Author Topic: Ever wondered how effective all that white light is?  (Read 3425 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Ever wondered how effective all that white light is?
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »
saracat  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jan-02-08 09:30 PM
Original message
Join in the "Spooky action at a Distance" for John and Elizabeth!
 Edited on Wed Jan-02-08 09:31 PM by saracat
Beautiful post!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Phoebe Loosinhouse (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-03-08 12:51 AM
Original message
"Spooky Action at a Distance" - harnessing on your behalf, John and Elizabeth
Edited on Thu Jan-03-08 12:56 AM by Phoebe Loosinhouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_at_a_distance_ (physics)

On this eve of the caucus, I am channeling my best wishes for your success and hope that these thoughts may be picked up by engaged minds in Iowa.

For those with no voice, those who have lost their voice and those with laryngitis, please keep speaking those hard truths that many powers-that-be decry as too "angry". The truth is harsh, but it doesn't make it any less real. America can handle the truth and we are ready to hear it. If for nothing else, I thank you so much for being unafraid to use the word "corrupt" as an adjective applied to our political systems.

Godspeed and on to New Hampshire!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x60061

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-03-08 01:09 PM
Response to Original message
1. Although I'm for Kucinich,
 I've felt for a long time that Edwards would get the nomination. That's what I'm concentrating on today.
mother earth  (747 posts)      Thu Jan-03-08 02:46 PM
Response to Original message
2. My heart is with Edwards. Saracat. I'm sending all positive thoughts
 and envisioning a victory because we need this man so badly. An Edwards victory can set us back on track, and once that momentum gets started nothing will get in it's way. The future is going to be one that honors all men once again in this country, including the disappearing middle class. Americans need to reclaim all that it honors.

Edwards is the way.
Shallah  (1000+ posts)     Thu Jan-03-08 04:21 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. Can Corporate Entites be Exorcised?
 They are negative thoughtforms that are as cancers on the collective energy of humanity. 'Twould be nice if it had an effect.

I'll not be emailing any pictures of hands after this.  :(

Offline djones520

Re: Ever wondered how effective all that white light is?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »
I feel dirty after reading that...
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »
For the life of me I can`t fathom the disconnect that they have with Edwards.
If there ever was someone who cares nothing for the common man save for being able to enrich himself off their misfortune it is him.

The depth of their collective stupidity is hard to imagine.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
And John Edwards, a trial lawyer who earned his initial fortune by defending the ill and injured in the courtroom, made $479,000 last year in salary and held more than $7.5 million in investments with Fortress Investment Group, a New York hedge fund.

Edwards has faced questions about the hedge fund -- where he said he worked only a few days a month -- because Fortress owned offshore funds that served as tax havens for investors and because the firm's portfolio included subprime lenders, which provide high-risk loans that often target minorities. As a candidate, Edwards has railed against both practices.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051600811_pf.html

Learn About Poverty

Monday we told you about John Edwards' work for a hedge fund — which he says was a way to learn how financial markets relate to poverty. Now the Washington Post is reporting that the company — Fortress Investment Group — is also heavily involved in the subprime lending business — offering the kind of high-risk mortgages to the poor that Edwards has loudly criticized as predatory.

Edwards says he was unaware of the connection — and says he can't remember what the firm told him about that part of their business when he signed on.

Meanwhile a researcher from Emory University has come up with a price tag on all the campaign promises Edwards is making — $125 billion/year.

The Associated Press reports that Edwards' plans on health care, energy and poverty reduction would add up to more than $1 trillion if he were president for two terms.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271681,00.html

August 18, 2007 -- Embarrassed presidential hopeful John Edwards promised yesterday to take millions of dollars of his own fortune out of a hedge fund tied to subprime lenders who foreclosed on victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The populist candidate - who has denounced such lenders - invested $16 million of his $30 million in assets in Fortress Investment Group. The Wall Street Journal reported that 34 New Orleans homeowners struggling to overcome Katrina's aftermath faced foreclosure suits from subprime-lending units of Fortress.

Yesterday, the red-faced Democratic candidate vowed to remove from his portfolio any Fortress funds that have a stake in those lender units.

"I will not have my family's money involved in these firms that are foreclosing on people in New Orleans," he said while on the campaign trial in Des Moines, Iowa.

When Fortress' connections to subprime lenders were reported in May, Edwards said he was unaware of it and would ask the company to help Katrina victims faced with losing their homes.

Sources said Edwards spoke to senior Fortress executives and was assured something would be done.

But the Journal's disclosures indicated the foreclosures were still being pursued and that led him to decide yesterday to divest his stake, they said.

Edwards, a former North Carolina senator, has other connections to Fortress. He worked for the firm as a senior adviser after his losing 2004 race as Sen. John Kerry's vice-presidential running mate. He was paid $479,512 for part-time work last year, records show.

Fortress executives also have donated more than $150,000 to Edwards' campaign during the first six months of the year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08182007/news/nationalnews/edwards_hedge_fund_oaks_cane_victims_nationalnews_andy_soltis__post_wire_services.htm

Yes, my friends, John "AquaNet" Edwards loves the "little man".   He has been eating the skin off their backs his entire adult life.  The DUmmies are some dumb mofos.