
bummer!!!!! Insurance won't cover any of it???

They covered all of it except for the $100 deductible.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Zeus

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
$1756.00.

I guessed $1,800 actual damage & repair but figured the body shop would pad the estimate/bill by $500 or so. Not bad from just a pic eh.

Did you say your deductible was $100 ? you must have a hellish premium.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
Why do drivers like to hover in blind spots ? I get through them as expeditiously as possible, or just fall back.

He was in the process of passing me, rather quickly, and when I looked I didn't look carefully enough. The accident was my fault, though I was not cited. This occurred in Germany - not sure why I didn't get a citation, but I didn't. Insurance took care of the whole thing as far as I know. I never heard a thing about it.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »
I guessed $1,800 actual damage & repair but figured the body shop would pad the estimate/bill by $500 or so. Not bad from just a pic eh.

Did you say your deductible was $100 ? you must have a hellish premium.

$382 twice a year.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
$382 twice a year.

Must be nice. I almost pay that a month. full Coverage on two vehicles valued at about 50K.
Have a clear record now,hasn't always been that way though
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »
$382 twice a year.
It will go up until they get their payout back, and more on top of that.

Modified to correct typo
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
It will go up until they get their payout back, and more on top of that.

Modified to correct typo

Because of my clean record, it won't affect my premium at all.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Because of my clean record, it won't affect my premium at all.
Nice, and I would add that reassurance doesn't change my opinion of insurance companies being necessary evils.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »
Nice, and I would add that reassurance doesn't change my opinion of insurance companies being necessary evils.

Oh, do I agree with that!

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
 :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
My very first brand new car in MY NAME, a KIA 4 door piece of shit, and weeks later a young kid at work with his first Car of any kind parked his on a slope  in neutral and it rolled into my back bumper.

Surprising the amount of damage a car gently rolling into another can cause.   I think I could have done more damage had I kicked the bumper wearing sneakers. 2 small dents and perhaps one long scratch across the bumper.

The estimate for repair was around $800------Yikes, what got to me was there was a baby seat in his car.

Hubby took things into his own hands as I refused to put in a claim.   He borrowed one of those dent suction thingies and they popped right out,  [AS seen on TV ]  went to the dealership and for $5.00 bought a small bottle of paint to match the color, and Bingo, looked good as new.    Upside was the kid willing to cover for hubby when he needed a day off, and his wife packed an extra lunch for me with his so I was feed free for months.  

Bumpers my ass they are good for attaching a licence plate to, not much else.

Someone mentioned Air bags, we have had a rash of Auto Dealerships loosing these things by the dozens up here.
Inside jobs and outright crooks.   Saw an ad for a new car that has 8, yes 8 of them front, back ,on both sides and in the back.      Forget stealing the hub caps boys, go for the air bags.